Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Seton Hell  (Read 12047 times)

TJ

• All American
Re: Seton Hell
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2019, 11:43:02 PM »
No. But we had the ball with a chance to win or tie. That’s exactly what you play for.
rofl... after we fouled them anyway! Dude, this is crazy.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2019, 11:44:33 PM »
1) Markus has to realize he cannot do it himself. Sam Hauser is every bit the free throw shooter (and probably would have been better tonight on the free throw line at T-time) and should have been set up for the final shot.

2) The refs were awful. As in Ohio State 1971 awful. But we had our chances and blew it.

3) Thought Wojo showed a lot of class in his presser afterward. Stayed away from the obvious questions about the refs and hinted about his feelings, but left the listener to realize what he felt.

4) May be better off with a few extra days off, but it would have been nice to won the conference.

5) Seton Hell is a bunch of thugs. Hoping Villanova takes it to them early and often. Crush them!

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2019, 11:45:20 PM »
1. We should have taken it inside every time when they were playing a lineup of 4 fouls almost across the board.
2. I wanted us to foul with 30-40 seconds left and keep extending the game, especially since Markus was getting whistles on every bump.
3. Sacar has to be smarter than to step up like that with a T already.

Those were the bad decisions. There was some bad execution, some bad luck, and some bad refereeing (sorry to get so extreme there), but those three decisions are what bother me.

Rest up, ice up, win two next week.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2019, 11:45:37 PM »
You guys are hysterical.    And wrong.    But rationality isn't a thing after a game like this.    So, vent away.

You're right. Everything went against us. Worst refs in years.

And we still had a chance to win.

But throw aside the refs, the offensive boards given up, the missed FTs - the story was Powell outplayed Marcus - of course Powell should not even have been in the game after he tried to hurt Sacar.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2019, 11:45:50 PM »
No. But we had the ball with a chance to win or tie. That’s exactly what you play for.
we were gaining on them with every possession and then decided when down 1 to shorten the game by three possessions and hope for a rebound we didn’t get. Then we ran out of time. It didn’t work.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 11:47:48 PM by TJ »

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2019, 11:46:29 PM »
We played straight up D, got them to miss and didn't get the rebound.  Everything worked except the rebound part.
You mean half of the second half posessions?
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2019, 11:46:38 PM »
we were gaining on them with every possession and then decided when down 1 to shorten the game by three possession and hope for a rebound we didn’t get instead. It didn’t work.

It did. But I’m done trying to get you to understand how wrong you are.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2019, 11:47:22 PM »
So you're saying Sacar was standing up while watching the end of the game in the locker room?
As I said - he left himself at the mercy of the judge, jury, and executioner.  The wrong decision was made.  He made it clear that this team doesn't take crap.  Quantifiable?  No.  But that attitude; knowing that you have that guy on your team; should make you wanna run through a brick wall.

Let's also remember the BET is not the end of our season.  The effects of his/Theo's actions have not been fully realized.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2019, 11:48:55 PM »
Not correct - mental toughness, swagger, grit is something this team lacks in the aggregate.  Whose fault that is?  I don't know.  Theo and Sacar have those qualities and they actually help the composure of the team in the long run.  Sacar did nothing wrong on the first or second technicals - he left himself at the mercy of the judge, jury, and executioner - the referee.  The wrong decision was made - what can you do?

Hus first tech, stupidly he got in powells face and taunted him after they called the flagrant on powell.  Might have cost us tge game. Stupid.  Then did it again

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2019, 11:49:14 PM »
we were gaining on them with every possession and then decided when down 1 to shorten the game by three possessions and hope for a rebound we didn’t get. Then we ran out of time. It didn’t work.

I actually agree with this. As it happened, I didn't like wojo giving the command to stop fouling

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2019, 11:49:19 PM »
MU was in the bonus with about 5 min left in the 1st half.  MU didn’t score in the last 3:52.  That is on Wojo. 

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2019, 11:50:07 PM »
Hus first tech, stupidly he got in powells face and taunted him after they called the flagrant on powell.  Might have cost us tge game. Stupid.  Then did it again
Wrong, cliched take.  I'll die on this hill - along with Sacar and Theo.

marquette09

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2019, 11:50:48 PM »
Well it worked. So...

I still don't think it was the right strategy.   I would rather be down 3 with 38 seconds left and extend the game then be down by 1 (or in this case 2) with 7.5 seconds left.    Just because it worked doesn't mean it was right.   

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2019, 11:51:05 PM »

In the locker room. Where you are useless. Good take.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2019, 11:52:33 PM »
So you are actually saying Sacar did more good standing in the locker room, ejected, than still playing if he'd kept his cool? Really?

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2019, 11:52:48 PM »
I really enjoy this team but they are simply not tough enuff.  How many times in tge last ten minutes did we not foul SH or give up an offensive rebound? Not very many times.
Just not tough enuff physically n then layed nothing but bricks at ft line, mentally.
Great leap forward this year but long way from champions.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2019, 11:53:48 PM »
Thought it was funny you plus one million’d this, but locked my Four Letter Words thread.

Honestly, that was more to keep it tidy.  We pay Scoop's hamsters by the new thread.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2019, 11:53:58 PM »
MU was in the bonus with about 5 min left in the 1st half.  MU didn’t score in the last 3:52.  That is on Wojo.
Is that the stretch with Markus, Joey, and Theo on the bench, Cain on the floor, and Bailey not hitting open shots?    Yeah.   Wojo. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2019, 11:54:58 PM »
Honestly, that was more to keep it tidy.  We pay Scoop's hamsters by the new thread.

I wasn’t mad at all, I honestly thought it was funny.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2019, 11:55:51 PM »
I get that the refs were awful and the ejections bad luck etc. But my god this game really sucked the life out of me. This season has turned to a complete disaster at the blink of an eye. Its just sad. If they dont win one next week it may be the most disappointing years in a long time. Not blaming wojo. Not saying anything by holy f*ck guys.. this has been deflating. Seton hall can f their cocky asses.
Ejections are not bad luck.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2019, 12:02:01 AM »
We lose our best individual defender. And our best interior defender/rim protector (and a top rebounder). Plus Markus was pretty severely limited by injury.

And we lost by 2 on the road while SH got to keep their best player on the floor (because he didn't receive the initial flagrant 2 he should have and then a flagrant + tech is not equivalent to 2 techs)

Weird reactions from fans.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2019, 12:11:00 AM »
I honestly can’t believe a flagrant 1 on its own combined with a technical on its own is not an ejection. It’s absurd.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2019, 12:17:02 AM »
Ejections are not bad luck.

Not getting ejected for throwing a deliberate elbow is definitely good luck.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2019, 12:21:27 AM »
You guys are hysterical.    And wrong.    But rationality isn't a thing after a game like this.    So, vent away.

Being irrational is so yesterday. (Actually, two days ago). 
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2019, 12:21:40 AM »
I really enjoy this team but they are simply not tough enuff.  How many times in tge last ten minutes did we not foul SH or give up an offensive rebound? Not very many times.
Just not tough enuff physically n then layed nothing but bricks at ft line, mentally.
Great leap forward this year but long way from champions.
Yep. Obviously the refs and bs double standard ejections were huge, but this team and particularly Markus wilted under the pressure. Again. For the 4th time in 5 games with the exception being a game that wasn’t close. Whatever poise and magic we had earlier this year in crunch time has disappeared 
No Finish Line