collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Classy move by Doc Rivers last night  (Read 1296 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Classy move by Doc Rivers last night
« on: February 26, 2019, 10:52:59 AM »
Nicely done by Doc...classy move in the game to take mic and do that for Dirk.  Wide praise of Doc today.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: Classy move by Doc Rivers last night
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 11:13:04 AM »

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 11:16:20 AM »
I still remember when the Bucks drafted Nowitzki then traded him for Tractor Traylor. Tractor was a beast for Michigan but anyone who followed Blue knew he was fat and slow and that he would eat himself out of the NBA.

The Bucks have had some real idiots running the store.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 11:47:14 AM »
I still remember when the Bucks drafted Nowitzki then traded him for Tractor Traylor. Tractor was a beast for Michigan but anyone who followed Blue knew he was fat and slow and that he would eat himself out of the NBA.

One of my bigger sports pet peeves. Dirk was never going to be a Buck. The trade was agreed to before the draft. Without the trade, the Mavs would have just taken Dirk at number 6. The big miss was not staying at 9 and taking Paul Pierce.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 01:21:34 PM »

That guy, also a beast...as you stated.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 01:53:44 PM »
I mean, Dirk hasn't announced he's retiring though.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Goose

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 04:15:26 PM »
No doubt that Doc is a first class guy. Hard not to be impressed by the timeout and the shoutout for Dirk.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 07:07:46 PM »
Interestin' dat he didn't do it four a fella Warrior doe, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"