[Today at 10:40:35 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 10:35:41 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:14:22 AM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 09:51:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Transfer List  (Read 67449 times)

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
Re: Transfer List
« Reply #225 on: April 23, 2019, 03:52:03 PM »
https://247sports.com/college/marquette/Article/Ike-Eke-injury-update-131323742/

Context.   In the very next sentence, he says he thinks he will play the next two years.

The two more years comment is kind of telling as well.  He should theoretically be able to play 3 years for sure, and would very likely get a waiver for a 6th year (4th year on court).

Ike is very unlikely to ever play a game in an MU uniform.  We basically have 4 openings.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #226 on: April 23, 2019, 03:54:04 PM »
look at all of these quitters and traitors.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #227 on: April 23, 2019, 03:54:16 PM »
The two more years comment is kind of telling as well.  He should theoretically be able to play 3 years for sure, and would very likely get a waiver for a 6th year (4th year on court).

Ike is very unlikely to ever play a game in an MU uniform.  We basically have 4 openings.

Ike will be 21 before the upcoming season begins.
Could just be that he doesn't envision himself in college when he's 24/25 years old.

Norm

• All American
« Reply #228 on: April 23, 2019, 04:05:54 PM »
IKe was recently cleared to resume workouts and practices with the team. They think he re-aggravated his previous injury from doing too much too soon in his earlier rehab, so they are taking it slower this time. I assume he will gradually work himself in to playing shape over the spring and summer.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #229 on: April 23, 2019, 04:10:26 PM »
Reading. In the sentence you reference, he says he still WANTS to play and play for two more years. The entire tone of the interview had a very bleak outlook, IMO.

I got 'frustrated I have not been able to contribute yet, but determined to play.'
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #230 on: April 23, 2019, 04:13:25 PM »
Charlie Moore, KU guard transfers to DePaul
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #232 on: April 23, 2019, 05:13:34 PM »
Brew

Had you heard of the kid being MU radar prior to a week ago? You, and others, feel next years recruiting class is going to be a home run, so save the spot for next season. There is no need to rush into filling spots. This is what I was talking about when I said long term success is the ultimate goal.

I knew Skogman was getting high major interest before the Hausers left, & that MU was talking to him the next day indicates they had already done due diligence on him.

As far as next year, as much as I'd love the Jalen Suggs/Nimari Burnett/Jalen Johnson/Jamari Sibley/Dawson Garcia class, I'm not counting on anything.

If Skogman is healthy (he had a heart attack on the court 10 months ago) he has some great attributes. Size, shooting, rebounding, he's a legit prospect. He's an ideal redshirt candidate. Sit and strengthen, learn from Theo & Ed, then start contributing. I think the redshirt is underutilized & programs like Wisconsin, Gonzaga, & Villanova have shown how much value it can have. Here we've seen how much better Sacar got, saw Rowsey & Joey hit the ground running, & will get the chance to see how Elliott comes off it.

I agree about long term success, and unless you're Duke or Kentucky, that means having some guys that will likely contribute more as upperclassmen and provide value in practice while they learn this level. And worse case scenario, they transfer if they are out of their depth.

If you could guarantee me those above five names, it would be a different story, but my guess is we more likely land 2 or at most 3 of them. Stars are great, but you need program guys too.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #233 on: April 23, 2019, 05:14:50 PM »
I knew Skogman was getting high major interest before the Hausers left, & that MU was talking to him the next day indicates they had already done due diligence on him.

As far as next year, as much as I'd love the Jalen Suggs/Nimari Burnett/Jalen Johnson/Jamari Sibley/Dawson Garcia class, I'm not counting on anything.

If Skogman is healthy (he had a heart attack on the court 10 months ago) he has some great attributes. Size, shooting, rebounding, he's a legit prospect. He's an ideal redshirt candidate. Sit and strengthen, learn from Theo & Ed, then start contributing. I think the redshirt is underutilized & programs like Wisconsin, Gonzaga, & Villanova have shown how much value it can have. Here we've seen how much better Sacar got, saw Rowsey & Joey hit the ground running, & will get the chance to see how Elliott comes off it.

I agree about long term success, and unless you're Duke or Kentucky, that means having some guys that will likely contribute more as upperclassmen and provide value in practice while they learn this level. And worse case scenario, they transfer if they are out of their depth.

If you could guarantee me those above five names, it would be a different story, but my guess is we more likely land 2 or at most 3 of them. Stars are great, but you need program guys too.

Thanks for this outstanding post.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #234 on: April 23, 2019, 05:27:35 PM »
One other thought on Skogman...just because the offer wasn't there pre-Hauser doesn't mean it isn't worth it now. I think it's a safe assumption that most of our minutes for next year are spoken for by the 10 remaining scholarship players, which gives the staff even more freedom to use the last scholarships. If that means a grad transfer, a sit-out transfer, a 2020 reclassification, or a 2019 project, so be it.

If anything, the departure of the Hausers made a guy like Skogman a better option. Who knows, maybe the only thing separating Marquette from a Skogman offer was the thought of the Hausers returning & Torrence reclassifying.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #235 on: April 23, 2019, 06:10:03 PM »
Charlie Moore, KU guard transfers to DePaul

When he left California, he claimed it was to be closer to a sick relative. Lawrence was technically closer but still a flight away. I wonder if this move is for the same reason and if given the NCAA's new found leniency towards waivers, if he will be immediately eligible.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #236 on: April 23, 2019, 06:19:56 PM »
One avenue I hadn't thought of that MU could possibly explore(not sure what's out there, because I don't think there is a public list anywhere), is someone who de-committed somewhere for 2019 due to a Coaching change. My main concern is next year right now, and taking as few steps back as possible from the "top 10" status they would have had with the Hausers. 2020 will take care of itself. It's funny because we have gotten TONS of recruiting news lately about MU on 2020 kids, which is an oddity in the Wojo regime...and yet, there has been virtually NOTHING about next year and who they might be looking at(possibly a couple of "body" grad transfers") other than Skogman and interest in him, but again, as good as his upside may be, he does NOTHING for them this next year, which again is my concern right now.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #237 on: April 23, 2019, 06:30:47 PM »
11 days ago, it was widely believed there wasn't need or room for an impact recruit.  It was assumed a 5star guard was going to stay at prep school because there was no minutes to be had.  OF COURSE there was no chatter about 2019 recruits.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

muguru

• All American
« Reply #238 on: April 23, 2019, 06:42:42 PM »
11 days ago, it was widely believed there wasn't need or room for an impact recruit.  It was assumed a 5star guard was going to stay at prep school because there was no minutes to be had.  OF COURSE there was no chatter about 2019 recruits.

Then no...but my point is, there should be a sh*t ton of it now...should have been from that Monday the transfer was announced.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #239 on: April 23, 2019, 06:48:35 PM »
Starting about 80 yards back in this 100 yard dash.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #240 on: April 23, 2019, 06:56:17 PM »
Starting about 80 yards back in this 100 yard dash.

Not on Grad transfers, Blackshear is still out there, Juiston is still out there, there are others.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #241 on: April 23, 2019, 06:58:04 PM »
True, and we shall see how that plays out.   The best hope for an impact 2019 recruit is for Torrence to reclassify. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #242 on: April 23, 2019, 08:07:58 PM »
Pretty good looking kid playing HORSE at Neeskara this afternoon, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #243 on: April 23, 2019, 09:24:57 PM »
4ever

MKE Holy Grail of ball.

TheyWereCones

• Starter
« Reply #244 on: April 24, 2019, 02:55:37 AM »
Reading. In the sentence you reference, he says he still WANTS to play and play for two more years. The entire tone of the interview had a very bleak outlook, IMO.

For what it's worth, just throwing this out there but the way I read the "play and play two more years" was that he wants to play (this year) and play two more years.

Now, whether he can and be effective is a huge variable.  I think we'd all love to see him able to suit up.  Even if he can get 100 minutes this year, that could be really good for his morale and to set him up for the future if he can stay healthy.
Those could have been guests at her wedding.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #245 on: April 24, 2019, 07:21:07 AM »
When he left California, he claimed it was to be closer to a sick relative. Lawrence was technically closer but still a flight away. I wonder if this move is for the same reason and if given the NCAA's new found leniency towards waivers, if he will be immediately eligible.

The Blue Rats are already counting on it.

https://247sports.com/college/depaul/Article/DePaul-was-able-to-snag-local-transfer-Charlie-Moore-on-Monday-131419967/?fbclid=IwAR2ORv6UiW7CqY-e512csMHUqFdhFVzEb_LohuRuzvxPHzgQTD9Zg5nl1gI

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #246 on: April 24, 2019, 11:27:11 AM »
Mentioned in another thread, but add Akwasi Yeboah (6-6 SF, 16.7 ppg and 7.7 rpg at Stony Brook) to the list of grad transfers MU is talking to.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #247 on: April 24, 2019, 11:53:38 AM »
Mentioned in another thread, but add Akwasi Yeboah (6-6 SF, 16.7 ppg and 7.7 rpg at Stony Brook) to the list of grad transfers MU is talking to.

Athletic. Solid ball handler, who can attack the basket. Has had some really good games against strong teams (e.g. Providence, Michigan State, South Carolina).

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #248 on: April 24, 2019, 03:15:04 PM »

Yeboah and Demir are the exact kinds of guys I was hoping they'd pursue. They can just be 3 and D guys, not have to provide star minutes, and if they don't pan out they are likely 8th-10th guys anyway. If they are better than expected and push Brenden/Sacar/Cain for minutes, even better.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #249 on: April 24, 2019, 03:21:57 PM »
Yeboah and Demir are the exact kinds of guys I was hoping they'd pursue. They can just be 3 and D guys, not have to provide star minutes, and if they don't pan out they are likely 8th-10th guys anyway. If they are better than expected and push Brenden/Sacar/Cain for minutes, even better.

We've discussed at length in the other thread, but Yeboah seems like a much better fit for this team than Demir.  Demir looks slowfooted and is very poor on D.  Yeboah on the other hand, sign me up. 

feedback