[Today at 09:22:20 PM]

NIL Future by PointWarrior
[Today at 09:03:13 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[Today at 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2019 Coaching Carousel  (Read 200727 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
Re: 2019 Coaching Carousel
« Reply #1000 on: May 14, 2019, 06:06:01 AM »
No way U of M hires Wojo. In fact, the word "Wojo" will never ever be mentioned inside the Fleming building.

Mark Schlissel is a gifted leader with a significant record of world-class accomplishment. He would never make such a pedestrian mistake.

Schlissel won’t make the hire and will let his AD make the hire. 
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #1001 on: May 14, 2019, 08:21:27 AM »
"Things are going great now, but I don't know how long it will last.  I've always said the bubble has to burst sometime.  Coaching is a funny profession.  The longer you stay, the closer you are to being fired.  I personally don't think I'll be coaching too much longer.  I've always said you leave nothing behind you, that it doesn't add up to anything.  I mean, can you imagine being in your fifties and still worrying if some cheerleader is pregnant?  I've always said that the ideal coach has a mother with money and a wife fully employed in a civil service job."

---  Al McGuire
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1002 on: May 14, 2019, 09:21:55 AM »
"Things are going great now, but I don't know how long it will last.  I've always said the bubble has to burst sometime.  Coaching is a funny profession.  The longer you stay, the closer you are to being fired.  I personally don't think I'll be coaching too much longer.  I've always said you leave nothing behind you, that it doesn't add up to anything.  I mean, can you imagine being in your fifties and still worrying if some cheerleader is pregnant?  I've always said that the ideal coach has a mother with money and a wife fully employed in a civil service job."

---  Al McGuire
70 is the new 50
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1003 on: May 14, 2019, 09:29:18 AM »

---  Al McGuire

Al was the best mouth I'd ever heard.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 10:13:09 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #1004 on: May 14, 2019, 09:52:10 AM »
Doc

On Al's FB page today was a quote about the FBI talking to him about three locations in town declared off limits and Al replied that he hangs out two them. Only Al could make light of a meeting with the FBI.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #1005 on: May 14, 2019, 10:09:59 AM »
No way U of M hires Wojo. In fact, the word "Wojo" will never ever be mentioned inside the Fleming building.

Mark Schlissel is a gifted leader with a significant record of world-class accomplishment. He would never make such a pedestrian mistake.
But wait...wait...Many here prefer and desire Coach Wojo, even though he caved down the stretch and mishandled the Hausergate affair.
How can you so callously speak of our coach in this way?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1006 on: May 14, 2019, 10:15:19 AM »
But wait...wait...Many here prefer and desire Coach Wojo, even though he caved down the stretch and mishandled the Hausergate affair.

Prefer Wojo to who? Beilein? I don't think there's a single person who thinks that.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1007 on: May 14, 2019, 10:34:01 AM »
Prefer Wojo to who? Beilein? I don't think there's a single person who thinks that.

Typical strawman argument.

"All the Wojo slurpers think he's better than Bennett and Few and Beilein put together!"

Said nobody ever, ever, ever.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #1008 on: May 14, 2019, 11:01:06 AM »
What average foreign colleges are you speaking about? Are you attempting to make me feel bad for going to get a master's at a damn good school?

Michigan thinking they can get Nova is ridiculous. Your constant unprovoked insults on here shows your character as a pathetic person with some deep seeded insecurities. I would imagine it doesn't stop here too, feel bad for your loved ones.

I only respond, never initiate. 

Some of us got tired of the hubris here. You are free to take shots at others but get pised off when you get some back? Typical.

So many Scoopers feel free to say whatever but feel ass hurt when their target retaliates. Grow the f#ck up.

The world is full of great unis. Yours ain't one of 'em.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 11:03:02 AM by Jon »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1009 on: May 14, 2019, 11:05:07 AM »

Some of us got tired of the hubris here. You are free to take shots at others but get pised off when you get some back? Typical.

So many Scoopers feel free to say whatever but feel ass hurt when their target retaliates. Grow the f#ck up.

But you're the biggest snowflake here.

Telling people to grow up surely won't resonate well.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #1010 on: May 14, 2019, 11:10:34 AM »
Doc

On Al's FB page today was a quote about the FBI talking to him about three locations in town declared off limits and Al replied that he hangs out two them. Only Al could make light of a meeting with the FBI.

The man was Joyce with a splash of Ginsburg and a Kerouac chaser. Pure poetry.

Goddamn but he was brilliant.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1011 on: May 14, 2019, 11:11:48 AM »
But you're the biggest snowflake here.

Telling people to grow up surely won't resonate well.

+1.

Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane, apparently.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #1012 on: May 14, 2019, 11:14:55 AM »
Schlissel won’t make the hire and will let his AD make the hire.

Of course Schlissel won't make the hire but he will approve it.

A great CEO let's his chef make the soup. But he samples it before it leaves the kitchen.

Crazy as it is, the head coaches of MBB and football are strategic hires at major universities. In many ways, these are far more crucial to a university's stature and reputation than the Dean of Letters, Arts, and Sciences.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #1013 on: May 14, 2019, 11:16:28 AM »

Willie

The odds of U of M hiring Wojo to replace Beilein is less likely than Harbaugh wearing an Ohio tee shirt.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #1014 on: May 14, 2019, 11:17:57 AM »
Bennett and Few and Beilein put together!"

Mike,

The Dodds "Put Them in a Blender" Thesis?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1015 on: May 14, 2019, 11:18:14 AM »
Willie

The odds of U of M hiring Wojo to replace Beilein is less likely than Harbaugh wearing an Ohio tee shirt.

T shirt or not, Harbaugh is owned by OSU.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1016 on: May 14, 2019, 11:22:00 AM »
Eyem a Vitamix dude. Blender r four pussays, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1017 on: May 14, 2019, 12:02:29 PM »

You've done plenty of initiating Keefe. Remind me again how many times you've been banned? Off the top of my head over the year I've seen you attack Brewcity, Tower, Wades, Chick, and Sultan all of which you've initiated. it's old and pathetic.

Exactly what shots did I take at you or Michigan? I said some of those names are ridiculous, you made it personal. That's initiating or in your egotistical thought process did you think I was calling everyone associated with Michigan ridiculous? If you're referring to the two times I called you out once for insulting Firefighters who are true heroes and once for needlessly attacking tower then yes I did that, weeks ago, in context as opposed to randomly attacking you as you returned.

I'm far from hurt, I honestly doubt you know anything about my university and am proud that I went to MU at a time when it was a heck of a lot harder than the era you were so stroke your ego about your fancy Prep HS and your UofM degree but I'm perfectly happy with my grad school choice. Is it elite? Nope far from, but you don't know anything about the education I'm finishing here or why I chose it.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 02:06:38 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1018 on: May 14, 2019, 12:41:42 PM »
Interesting names.

Like a few other Scoopers, I tend to think Michigan would stay in the family, but who knows how big a splash they want to make (and can afford to make)?

Beilein was from outside of the "family." Basketball doesn't have the same "it has to be a Michigan Man" delusion that football does (maybe since they aren't hanging on to their glory days that are long gone).

If they were to really stay within 'the family" with a qualified hire then Brian Dutcher would be the guy, but as we know that isn't going to happen considering his ties to the Ed Martin scandal.  Jordan was briefly an assistant there and didn't play there. Maybe Saddi Washington? Again though, he didn't play there.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #1019 on: May 14, 2019, 01:48:02 PM »
Not to commingle posts but Jon would pick his nose to show you his class ring.

Fluff i wouldnt worry about any slights on urs or any other university.  Ive met some of the biggest idiots and incapable people that one could ever imagine from the aupposedly greatest universities and some of the most intelligent and accomplished from community collges ans commuter schools.  University admissions is more socio-economic than truly ability based, so dont fear the snobbery of those born with silver spoons.  It may get them in the door but what do they ultimately do with it?? Thise that continue to refer to where they went to school usually havent done much since...
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1020 on: May 14, 2019, 01:51:56 PM »
You've done plenty of initiating Keefe. Remind me again how many times you've been banned? Off the top of my head over the year I've seen you attack Brewcity, Tower, Wades, Chick, and Sultan all of which you've initiated. it's old and pathetic.

Exactly what shots did I take at you or Michigan? I said some of those names are ridiculous, you made it personal. That's initiating or in your egotistical thought process did you think I was calling everyone associated with Michigan ridiculous? If you're referring to the two times I called you out once for insulting Firefighters who are true heroes and once for needlessly attacking tower then yes I did that, weeks ago, in context as opposed to randomly attacking you as you returned.

I'm far from hurt, I honestly doubt you know anything about my university and am proud that I went to MU at a time when it was a heck of a lot harder than the era you were so stroke your ego about your fancy Prep HS and your UofM degree but I'm perfectly happy with my school choice. Is it elite? Nope far from, but you don't know anything about the education I'm finishing here or why I chose it.

How dare you say MU was not hard back in the day! Many of us had to sit through Horton Roe!!!

Goose

• All American
« Reply #1021 on: May 14, 2019, 02:17:40 PM »
Sand Knit

You really bring very little to most conversations. Keep up the consistent work!

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1022 on: May 14, 2019, 02:23:31 PM »
Not to commingle posts but Jon would pick his nose to show you his class ring.

Fluff i wouldnt worry about any slights on urs or any other university.  Ive met some of the biggest idiots and incapable people that one could ever imagine from the aupposedly greatest universities and some of the most intelligent and accomplished from community collges ans commuter schools.  University admissions is more socio-economic than truly ability based, so dont fear the snobbery of those born with silver spoons.  It may get them in the door but what do they ultimately do with it?? Thise that continue to refer to where they went to school usually havent done much since...

Breaking out Ann Richards?

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1023 on: May 14, 2019, 02:59:31 PM »

I'm far from hurt, I honestly doubt you know anything about my university and am proud that I went to MU at a time when it was a heck of a lot harder than the era you were so stroke your ego about your fancy Prep HS and your UofM degree but I'm perfectly happy with my grad school choice. Is it elite? Nope far from, but you don't know anything about the education I'm finishing here or why I chose it.

Living on the east coast was fun. I used to ask Michigan grads "so how many Ivy's rejected to make you go to U of M?" They'd usually say that they only applied to every Ivy school because their moms made them, then start crying.  At least those who went to Wisconsin admitted it was because Madison was "an awesome party town" and didn't try to pretend they could have gone to an Ivy, NESCAC, Duke, Northwestern, UVA, Wash U, etc.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #1024 on: May 14, 2019, 03:10:50 PM »
Sand Knit

You really bring very little to most conversations. Keep up the consistent work!

Sorry if i touched a nerve, Im guessing ur an underacheiver ??
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

feedback