[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Transfer List  (Read 67453 times)

Nukem2

• All American
Re: Transfer List
« Reply #175 on: April 23, 2019, 10:56:12 AM »
If we landed Demir, I would not expect him to be one of our top five players. He could be a valuable piece off the bench. If he outperforms, he could earn a starting spot.
That would be my takevof any grad transfer big MU might get.  Don’t think we’ll get any top names.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #176 on: April 23, 2019, 11:02:23 AM »
That would be my takevof any grad transfer big MU might get.  Don’t think we’ll get any top names.

Blackshear and RayJon Tucker would both be immediate starters and fill huge needs IMHO. Not sure if MU has any chance with either. At the moment, all other grad transfers either don't fit our most immediate needs (shooting forward) or would be bench players for us. There are also still grad transfers that haven't been revealed yet.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #177 on: April 23, 2019, 11:09:37 AM »
Blackshear and RayJon Tucker would both be immediate starters and fill huge needs IMHO. Not sure if MU has any chance with either. At the moment, all other grad transfers either don't fit our most immediate needs (shooting forward) or would be bench players for us. There are also still grad transfers that haven't been revealed yet.

Tucker is the one I'd most like. Blackshear is a massive impact player, but we seem to have the 5 covered and frankly I think he's as good as committed to Kentucky. A 6'7" wing that can stretch the floor would be perfect. Really not many others on the market that I even think could be expected to challenge for a starting role, at least not at a position of need.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #178 on: April 23, 2019, 11:14:16 AM »
If we go the graduate transfer route, I'm of course hoping we can find another impact player or two. Tough defenders, rebounders and post-up players are at the top of my wish list.

However, even if a grad transfer does nothing more than provide depth off the bench like Matt Heldt did, that's still valuable to the team. If you recall, Theo and Ed have a tendency to get into foul trouble. Then it'll be up to newcomers like Koby, Greg, Ike, Dexter and possibly Symir (along with improvement across the rest of the roster) to make up for Sam and Joey's production.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 11:44:27 AM by Marcus92 »
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

mujivitz06

• Team Captain
« Reply #179 on: April 23, 2019, 11:14:32 AM »
Isn't it university of Nebraska? And when he committed to us didn't he call it university of Marquette?

That was actually JuJuan Johnson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #180 on: April 23, 2019, 11:19:00 AM »

It was Duane (perhaps also Duane). 45-second mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQsue1iGing

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #181 on: April 23, 2019, 11:20:47 AM »

Why was a guy who went to Purdue talking about Marquette?

It's Jajuan Johnson that played for us
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #182 on: April 23, 2019, 11:27:40 AM »
Yeah, but did any of them think Marquette was in Michigan?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #183 on: April 23, 2019, 11:27:57 AM »
Yeah you need players to replace the Hauser's production.  But you aren't going to find them for next year.  So you add the depth you can.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

muguru

• All American
« Reply #184 on: April 23, 2019, 11:32:51 AM »
If they can't get grad transfers that are impact guys(starters for MU next year), whether you can "re use" the scholarship for 2020 or not, then I'm not interested in just adding "bodies" as grad transfers. At that point, I'd just rather play with what they have and use the schollies on traditional transfers(preferably ones with 3 years left).
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #185 on: April 23, 2019, 11:38:57 AM »
If they can't get grad transfers that are impact guys(starters for MU next year), whether you can "re use" the scholarship for 2020 or not, then I'm not interested in just adding "bodies" as grad transfers. At that point, I'd just rather play with what they have and use the schollies on traditional transfers(preferably ones with 3 years left).

Normally I would agree, but the problem is this team has no depth.  We have one freshman who wasn't really highly ranked and seems a bit of a project.  We have Ike who has been hurt and hardly can seem at this point like a reliable player. 

That means eight guys who have played somewhat significant minutes.  Sorry but they are just going to need more than that because at some point someone will be injured.

Here is how I would prefer filling the last three scholarships.

1. Symir reclass
2. Grad transfer, even if its the 7th or 8th guy in the rotation
3. Traditional transfer who doesn't become eligible until 2020-21

Maybe in lieu of #2 you throw a scholarship at Skogman to see what he can do.  But if you end up doing only two of the three above, it isn't the worst thing in the world.  But they need bodies.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Goose

• All American
« Reply #186 on: April 23, 2019, 11:51:02 AM »
Fluff

Again, think long term. If adding one body makes NC contenders, go for it. Otherwise, use those spots thinking about the future. Wojo got caught with his pants down, no need to double down and sign a stiff.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #187 on: April 23, 2019, 11:52:08 AM »
Yeah you need players to replace the Hauser's production.  But you aren't going to find them for next year.  So you add the depth you can.

I think you have to count on Koby, Greg, & development from other players being that replacement. You certainly won't have the same roster on paper that was there with the Hausers, but if this year is the benchmark, I'm not sure the talent is really that much less in 2020 than it was in 2019. It's different, for sure, but not necessarily less than.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #188 on: April 23, 2019, 11:54:58 AM »
Fluff

Again, think long term. If adding one body makes NC contenders, go for it. Otherwise, use those spots thinking about the future. Wojo got caught with his pants down, no need to double down and sign a stiff.

Again, adding a grad transfer - even a stiff - in no way impacts the class of 2020 and beyond. There's literally no reason to be against adding much-needed depth to the roster for next season via grad transfer, even if that depth is an 8th-10th man.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #189 on: April 23, 2019, 12:00:56 PM »
Fluff

I don’t think you should add people to add people beyond next year. But they simply may need bodies next year.

Unless you are talking about Skogman. Yeah he might end up a stiff. It just depends on if the staff thinks he has upside.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 12:03:46 PM by Fluffy Blue Monster »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #190 on: April 23, 2019, 12:07:49 PM »
Fluff

Yes, I am talking about the honorable mention all area player that our staff met with last night.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #191 on: April 23, 2019, 12:25:20 PM »
Fluff

Just because a guy isn’t going to lead us to immediate final 4 contenders doesn’t mean it a bad pick up. Grabbing guys for the sake of grabbing guys is one thing, but grabbing guys that can be depth prices in the front court would be very nice to have around.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #192 on: April 23, 2019, 12:27:53 PM »
Wojo got caught with his pants down, no need to double down and sign a stiff.
#badanologies

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #193 on: April 23, 2019, 01:13:00 PM »
Fluff

Yes, I am talking about the honorable mention all area player that our staff met with last night.

Who has a scholarship offer from the national runner up coached by everyone's new savior, Chris Beard.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #194 on: April 23, 2019, 01:19:19 PM »
Fluff

If you are NC runner up, you can take fliers. If Wojo had the boys at FF this year, I would give him the green light. If he would not have signed the Waukesha kid prior to Hausers leaving, he should pass today.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #195 on: April 23, 2019, 01:20:49 PM »
If Skogman is a stiff, someone should tell Chris Beard. He offered him before we did, and has a tendency to find 3-star recruits that have first round NBA talent. He may not be a first year starter, but he has 3-4 year upside.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #196 on: April 23, 2019, 01:22:20 PM »
Apparently only good coaches can take flyers on a guy like Skogman.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #197 on: April 23, 2019, 01:26:21 PM »
If he would not have signed the Waukesha kid prior to Hausers leaving, he should pass today

Disagree here. The team's needs have clearly changed. Worth at least a look now.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

Goose

• All American
« Reply #198 on: April 23, 2019, 01:29:52 PM »
Brew

Had you heard of the kid being MU radar prior to a week ago? You, and others, feel next years recruiting class is going to be a home run, so save the spot for next season. There is no need to rush into filling spots. This is what I was talking about when I said long term success is the ultimate goal.

Marcus
The kid will not play a second next year. Sign a player that can play, I'm all for it. To sign a kid that will not sniff the court is foolish.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #199 on: April 23, 2019, 01:33:22 PM »
Brew

Had you heard of the kid being MU radar prior to a week ago? You, and others, feel next years recruiting class is going to be a home run, so save the spot for next season. There is no need to rush into filling spots. This is what I was talking about when I said long term success is the ultimate goal.

Marcus
The kid will not play a second next year. Sign a player that can play, I'm all for it. To sign a kid that will not sniff the court is foolish.

He won't play a second next year?  On a team with only eight returning players with experience?  You know this how???

Regardless, with three scholarships available now, and two additional next year, Marquette can afford to take a flier on a guy the coaching staff believes has upside.  And if it doesn't work out, he can look elsewhere.

feedback