collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 06:52:38 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB 2019 thread  (Read 123781 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: MLB 2019 thread
« Reply #325 on: May 23, 2019, 12:06:04 PM »
Your opinion on anything related to the Cubs is meaningless. When was the last time you were at Wrigley?

Wrigley North is nice but has its flaws.

And Miller Park South is a complete dump. Difference is Brewers fans don’t pretend that their stadium is the best stadium in baseball. They realize it’s an average stadium that you can tailgate at.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #326 on: May 23, 2019, 12:49:42 PM »
Difference is Brewers fans don’t pretend that their stadium is the best stadium in baseball.
This is a very silly debate, but this isn't true.  Brewer fans "got out the vote" for both the Sporting News and ESPN ballpark rankings.

From ESPN:

Our Battle of the Ballparks Bracket is complete, and the upset winner over Camden Yards, Fenway, Wrigley, PNC, AT&T and all the others is Milwaukee's Miller Park. Well, it's an upset winner based on its No. 24 seed. It's not such an upset winner if you've been following the votes over the past week.

That's because the passionate fans of baseball's smallest market overcame the odds by getting out the vote for their favorite stadium. While other fans might have taken their matchups for granted, the Wisconsin electorate was so energized you would have thought we tried to end collective bargaining for beer vendors. Perhaps that's a lesson for the rest of us.

From the Sporting News:

Miller Park downed division rivals Pittsburgh's PNC Park to move into the finals of the National League bracket against the World Series-champion Giants AT&T Park.

After successfully winning the National League bracket, Miller Park was pitted against Major League Baseball's oldest stadium, the highly-acclaimed Fenway Park, in the finals. After several days of voting, Miller Park was declared the victor earlier today.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #327 on: May 23, 2019, 01:06:13 PM »
And Miller Park South is a complete dump. Difference is Brewers fans don’t pretend that their stadium is the best stadium in baseball. They realize it’s an average stadium that you can tailgate at.

Answer the question, cause it sounds like 10 years+ with that answer

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #328 on: May 23, 2019, 01:27:05 PM »
This is a very silly debate, but this isn't true.  Brewer fans "got out the vote" for both the Sporting News and ESPN ballpark rankings.

From ESPN:

Our Battle of the Ballparks Bracket is complete, and the upset winner over Camden Yards, Fenway, Wrigley, PNC, AT&T and all the others is Milwaukee's Miller Park. Well, it's an upset winner based on its No. 24 seed. It's not such an upset winner if you've been following the votes over the past week.

That's because the passionate fans of baseball's smallest market overcame the odds by getting out the vote for their favorite stadium. While other fans might have taken their matchups for granted, the Wisconsin electorate was so energized you would have thought we tried to end collective bargaining for beer vendors. Perhaps that's a lesson for the rest of us.

From the Sporting News:

Miller Park downed division rivals Pittsburgh's PNC Park to move into the finals of the National League bracket against the World Series-champion Giants AT&T Park.

After successfully winning the National League bracket, Miller Park was pitted against Major League Baseball's oldest stadium, the highly-acclaimed Fenway Park, in the finals. After several days of voting, Miller Park was declared the victor earlier today.

I remember the ESPN one. I voted for Miller though I don't actually believe it is the best. I mainly did it because the author kept making disparaging remarks about the stadium and brewers fans. I thought it would be funny to see him have to write an article about how great it is
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #329 on: May 23, 2019, 02:10:50 PM »

From ESPN:

From the Sporting News:

So you're taking that a bunch of fans went onto some website's voting contest and voted for their team's stadium as Brewers fans really believe their stadium is the best in baseball?  I guess if you want to think that that's fine, but come on now.  That'd be like claiming when Luka Doncic was 2nd in overall votes for Western Conference All Star voting after the second returns were released that people voting Doncic actually believed he was the 2nd best player in the Western Conference, above KD, Harden, Steph, Lillard, etc.

I am not in the least bit surprised that Cubs fans would try to make this argument.  But it's as laughable as claiming Wrigley is the best stadium in baseball.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #330 on: May 23, 2019, 02:34:23 PM »
Answer the question, cause it sounds like 10 years+ with that answer

Yup.  The changes in the last 10 years have almost made it nearly an entirely new stadium.  They gutted the exterior and grandstand concourse down to the steel and literally ripped out and rebuilt the lower bowl and bleachers. 

Plus adding Gallagher Way, Hotel Zachery, and the Addison & Clark complex has improved the surrounding area as well.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #331 on: May 23, 2019, 02:36:16 PM »
So you're taking that a bunch of fans went onto some website's voting contest and voted for their team's stadium as Brewers fans really believe their stadium is the best in baseball?  I guess if you want to think that that's fine, but come on now.  That'd be like claiming when Luka Doncic was 2nd in overall votes for Western Conference All Star voting after the second returns were released that people voting Doncic actually believed he was the 2nd best player in the Western Conference, above KD, Harden, Steph, Lillard, etc.

I am not in the least bit surprised that Cubs fans would try to make this argument.  But it's as laughable as claiming Wrigley is the best stadium in baseball.

I mean it’s just an opinion right?  How is their opinion “laughable?”  There isn’t any sort of objective measurement going on here.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #332 on: May 23, 2019, 03:03:36 PM »
Angels Stadium, we just had our second rain out yesterday since 1995.

As I have always said, the weather is the one great thing here.

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #333 on: May 23, 2019, 03:19:33 PM »
I'm beginning to think Wades is a mid functioning autistic teenager.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #334 on: May 23, 2019, 03:39:10 PM »

Cubs fans. Always keeping it classy.

Because it’s laughable anyone would rank Wrigley Field as the best baseball stadium we’ll try to use autism as an insult. Well done! I’d expect nothing less.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #335 on: May 23, 2019, 05:06:00 PM »

I'm not on this train. I actually like Wades.

But he has a big blind spot when it comes to Chicago teams/sports/fans

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #336 on: May 23, 2019, 09:17:54 PM »

Total dick move, unleash.  Poor form.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #337 on: May 23, 2019, 09:56:01 PM »
Complete game, 4 hit (all singles), shutout, 9K’s at Houston is as impressive a pitching performance as I’ve seen this year. Houston has been incredible at home, averaging an MLB high over 6 runs. I didn’t think I’d be saying this a year ago, but Giolito has been an absolute stud this year, dude is going to be an all star.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #338 on: May 24, 2019, 08:59:36 AM »
Total dick move, unleash.  Poor form.

Meh, his antics over the past 3 years on this thread and the main forum have grown tiring. I had to call him out for what I believe he is. If not then he's just a very confused immature 30 year old.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #339 on: May 24, 2019, 10:01:27 AM »
Meh, his antics over the past 3 years on this thread and the main forum have grown tiring. I had to call him out for what I believe he is. If not then he's just a very confused immature 30 year old.

Oh no! Someone pokes fun at Cubs fans because they can’t handle it. What unacceptable antics! But what is acceptable is to use autism as an insult!

I love Chicago sports fans. Always staying classy.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #340 on: May 24, 2019, 11:04:19 AM »
Oh no! Someone pokes fun at Cubs fans because they can’t handle it. What unacceptable antics! But what is acceptable is to use autism as an insult!

I love Chicago sports fans. Always staying classy.

It wasn't an insult. As a bcba I truly believe it's what you have. You are very focused on very specific viewpoints, that last for years and constantly bring them into conversations that have nothing to do with them.

You are also just a jag. Anyone with a different viewpoint then your own gets treated with complete hostility. You attack random fans on this site for hours.

So I believe that A) you actually do have autism and b) you are a jag. And c) I've decided to block you permanently because you actually physically annoy me, which is pretty impressive over an online fansite.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #341 on: May 24, 2019, 11:33:02 AM »
It wasn't an insult. As a bcba I truly believe it's what you have. You are very focused on very specific viewpoints, that last for years and constantly bring them into conversations that have nothing to do with them.

You are also just a jag. Anyone with a different viewpoint then your own gets treated with complete hostility. You attack random fans on this site for hours.

So I believe that A) you actually do have autism and b) you are a jag. And c) I've decided to block you permanently because you actually physically annoy me, which is pretty impressive over an online fansite.

Lol.

Online trolling = autistic. You’re not very good at your job.

Also, I don’t think autistic people are jags. But you’re the bcba here so maybe they are.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 11:42:02 AM by wadesworld »

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #342 on: May 24, 2019, 12:07:27 PM »
Look, Miller Park is a great place to watch a game. And, I’m a Cardinal fan. The fans are great and they know their baseball. Everyone is friendly and, importantly, the cost of going to the game is reasonable. I’ve liked the park since it opened.

Wrigley, Camden Yards, AT&T Park and even Houston are great places to watch a game. It’s less the building itself and more the people who attend the games. Even Cub fans are fun, though I appreciate them more when their team doesn’t do as well as they expect.

Bottom line — baseball is the game, the people and the interaction. Yeah, a nice ballpark is great but, to compare, I enjoyed County Stadium too and many thought that place was a dump. It wasn’t and you never noticed when the Brewers were good and played exciting baseball.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #343 on: May 24, 2019, 11:06:10 PM »
Complete game, 4 hit (all singles), shutout, 9K’s at Houston is as impressive a pitching performance as I’ve seen this year. Houston has been incredible at home, averaging an MLB high over 6 runs. I didn’t think I’d be saying this a year ago, but Giolito has been an absolute stud this year, dude is going to be an all star.

Let’s see him face the Twins first
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #344 on: May 27, 2019, 01:09:06 PM »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

WarriorDad

• All American
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #346 on: May 28, 2019, 10:29:50 AM »
Look, Miller Park is a great place to watch a game. And, I’m a Cardinal fan. The fans are great and they know their baseball. Everyone is friendly and, importantly, the cost of going to the game is reasonable. I’ve liked the park since it opened.

To be fair, the experience at Miller Park for a Cardinals fan and that of a Cubs fan is very different.  Cardinal and Cubs fans are both passionate, but generally at a Cardinal game at Miller Park, Redbird fans are respectful and generally nice and are good sports. 

Cubs fans that come up to Miller Park though have been quite the opposite.  They're not even the same Cubs fans that show up at Wrigley.  They're usually obnoxious, not very knowledgeable, they often imbibe too much at and before the game, and are generally speaking, terrible fans (not all, but enough that it creates a reputation).  Because of this, most (again, not all but enough it creates a reputation) Brewers fans actually willing to go to those games are the worst example of our own.  It creates a pretty toxic environment that I won't partake in anymore. 

I dislike using absolutes in describing these things, but generally the atmosphere at Cards and Cubs games are as described above and as stated, very different experiences. 

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #347 on: May 29, 2019, 08:41:42 PM »
Scary moment in the Cubs game where it sounds like a little girl was drilled by a line drive foul ball. The stadium went silent as Almora screamed and the players on the field all appeared in shock.

Just extend the nets already.

https://twitter.com/mrevandaniel/status/1133908429410623489?s=21

EDIT:  Sounds like the security guard told Almora the little girl will be ok.

https://twitter.com/sportstalk790/status/1133907005557678080?s=21
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 09:06:26 PM by TallTitan34 »

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #348 on: May 29, 2019, 11:17:52 PM »
Very sad. Should be a concern for everyone who takes their kids or older adults to ball games.

Extend the nets down the line.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #349 on: May 29, 2019, 11:30:03 PM »
Hopefully Chico’s won’t carpet bomb this thread with his drivel about how people getting hit with foul balls are idiots who are at fault. 

Once was enough.

feedback