Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Seton Hell  (Read 12050 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: Seton Hell
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2019, 11:30:53 PM »
I’m a big Wojo fan, but why didn’t we foul with 38 seconds left? Seton Hall had theee back ups in and Markus was getting to the line at will the last 2 minutes.  Why not continue the free throw shooting contest?

We played straight up D, got them to miss and didn't get the rebound.  Everything worked except the rebound part.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2019, 11:31:13 PM »
You guys are hysterical.    And wrong.    But rationality isn't a thing after a game like this.    So, vent away.

In what way was anything I pointed out wrong?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2019, 11:31:38 PM »
Second weekend would be an absolute miracle at this point.

And if we get there you will complain and bitch, but celebrate when we lose because of the great diehard fan you are.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2019, 11:32:03 PM »
That absolute stone from tooney at the end should be the last jump shot of his career. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2019, 11:32:10 PM »
Tower, this is spot on except for #7. You suggest MU got drawn into the scrum but I’d say it was the opposite—oddly enough it was Theo who exemplified that (calmly walking away after being pushed, trying to pull Sacad away, basically being a chill mofo). The team handled some real “injustices” like seasoned pros.

Sacar needed to walk away.     Yes, Theo was chill.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2019, 11:34:09 PM »
We played straight up D, got them to miss and didn't get the rebound.  Everything worked except the rebound part.

And even then it still almost worked.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2019, 11:34:39 PM »
You guys are hysterical.    And wrong.    But rationality isn't a thing after a game like this.    So, vent away.
I agree with you, I thought they competed their asses off with guys playing crunch time that aren't normally getting those minutes. I think we go sweet sixteen, we're ready to rumble.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2019, 11:34:47 PM »
I get that the refs were awful and the ejections bad luck etc. But my god this game really sucked the life out of me. This season has turned to a complete disaster at the blink of an eye. Its just sad. If they dont win one next week it may be the most disappointing years in a long time. Not blaming wojo. Not saying anything by holy f*ck guys.. this has been deflating. Seton hall can f their cocky asses.

+1 million.  I'm just so pissed and dead inside.   Suddenly a real Arby's season.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2019, 11:35:35 PM »
Not correct - mental toughness, swagger, grit is something this team lacks in the aggregate.  Whose fault that is?  I don't know.  Theo and Sacar have those qualities and they actually help the composure of the team in the long run.  Sacar did nothing wrong on the first or second technicals - he left himself at the mercy of the judge, jury, and executioner - the referee.  The wrong decision was made - what can you do?

TJ

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2019, 11:35:50 PM »
He wanted to defend and get the rebound. In the end what you want is the ball with the chance to win or tie. He got that.
in a tie game. In a game where you’re losing you want to extend the clock as much as possible. Especially when it’s been working so well recently. It was a bad decision.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2019, 11:35:55 PM »
That absolute stone from tooney at the end should be the last jump shot of his career.

Talk about hero ball. I think he'd been dreaming of that going in for some time.

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2019, 11:37:01 PM »
in a tie game. In a game where you’re losing you want to extend the clock as much as possible. Especially when it’s been working so well recently. It was a bad decision.

Well it worked. So...
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2019, 11:37:29 PM »

This is a really good point.  If Sacar has more control over his mouth and attitude, no techs, no ejection, MU wins.

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2019, 11:38:22 PM »
Not correct - mental toughness, swagger, grit is something this team lacks in the aggregate.  Whose fault that is?  I don't know.  Theo and Sacar have those qualities and they actually help the composure of the team in the long run.  Sacar did nothing wrong on the first or second technicals - he left himself at the mercy of the judge, jury, and executioner - the referee.  The wrong decision was made - what can you do?

Grit and toughness isn’t about getting involved in a fracas when you have a technical already. That was dumb. Grit and toughness is walking away so you can defend the rest of the game.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2019, 11:38:51 PM »
This is a really good point.  If Sacar has more control over his mouth and attitude, no techs, no ejection, MU wins.

I'm really more concerned with his first T. If he had just turned away from Powell and smiled to himself, we wouldn't have had to worry about the second T.

He should have walked away there too, but I don't think that one was deserved at all.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2019, 11:39:15 PM »
Talk about hero ball. I think he'd been dreaming of that going in for some time.
These are great takes - totally disappointing today and the entire season.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2019, 11:39:40 PM »
he did something wrong on the 2nd T - he got himself in an opposing players face when he had already been T’d up earlier in the game. Swagger and attitude are great the first time in a game, but he was basically asking to be thrown out there. 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2019, 11:40:13 PM »
I'm really more concerned with his first T. If he had just turned away from Powell and smiled to himself, we wouldn't have had to worry about the second T.

He should have walked away there too, but I don't think that one was deserved at all.

Personally, I don't think so. That felt like a double T situation no matter what

TJ

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2019, 11:40:27 PM »
Well it worked. So...
did we win? I must have missed it.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2019, 11:40:38 PM »
Grit and toughness isn’t about getting involved in a fracas when you have a technical already. That was dumb. Grit and toughness is walking away so you can defend the rest of the game.
There's a lot to be said for standing up for yourself and your team.  I don't like this cliched take.  You've been listening to too many B- color guys.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2019, 11:41:02 PM »
Very simple. We make our free throws we win the game. We blew it. But I’ll agree, the refs were horrendous.

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2019, 11:41:33 PM »
did we win? I must have missed it.

No. But we had the ball with a chance to win or tie. That’s exactly what you play for.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2019, 11:42:09 PM »
There's a lot to be said for standing up for yourself and your team.  I don't like this cliched take.  You've been listening to too many B- color guys.
So you're saying Sacar was standing up while watching the end of the game in the locker room?

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2019, 11:42:18 PM »
+1 million.  I'm just so pissed and dead inside.   Suddenly a real Arby's season.

Thought it was funny you plus one million’d this, but locked my Four Letter Words thread.

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2019, 11:42:58 PM »

“Standing up for your team” is the biggest cliche ever. He was in trouble and didn’t have the discipline to walk away. That’s a negative.

feedback