'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Markus  (Read 87061 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: Markus
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2019, 08:26:43 AM »
At this point he also may have enough credits to graduate, and—while he may return to college—it may be at a bigger school. 

I’m among those that think that—much like Fletch—his 5’11” is inflated by his hair.  As a ball handler and defender, he could definitely use the Euro leagues

There is no way Markus has enough credits to graduate. 
Have some patience, FFS.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2019, 08:27:50 AM »
 Why would you want Bailey to get more shots? He has troubles shooting now.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2019, 08:58:28 AM »
Nobody has touched this but that uninspired second half vs Murray St was awfully indicative of a group of kids who lacked belief in the plan they were being asked to execute. I watched so many teams battle back from big deficits the past couple of days. MU just surrendered. Huge indictment of Wojo.

There was little to no fight in that second half. A huge red flag.

Look at how it opened.... MU gives up three straight offensive rebounds, Murray St. dunk. Sam misses a shot, Murray St. comes right down, gets an easy lay-up. A clearly pissed Wojo calls a timeout 90 seconds out of halftime. It was game over right there.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2019, 09:07:44 AM »
There was little to no fight in that second half. A huge red flag.

Look at how it opened.... MU gives up three straight offensive rebounds, Murray St. dunk. Sam misses a shot, Murray St. comes right down, gets an easy lay-up. A clearly pissed Wojo calls a timeout 90 seconds out of halftime. It was game over right there.
Yep sadly he’d lost the attention of his team
No Finish Line

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2019, 09:25:17 AM »
At this point he also may have enough credits to graduate, and—while he may return to college—it may be at a bigger school. 

I’m among those that think that—much like Fletch—his 5’11” is inflated by his hair.  As a ball handler and defender, he could definitely use the Euro leagues

Markus May be able to graduate. I have no idea. But there is no chance he is going to grad transfer into a foreign situation. Markus has it great at MU - very unlikely that he’d have free reign at another school as a grad transfer. This talk is nonsense. It’s go pro or come back.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
  • "He's a great player, but an even better person."
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2019, 09:27:30 AM »
Markus declaring will be very beneficial for both parties . If he gets good feedback after the combine then he is off to a potential lucrative pro career. That is a good thing for MU and Wojo can sell that to future recruits.

If it doesn’t work out in the combine ,Markus comes back with a list of areas to improve.

Win win proposition for everyone.

Go for it Markus . You have zero down side declaring .
How dare you have a well stated, rational thought on scoop!
"Say hello to your mom for me." - Biff Tannen

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2019, 09:29:46 AM »
Markus May be able to graduate. I have no idea. But there is no chance he is going to grad transfer into a foreign situation. Markus has it great at MU - very unlikely that he’d have free reign at another school as a grad transfer. This talk is nonsense. It’s go pro or come back.

The guy that might be closer to grad transferring is Sacar, he redshirted and this is his fourth academic year.
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2019, 09:33:52 AM »
The guy that might be closer to grad transferring is Sacar, he redshirted and this is his fourth academic year.

Yah, that’s been established long ago.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2019, 09:39:27 AM »

I could see it, but would be disappointed. I think Sacar’s development has been one of the highlights of Wojo’s coaching. His ability to drive and hit a midrange jumper gives our offense a lot when Markus and Sam aren’t getting good looks.

He would be a big loss.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2019, 10:35:16 AM »
Can’t use Delgado as a example. He is a quality big who can help a team and has played this year, not a 5 11 point guard.  There are no examples of anyone of Markus size and non shooting weakness on a two way.  Wish him well and hope he ends up in that top tier league.  I guess they pay pretty good in that league, right?
Not comparing Markus to Delgado. Just using his circumstance as an undrafted  free agent that received a two way contract as a theoretical possibility.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 10:41:45 AM by Herman Cain »
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2019, 11:44:00 AM »
Don't F with Rick.  He was the absolute, absolute best.  No one looked out for other like Rick. No one.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Goose

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2019, 11:46:56 AM »
The Lens
As always, spot on.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2019, 12:01:26 PM »
FWIW, Heisy is taking a couple day Scoopcation, so don't expect a response.

He's clearly not himself and needs to take some time off for Arby's.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2019, 12:05:45 PM »

Beat me to it. Damn.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2019, 12:25:29 PM »
Howard is a great MU player but won’t be a legendary MU player without some team accomplishments.

Howard can absolutely dominate a game through his ability to score, but only when scoring efficiently.  He cannot dominate when he turns into a medium-percentage volume shooter because other aspects of his game are ordinary.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 12:28:29 PM by Badgerhater »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2019, 12:37:57 PM »

Beat me to it. Damn.

WE GOT MULTIPLE BANHAMMERS FLYING!

TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2019, 01:02:34 PM »
WE GOT MULTIPLE BANHAMMERS FLYING!

Our bonuses are based on Ban statistics.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2019, 01:09:53 PM »
Why would you want Bailey to get more shots? He has troubles shooting now.

You are going to see light years improvement in his shot next season.  The kid has one year under his belt after 2 solid years away from the game.  I expect a huge improvement in that part of his game and think he will go down as a very good MU player when all is said and done.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2019, 01:17:08 PM »
You are going to see light years improvement in his shot next season.  The kid has one year under his belt after 2 solid years away from the game.  I expect a huge improvement in that part of his game and think he will go down as a very good MU player when all is said and done.

I also agree with this. I think he could be one of those players who come back much better after an offseason and the rest of the league is asking "where the hell did that come from?"
TAMU

f/k/a humanlung

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2019, 02:52:10 PM »
Nobody has touched this but that uninspired second half vs Murray St was awfully indicative of a group of kids who lacked belief in the plan they were being asked to execute. I watched so many teams battle back from big deficits the past couple of days. MU just surrendered. Huge indictment of Wojo.

Very true.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2019, 02:55:52 PM »

Kind of reminds me how UVA gave up on Tony Bennett in the second half against UMBC last year hey? Looking back it’s now obvious why this season turned out to be such a disaster for them.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2019, 03:24:12 PM »

So thats a huge indictment of Wojo....does that mean all the times they did battle back from big deficits its a huge endorsement of Wojo?

Teams get blown out. It happens. I would advise against putting too much weight, positive or negative, on a single game outcome. We battled back from deficits more often than we collapsed.

I do think Wojo tried to get too cute with the defensive game plan. We haven't been a trapping team all season and trying to break it out in the postseason I don't think was the right move. Speaks to the dangers of trying something just to throw out a look that hasn't been scouted.
TAMU

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2019, 03:33:08 PM »
So thats a huge indictment of Wojo....does that mean all the times they did battle back from big deficits its a huge endorsement of Wojo?

Teams get blown out. It happens. I would advise against putting too much weight, positive or negative, on a single game outcome. We battled back from deficits more often than we collapsed.

I do think Wojo tried to get too cute with the defensive game plan. We haven't been a trapping team all season and trying to break it out in the postseason I don't think was the right move. Speaks to the dangers of trying something just to throw out a look that hasn't been scouted.
Wojo had this team competing really hard multiple times this year and deserves credit for that (which I freely gave him). That tourney loss, particularly in the second half was as much about a lack of effort as anything. That’s different than say getting shot out of the gym. They just gave up with their season on the line. He wasn’t getting through to them and they weren’t playing like they believed. That’s on him. It’s not necessarily symptomatic of a massive underlying issues but it’s not something I will ignore either.
No Finish Line

Goose

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2019, 03:36:36 PM »
Nickel
I agree completely. Multiple times this season I stated the boys showed toughness and applauded that. Biggest game of the year, not sure if I can say that, and it looked like they quit. Your point is not nitpicking or being negative, simply a fact. Coaches are paid to win in March and our team failed miserably.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2019, 03:46:40 PM »
It's pretty clear the team quit on The Woj.

The first half didn't end well but we were still in the fight. Marquette was dispirited and it showed.

When a leader stands in front of his crew he needs to know them, read them, then inspire them to greatness. I have no idea what The Woj said at halftime but Marquette came out flat.

That might happen in December but ought not to ever be a part of March. The team had everything to play for but came out with heads hanging.

We got our asses kicked by a mid major of slender accomplishment. And on the National Stage. Humiliation.