[March 18, 2024, 11:12:52 PM]

A Basketball Renaissance 50 Years In The Making by DavidBoone2inchesTaller
[March 18, 2024, 10:25:35 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by JWags85
[March 18, 2024, 10:01:37 PM]

NIL legal update by GoldenEagles03
[March 18, 2024, 09:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Death  (Read 10057 times)

dgies9156

• All American
Re: Death
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2019, 08:15:22 PM »
98!  But I die right before Christmas.   :(

Been there done that.

Had a death in our family 12 days before Christmas this past year.

Not a good time for it.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2019, 08:33:50 PM »
85, two years longer than I want.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2019, 08:37:12 PM »
Dying at 73....I can live with that

Tell me that when you're my age (70)!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 10:03:31 PM by Lennys Tap »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2019, 08:45:12 PM »
Tell mr that when you're my age (70)!

Good point.  I’m 20 years your junior. My dad died at 62.  My mom’s dad died in his 60’s.  My dad’s dad died in early 70’s.

The genes are not favorable, but I hope they are for you and others.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2019, 10:07:03 PM »
Good point.  I’m 20 years your junior. My dad died at 62.  My mom’s dad died in his 60’s.  My dad’s dad died in early 70’s.

The genes are not favorable, but I hope they are for you and others.

My Dad's Dad died when he was 46. Genes are only a part of the equation and medical science has come a long way. Good luck!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2019, 10:17:35 PM »
Here's something so crazy (almost eerie) that it would seem impossible, but it's true:

My mom died in 1997 and my dad died the following year. Each was the exact same age at death: 79 years, 7 months, 8 days.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2019, 10:29:21 PM »
Any one heard from Guru?  I think he croaked Monday when MU slipped out of the Top 10.

Me? Next Tuesday. Damn opioids.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2019, 08:39:04 AM »
Here's something so crazy (almost eerie) that it would seem impossible, but it's true:

My mom died in 1997 and my dad died the following year. Each was the exact same age at death: 79 years, 7 months, 8 days.

That's nuts! .. because ..  My mom and dad both had that happen too, living exactly 67 years, 4 months, XX days.   

MU82

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2019, 08:41:03 AM »
That's nuts! .. because ..  My mom and dad both had that happen too, living exactly 67 years, 4 months, XX days.

In-freakin-credible, topper.

Grounds for a beer summit, if ever I heard one!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2019, 10:37:01 AM »
These same age posts remind me of those times ( I have had a few in my extended family)
......where a longtime married couple dies within days/weeks of the others death.

Its kind of romantic to see how they seem tied so closely together ....all through life...and we presume ...even after their nearly concurrent deaths
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2019, 11:58:18 AM »

Crap!  I am only 13 months older than Glow and I plan to live way longer than him, living it up on his sweet, sweet, life insurance money.
Have some patience, FFS.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2019, 01:02:03 PM »
Crap!  I am only 13 months older than Glow and I plan to live way longer than him, living it up on his sweet, sweet, life insurance money.

Even though the death clock says he should outlive you, amiright?

On that note, I wonder how many people actually get away with spousicide to collect the insurance money.  Not that she needed any disincentive from poisoning me slowly over time with antifreeze, but personally, I feel pretty safe since my wife paid for my life insurance policy long before she met me (when she received her juris doctorate).  That, and I cook all my own meals.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2019, 02:33:55 PM »
For giggles I changed the "normal" setting to one of the others.  On pessimistic it says I am dying in 6 months.  On Optimistic it says I am living into my late 90's.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2019, 04:47:57 PM »
For giggles I changed the "normal" setting to one of the others.  On pessimistic it says I am dying in 6 months.  On Optimistic it says I am living into my late 90's.

I got pretty much the same so I decided to be optimistic from now on, even though I know I'll probably muck it up.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2019, 05:27:56 PM »
My Dad's Dad died when he was 46. Genes are only a part of the equation and medical science has come a long way. Good luck!

Thank you kindly!

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2019, 05:30:12 PM »
These same age posts remind me of those times ( I have had a few in my extended family)
......where a longtime married couple dies within days/weeks of the others death.

Its kind of romantic to see how they seem tied so closely together ....all through life...and we presume ...even after their nearly concurrent deaths

Sometimes hours.

My wife’s uncle in West Bend died, his wife went 18 hours later.  It was surreal getting two calls in two days.  You almost had to do a “what...wait...what...she died too?”

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2019, 04:18:13 AM »
I had no idea so many of you guys and gals were so old.  It makes me think my 75+ is not that far outside the norm.
My freshman roommate,  senior roommate, best friend, MU sweetheart, but never my wife, all passed years ago.  That's probably why I stop by here from time to time for a drink and a few memories, sort of like the PIANO MAN.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2019, 07:54:27 AM »
I had no idea so many of you guys and gals were so old.  It makes me think my 75+ is not that far outside the norm.
My freshman roommate,  senior roommate, best friend, MU sweetheart, but never my wife, all passed years ago. 

Damn.  That's the most beef n cheddar thing ever posted on Scoop.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2019, 07:59:33 AM »

?-(

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2019, 02:15:50 PM »

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2019, 02:37:46 PM »
?-(

My suggestion is 1) more Arby's (unless Chick gets a job at said Arby's, in which case, eat more of the Arby's that Chick doesn't work at) and 2) start filtering everything Chick gives you to drink through activated carbon.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2019, 08:58:02 AM »
My suggestion is 1) more Arby's (unless Chick gets a job at said Arby's, in which case, eat more of the Arby's that Chick doesn't work at) and 2) start filtering everything Chick gives you to drink through activated carbon.

Solid advice. I'd add 3) Keep syrup of ipecac handy and 4) for extreme emergencies, build a Chick-proof emergency room in the basement, with medical staff on the ready.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2019, 07:27:02 PM »
Ludum habemus.