[Today at 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 09:34:36 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Nukem2
[Today at 09:24:02 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 08:17:02 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB 2019 thread  (Read 123416 times)

#UnleashSean

• All American
Re: MLB 2019 thread
« Reply #925 on: August 11, 2019, 06:49:33 PM »
Wow. And they're on the same team??? Bet they have lots of WS rings since they joined forces. Or at least ALCS rings. Or playoff victories. Zero, you say? Total futility? Imagine that.

Poor trout. By far the best baseball player in many years.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #926 on: August 11, 2019, 07:22:09 PM »
Wow. And they're on the same team??? Bet they have lots of WS rings since they joined forces. Or at least ALCS rings. Or playoff victories. Zero, you say? Total futility? Imagine that.

More Tommy John surgeries than any team in MLB the last 6 years.  Two starting pitchers dead in last decade on top of that, both with bright futures.  Yes, that will have an impact on a team’s ability to win....baseball is about hitting and pitching. 

Angels with 11 pitchers that have had Tommy John surgery since 2014.  Next closest team is 8.  Of the 11 pitchers, 6 of them were starting pitchers.  Sorry, but whether you have two future hall of famers or not batting, if you don't have the arms and the investments you have made in those arms are in the operating room or deceased, that's a tough blow.  Your sarcasm, duly noted, your lack of knowledge on why also duly noted.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gQujXQQGOVNaiuwSN680Hq-FDVsCwvN-3AazykOBON0/edit#gid=0

« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 10:18:20 PM by Cheeks »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #927 on: August 11, 2019, 07:24:44 PM »
I have a scar on my hand from punching someone like you at a bar. I'd be willing to take a 2nd one if this were a bar.

You the man!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #928 on: August 11, 2019, 07:29:40 PM »
MU82 and CBB .. for the love of all that is Arby's, please put eachother on ignore.

Click here: https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?action=profile;area=lists;sa=ignore and make it happen.

This is not a request.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #929 on: August 11, 2019, 07:29:49 PM »
Poor trout. By far the best baseball player in many years.

Yup, glad I get to see him play as often as I do, definitely a joy to watch and be around. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #930 on: August 11, 2019, 07:30:29 PM »
I have a scar on my hand from punching someone like you at a bar. I'd be willing to take a 2nd one if this were a bar.

Which hand?

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #931 on: August 12, 2019, 06:41:28 AM »
Which hand?

Ma left one. But if your down to talk baseball instead of dicking with politics in a thread no one wants to hear about it I will refrain.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #932 on: August 12, 2019, 08:22:25 AM »
Ma left one. But if your down to talk baseball instead of dicking with politics in a thread no one wants to hear about it I will refrain.

I’m game, especially if you point some of your ire to the other gentleman who keeps doing it.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #933 on: August 12, 2019, 08:24:31 AM »
I’m game, especially if you point some of your ire to the other gentleman who keeps doing it.

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=58495.msg1148470#msg1148470
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #935 on: August 12, 2019, 08:38:29 AM »
The mods have asked you and MU82 to stop.  Others have asked you two to stop. 

So why don't you just stop.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #936 on: August 12, 2019, 11:36:24 AM »
Left is the hospital, right is the morgue, your choice.  ;D
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #937 on: August 12, 2019, 11:41:23 AM »
Left is the hospital, right is the morgue, your choice.  ;D

The left was the hospital for me, eh?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #938 on: August 12, 2019, 12:15:56 PM »
The mods have asked you and MU82 to stop.  Others have asked you two to stop. 

So why don't you just stop.

I am, make sure the others do as well which is my point.  It goes beyond the two of us.  Jockey’s comments, Jesu, etc.  They just keep throwing them out there.  Stop

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #939 on: August 12, 2019, 12:18:15 PM »

I like how you actually quoted a baseball relevant post to go all internet tough guy on. 

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #940 on: August 12, 2019, 02:18:03 PM »
I like how you actually quoted a baseball relevant post to go all internet tough guy on.

I know, I scrolled through all of it and ended up hitting the one baseball post he made. That was unfortunate. I wish I was a tough guy, never said I would win.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #941 on: August 12, 2019, 06:48:29 PM »
I am, make sure the others do as well which is my point.  It goes beyond the two of us.  Jockey’s comments, Jesu, etc.  They just keep throwing them out there.  Stop

Charity begins at home

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #942 on: August 12, 2019, 07:04:15 PM »
The juiced ball era is having a really weird effect on guys with + hit skills but that didn't project to be huge power guys.  Some have been slightly tweaking their launch angles, and the juiced ball is helping some of them sneak out an extra 12 HRs per season.  Hiura is one of those guys, Ketel Marte, Ramon Laureano, and maybe Gleyber Torres are some others.  All of a sudden, they look like borderline stars. 

Others of those + hit skill guys aren't experiencing the same power bump (probably because they're more line drive guys who are having a hard time adjusting their launch angles or are hesitant to try) and they're sort of in no man's land.  I'd put guys like Benintendi and Castellanos in that category.

Its going to be a really interesting next year or two depending on what MLB does with the ball. If you're coaching young players now, do you tell them to go for broke and sell their soul to trade 35 points in batting average for 10-15 HRs? Or do you stay patient, trust MLB will go back to the old ball, and that toolsy gap hitters will be more valuable again?

very good points, BUT(you knew that was coming right?) 14 of keston's 61 hits have been homers.  let's pretend maybe 10-12 of those would be off the wall sans "juiced" ball.  still a pretty good hitter right out of the box.  he hits a nice ball and looks like he knows what he's doing.  the brewers need to worry more about his fielding and getting over confident

to your credit, the brewers had trevor hoffman on the air during one of their broadcasts last week.  they asked him about the ball-he said, yes, it feels different, tighter wound, etc  that could be a more astute way to describe the "juiced" ball and i respect that acknowledgment 
don't...don't don't don't don't

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #943 on: August 12, 2019, 07:48:32 PM »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #944 on: August 12, 2019, 08:11:07 PM »
Charity begins at home

Equal justice for all