[Today at 03:15:40 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[Today at 03:02:03 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[Today at 12:50:35 PM]

MU Gear by Pepe Sylvia
[Today at 11:45:12 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Falcons (and Mercedes stadium events) cut food prices again  (Read 2046 times)

jesmu84

• All American

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Falcons (and Mercedes stadium events) cut food prices again
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 06:33:47 PM »
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26133607/cheaper-eats-falcons-home-again-cut-prices

This is crazy. Why can't this be done more places?

Seems like an easy win. You make up for margin with volume, goodwill and sales of other items (souvenirs, programs).

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 06:57:28 PM »
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26133607/cheaper-eats-falcons-home-again-cut-prices

This is crazy. Why can't this be done more places?

Because you have to hire more staff to cover the demand.  Not to mention you need more space to store and cook the product.  More machines, etc.

Stadiums don't want volume.  They want high margins.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 07:41:24 PM by Fluffy Blue Monster »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 07:45:07 PM »
Because you have to hire more staff to cover the demand.  Not to mention you need more space to store and cook the product.  More machines, etc.

Stadiums don't want volume.  They want high margins.

Aren't most vendors volunteer - so tax write off. And the ones walking the stands I believe are all considered contractors who buy their wears (ie beer, soda, cotton candy) and just keep whatever profits / tips they make. People overhead would be minimal here as you're not having to pay benefits.
But I like to throw handfuls...

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 07:50:36 PM »
No most are not volunteer. 

This is a complete PR move for the Falcons.  This isn't how you maximize profit.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 08:25:15 PM »
Atlanta United regularly draws 70k for soccer. They average 53000.  Concession prices is a bigfactor.   You can take your kids to multiple games without breaking the bank.

FWIW,  Seattle is the 2nd largest average attendance at 40k.  The league average is 21873.

And this is in atlanta, where Braves fans dont even show up for playoff games.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 08:38:02 PM »
Atlanta United regularly draws 70k for soccer. They average 53000.  Concession prices is a bigfactor.   You can take your kids to multiple games without breaking the bank.

FWIW,  Seattle is the 2nd largest average attendance at 40k.  The league average is 21873.

And this is in atlanta, where Braves fans dont even show up for playoff games.

Blank is building a lasting a brand and is getting a new generation of fans hooked on his product. That type of loyalty will be way more dividends than a $5 hot dog will today. Consumer experience often leads to larger returns than just trying to maximize your profits. Just look at Heinz Kraft for a company where maximizing profits drove great brands right into the ground.
But I like to throw handfuls...

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2019, 10:07:11 PM »
Blank is building a lasting a brand and is getting a new generation of fans hooked on his product. That type of loyalty will be way more dividends than a $5 hot dog will today. Consumer experience often leads to larger returns than just trying to maximize your profits. Just look at Heinz Kraft for a company where maximizing profits drove great brands right into the ground.

Maybe....soccer team has two very good years, including a title.  The first team that Atlanta calls their own from scratch.  Falcons are, but this is SEC country for football first. 

I will say at the Super Bowl I was amazed at the food prices and how cheap they were.  Will be interesting to see in down times (meaning the teams aren’t very good and the newness of the building wears off), will they keep it like this? 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2019, 08:08:16 AM »
Aren't most vendors volunteer - so tax write off. And the ones walking the stands I believe are all considered contractors who buy their wears (ie beer, soda, cotton candy) and just keep whatever profits / tips they make. People overhead would be minimal here as you're not having to pay benefits.

This is one of the most misused and misunderstood terms in the English language.

For a business, any allowable expense is a tax write-off.  Decide to pay all your popcorn vendors $75/hour?  Tax write-off.  Rip out the grass after every football game and put in brand new turf?  Tax write-off.

So exactly how is having volunteers (i.e., paying people nothing)  a tax writeoff?  Sure, the volunteers get to keep part of the proceeds for their charitable organization, but it's no different  than paying workers from a tax standpoint.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 08:33:22 AM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2019, 04:37:46 PM »
This is one of the most misused and misunderstood terms in the English language.

For a business, any allowable expense is a tax write-off.  Decide to pay all your popcorn vendors $75/hour?  Tax write-off.  Rip out the grass after every football game and put in brand new turf?  Tax write-off.

So exactly how is having volunteers (i.e., paying people nothing)  a tax writeoff?  Sure, the volunteers get to keep part of the proceeds for their charitable organization, but it's no different  than paying workers from a tax standpoint.

They know how it works, and they’re the ones writing it off!

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2019, 04:53:47 PM »

Yep - the concept of tax write-offs is about as misunderstood around here as the requirements of HIPAA.

I love the people who say that MU or Wojo can't comment on players' injuries "because of HIPAA." As a health law attorney with 25+ years' experience, I know they are wrong...but the myth persists.

The good thing is that those misunderstandings help keep people like you and me employed. 8-)

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2019, 09:06:22 PM »
Falcons ticket prices are above the league average.  Read last night Packers are raising their ticket prices for this season.  Chargers are the highest priced ticket in the NFL?  Never would have guessed.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/193595/average-ticket-price-in-the-nfl-by-team/
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2019, 09:12:49 AM »
Yep - the concept of tax write-offs is about as misunderstood around here as the requirements of HIPAA.

I love the people who say that MU or Wojo can't comment on players' injuries "because of HIPAA." As a health law attorney with 25+ years' experience, I know they are wrong...but the myth persists.

The good thing is that those misunderstandings help keep people like you and me employed. 8-)

I love the HIPAA excuse... it's multi-purpose, and people are dumb enough that I can use it anywhere.  It's also fun to through in a "Hippo" when talking about HIPAA just to keep people on their toes.

"Sorry, I can't allow the fire inspector into the building tomorrow... several doctors are going to be conducting a meeting, and well, you know, HIPAA violations and such." [Hangs up and places call to contractor to come change out the lights in the EXIT signs.]
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

feedback