[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Markus  (Read 87060 times)

westcoastwarrior

• Starter
Re: Markus
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2019, 10:51:18 PM »
I would say Quinn Cook with Golden State Warriors and Tyus Jones with Timberwolves are less than their listed 6-1 height.  I have stood next to Quinn he more 5-11ish than 6-1ish.

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2019, 11:02:06 PM »
As you all remember, I broke the Vander news in 2013, much to Scoop's raucous calls of Bullsnit.

Well, I'm back again and i have news. Bad news for us scoopers:

Markus is gone to the draft.

Whether it's a good idea or bad idea, we've seen the last of Markus in Blue and Gold.

Do with this what you will. M2N

Why is this bad?  I believe this may keep Sam and Joey at MU

I do wish Markus the best if true.  He was a great representative of MU

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2019, 11:04:10 PM »

You’re speculating they’d leave if he stayed?
No Finish Line

Mods, Delete me please. 8/26/2020

• Team Captain
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2019, 11:09:46 PM »
These replies are amazing.... normally this kind of news would elicit chicken-little hot takes across the board, but now the consensus seems to be addition by subtraction similar to graduating Rowsey last year. 
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 11:18:18 PM by MUunderpants »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2019, 11:10:51 PM »

Lol.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2019, 11:15:14 PM »
You’re speculating they’d leave if he stayed?

I would say anything you hear would be  speculation because nobody here is sam, or Joey. 

just forwarding what I’ve heard from a brothers, uncles, sisters cousins, parents, who knows more than I 

jimmybutlerfanatic

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2019, 11:22:06 PM »
God speed Vander 2.0!

History repeats?

Better to get paid to ball somewhere I guess.

At least we don't get those damned 1 and done's!

What are the rules now anyway? Declare, go to camps, get feedback and can come back?

Hire an agent and you can't come back?

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2019, 11:24:16 PM »
I would say anything you hear would be  speculation because nobody here is sam, or Joey. 

just forwarding what I’ve heard from a brothers, uncles, sisters cousins, parents, who knows more than I
That’s quite interesting
No Finish Line

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2019, 11:25:43 PM »
That’s quite interesting

If by “interesting” you mean “total BS” you are onto something.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2019, 11:27:50 PM »
That’s quite interesting

Teenagers who are emotional after a long season of hard work, and dedication. I mean look at the fans on here who are also very upset. (Myself included)  I wouldn’t bet on them leaving, that’s all I will say.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2019, 11:28:01 PM »
I know what I know, and I know what I don’t know. That leaves a lot of things as possibilities whether believable or not.
No Finish Line

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2019, 11:32:21 PM »
Teenagers who are emotional after a long season of hard work, and dedication. I mean look at the fans on here who are also very upset. (Myself included)  I wouldn’t bet on them leaving, that’s all I will say.
I can imagine there was a lot of frustration and it would be natural for some fingers to be pointed. Never want to see that but they’re human and young.
No Finish Line

GoldenEagle323

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2019, 11:47:56 PM »
If he goes to the camps, we'll find out his real height lol

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2019, 12:50:08 AM »
Howard leaves. Marquette makes NIT in year 6. Wojo terminated. It all starts over...it’s all so clear now.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2019, 01:08:45 AM »
Howard leaves. Marquette makes NIT in year 6. Wojo terminated. It all starts over...it’s all so clear now.
As much as I bitch about this kid, this is a net negative.  25 puts off the board is a tough loss.  Not sure the Hausers can fill the void.  Markus needed to play within a system.  Wojo never gave him a system.  The future is uncertain if this is true.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2019, 01:17:01 AM »

Not total BS. Not entirely true, either.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2019, 01:47:40 AM »
If Markus leaves you have to read that as he’s done all he thinks he can do at Marquette. If he thinks his stock is higher now than it would be after another ranked season and a deep NCAA run next I’d say that a pretty big indictment that he doesn’t think Wojo can make that happen.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

AZMarqfan

• Starter
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2019, 02:36:06 AM »
At this point he also may have enough credits to graduate, and—while he may return to college—it may be at a bigger school. 

I’m among those that think that—much like Fletch—his 5’11” is inflated by his hair.  As a ball handler and defender, he could definitely use the Euro leagues

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2019, 03:13:40 AM »
Yeah....the Hausers aren't going anywhere. Nice try though.

As to Markus, of course he is going to declare. I would assume Sam does as well. Players get a free year to declare and return so as juniors they are in use it or lose it territory. I believe both will come back for their senior seasons. Sam I don't think is close to be drafting and Markus is probably a mid 2nd rounder at best. I think they will both get valuable feedback and hopefully they use that to push their games to new levels.

I could see a scenario where Markus decides that he's never going to be a first rounder so might as well get started making money now. If he does, best of luck to him.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2019, 04:51:47 AM »
As I said with Vander (because he couldn't shoot) I say with Markus (because he cannot pass or play defense) - he has no NBA shot AT ALL.

Definitely Markus could make $500k+ next year playing pro ball in Europe or China as an elite scorer, but as for NBA:
- Vander was taller, better defender, better PG skills (albeit limited in that area as well) and had a cup of tea
- Jerel was taller, MUCH better defender, better PG skills, and got 36 minutes in the NBA
- Rowsey is a good comp, but better PG skills - and headed off to the same type of Pro career Markus can have.  11ppg for a 2nd level Euro club.

I wish him luck if he goes.  If he stays, he needs to learn how to pass.  We might never find out how good the Hausers and others are as long as Markus is around... because they'll never get the ball enough to show us. 
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

muguru

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2019, 05:08:59 AM »
I don't know...maybe he goes, maybe he doesn't...but I guess it would seem weird to me that he goes, for many reasons, but he didn't even submit his name last year
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2019, 06:06:39 AM »
We'll see what happens. I think he and Sam both should've declared last year for the feedback. While losing Rowsey ended up a net positive because of the defensive improvement, losing Howard would be terrible for this team. He's a good enough defender in the system & irreplaceable offensive piece.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2019, 06:44:43 AM »
God speed Vander 2.0!
History repeats?

My thought exactly Brother Fanatic (and others).

I'm sure there was a lot of emotion, frustration and anger in our locker room following the Murray State debacle. I still believe we were the better team but candidly, the better team did not show up Thursday.

But there's a big difference between private talk of, "I'm going to the NBA/pro Europe" and actually doing it. For all of you who worry about this, how many times have you become angry and said things you don't really end up executing on?

A lot?

I actually hope Markus and Sam do declare for the draft, get an NBA scout evaluation, realize what they have to work on and come back. I suspect Coach Wojo feels the same way and probably will encourage them to do so.

In the unlikely event they do leave, I'm grateful for what they both have given us and I hope they light up the NBA or Pro Europe.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2019, 07:58:56 AM »
If Markus leaves you have to read that as he’s done all he thinks he can do at Marquette. If he thinks his stock is higher now than it would be after another ranked season and a deep NCAA run next I’d say that a pretty big indictment that he doesn’t think Wojo can make that happen.
Nobody has touched this but that uninspired second half vs Murray St was awfully indicative of a group of kids who lacked belief in the plan they were being asked to execute. I watched so many teams battle back from big deficits the past couple of days. MU just surrendered. Huge indictment of Wojo.
No Finish Line

Warrior1969

• Team Captain
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2019, 08:20:06 AM »
I am absolutely fine if Markus leaves.

ADD McEwen, Torrence, Akonno and Elliot.

Plus add a grad transfer, transfer ?

Of course the hausers, Anim, Morrow, Bailey get more shots and score a bit more.

Cannot stand the 28 shots a game type games from Howard!  Great scorer, maybe the best ever at MU but is not good at anything else.  Yes he won some games, but he also lost us some games.