[Today at 12:45:22 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Oldgym
[Today at 12:14:42 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Man do I love the Hausers  (Read 72644 times)

BM1090

• All American
Re: Man do I love the Hausers
« Reply #300 on: April 21, 2019, 01:22:20 PM »
A lot can change in a week. I am always a fan of getting new information and not relying on old information.

Meaning?

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #301 on: April 21, 2019, 01:23:10 PM »
wojo violated the trust of the hausers so much that the hausers would still be at marquette if markus was not, per a lunch with the hauser parents.

eff outta here. after 20 wins in 22 games the hausers wrote a petition and went behind their teammate’s back trying to get everyone else to sign it to get wojo to rein said player in at the very first loss. you wonder why the team folded down the stretch? thats one good way to guarantee the team falls apart thats for sure.

they quit because they “are winners” and just wanted to win and werent going to do that in this system, apparently. whats ironic is they are the ones that created the locker room divide that ended the winning they so long for. if it were their “broken trust in wojo,” markus being back wouldnt have changed a thing. as it turned out, it changed everything.

good riddance, quitters. hope you get the shots youre looking for elsewhere.
Hauser discontent AND late season fold were both byproducts of a coaches inability to rein in a player and manage the situation. Put another way Hauser discontent and late season fold were symptoms, Wojo's failure as a coach was cause.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #302 on: April 21, 2019, 01:27:23 PM »
He simply didn't cow to their wishes

Sounds like you thought the Hausers issued an ultimatum and the strong, resolute Wojo refused to budge from his principles.

And I am not getting into specifics with you of violations of trust, double speak, miscommunication, trite platitudes which has characterized Wojo's leadership.

The guy is in over his head and needs to go. The damage is severe and I don't see how he recovers.
This is my fear Keefe. If they keep Wojo another year we will have lost a year to rebuild. I was not a fire Wojo guy before the hauser incident, now I think the situation is too far gone to keep him.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #303 on: April 21, 2019, 01:29:45 PM »
Hairy

It is a waste of time of arguing with these guys. Anyone that thinks that Elliott and Cain are going to fill in the gaps, are not worth debating with. The mindset of Wojo/MU does no wrong is simply amazing to me.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #304 on: April 21, 2019, 01:38:47 PM »
Hairy

It is a waste of time of arguing with these guys. Anyone that thinks that Elliott and Cain are going to fill in the gaps, are not worth debating with. The mindset of Wojo/MU does no wrong is simply amazing to me.

I'll take "Things literally no one has said for $500, Alex."

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #305 on: April 21, 2019, 01:43:42 PM »
Hairy

I am no insider or claim to be a basketball savant, but the miss use of players,  late season swoon and current situation is plain as day to me. My only hope is somehow Woj can pick up the pieces and recover. I have no ill will toward wojo, his success is Marquette success. My common sense tells me this is a losing proposition with this guy.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #306 on: April 21, 2019, 01:50:24 PM »
Hairy

Goose

I think you're painting with too broad of a brush. I was livid when the rumors started circulating. Sam has easily been my favorite player, but Marquette moves on. For 2019-2020, it's not a stretch that some would rather have Markus instead of the Hausers. I was an antagonist of Joey's early on, so it's not revisionist history.

I believe the entire team had their opportunities to showcase. Markus, the All-American with transcendent shooting ability took center stage though.

This is still a very curious transaction of college basketball, but that's what it is, a transaction. Do I think MU is as good, no. I do think there's a potential to be very good. I expect defense to improve drastically, I expect the be able to run a transition offense (my #1 gripe about last season) and I expect that the 5 position will flourish. These three due to the Hauser departure could make next season interesting enough.

MU is going to have a different look, and I don't hate it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #307 on: April 21, 2019, 02:25:32 PM »

I think you're painting with too broad of a brush. I was livid when the rumors started circulating. Sam has easily been my favorite player, but Marquette moves on. For 2019-2020, it's not a stretch that some would rather have Markus instead of the Hausers. I was an antagonist of Joey's early on, so it's not revisionist history.

I believe the entire team had their opportunities to showcase. Markus, the All-American with transcendent shooting ability took center stage though.

This is still a very curious transaction of college basketball, but that's what it is, a transaction. Do I think MU is as good, no. I do think there's a potential to be very good. I expect defense to improve drastically, I expect the be able to run a transition offense (my #1 gripe about last season) and I expect that the 5 position will flourish. These three due to the Hauser departure could make next season interesting enough.

A very healthy attitude to take, PTM.

I am not happy with the way Wojo managed egos or this entire situation, and I am worried the program cannot recover under his watch.

However, he is still our coach, we still have an All-American player, we have some nice supporting players with potential to improve, and I'm still a Marquette fan. I will support our team, hope our recruiting continues to be good, and will cheer on our Warriors.

I happen to think that beats the alternative of screaming about how doomed we are and insisting that something that's simply not going to happen (Wojo being fired) must happen.

But hey, what do you and I know?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

🏀

• All American
« Reply #308 on: April 21, 2019, 02:41:47 PM »
A very healthy attitude to take, PTM.

I am not happy with the way Wojo managed egos or this entire situation, and I am worried the program cannot recover under his watch.

However, he is still our coach, we still have an All-American player, we have some nice supporting players with potential to improve, and I'm still a Marquette fan. I will support our team, hope our recruiting continues to be good, and will cheer on our Warriors.

I happen to think that beats the alternative of screaming about how doomed we are and insisting that something that's simply not going to happen (Wojo being fired) must happen.

But hey, what do you and I know?

I have a small suspicion that the 2020 recruiting class will show how Wojo recovers, for the better.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #309 on: April 21, 2019, 02:44:40 PM »
I have a small suspicion that the 2020 recruiting class will show how Wojo recovers, for the better.

Agree, that will tell a lot. If Wojo signs a few of these highly ranked players, the long-term effect of Hausershima will have been vastly overstated. If he flops on the recruiting trail in the wake of Hausergeddon, he will have to go for the good of the program.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #310 on: April 21, 2019, 03:17:03 PM »
wojo violated the trust of the hausers so much that the hausers would still be at marquette if markus was not, per a lunch with the hauser parents.

eff outta here. after 20 wins in 22 games the hausers wrote a petition and went behind their teammate’s back trying to get everyone else to sign it to get wojo to rein said player in at the very first loss. you wonder why the team folded down the stretch? thats one good way to guarantee the team falls apart thats for sure.

they quit because they “are winners” and just wanted to win and werent going to do that in this system, apparently. whats ironic is they are the ones that created the locker room divide that ended the winning they so long for. if it were their “broken trust in wojo,” markus being back wouldnt have changed a thing. as it turned out, it changed everything.

good riddance, quitters. hope you get the shots youre looking for elsewhere.

This is where I'm at. Can't wrap my head around it. All the fault/blame is with Wojo, per the majority of info on the board. But it was Markus decision to return that caused them to leave.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #311 on: April 21, 2019, 03:26:53 PM »
This is where I'm at. Can't wrap my head around it. All the fault/blame is with Wojo, per the majority of info on the board. But it was Markus decision to return that caused them to leave.

Well, the theory seems to be that the Hausers left because Markus was allowed to hog the ball and with him returning, they believed that would continue.
Allowing that to occur might make Wojo a bad coach. But how some have taken the leap to "violated their trust" is silly nonsense. And if the Hausers were willing to return had Markus exited, then it proves the "violated their trust" business specious.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #312 on: April 21, 2019, 04:19:35 PM »
I remember Markus bumping and yelling at Joey to shake him out of his funk.  Joe's play dropped off noticeably hurting the team

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #313 on: April 21, 2019, 04:24:12 PM »
Continued... it seemed like Markus was trying hard to win.  Joey was stumbling and bumbling on offense and defense. 

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #314 on: April 21, 2019, 04:38:14 PM »
I still question if Joey and Sam can really play at the same time. 2 average athletes that play below the rim. If Wojo can get lucky and find 1 tall average player,  can play Theo and Morrow at the same time.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #315 on: April 21, 2019, 04:54:22 PM »

Meaning?

+1. C'mon TAMU, enough with the cryptic Stan type statements. Share what you know.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 07:06:34 PM by Lennys Tap »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #316 on: April 21, 2019, 08:52:18 PM »
I still question if Joey and Sam can really play at the same time. 2 average athletes that play below the rim. If Wojo can get lucky and find 1 tall average player,  can play Theo and Morrow at the same time.

This is a very valid question.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #317 on: April 21, 2019, 09:16:02 PM »
This is a very valid question.
Both Sam and Joey are better athletes than Markus Howard. And doesn’t he play “below the rim?”

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #318 on: April 21, 2019, 09:19:54 PM »
Both Sam and Joey are better athletes than Markus Howard. And doesn’t he play “below the rim?”

wut? ive seen markus dunk about as many times as ive seen the hausers dunk combined, and the hausers have a foot on markus. and foot speed its not even close.

theres a difference between your power forward playing below the rim and your point guard playing below the rim.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #319 on: April 21, 2019, 09:48:30 PM »
Both Sam and Joey are better athletes than Markus Howard.

One of the sillier things I have read on Scoop.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #320 on: April 21, 2019, 10:03:12 PM »
One of the sillier things I have read on Scoop.

And that's saying something!

I could see somebody making the argument that Joey has a chance to be a better player than Markus someday. Joey is not a very good athlete now. Too slow, too much baby fat, maybe some lingering effect of his injury. I have long contended that Sam is a better athlete than he's given credit for, but I don't know how somebody would be able to show evidence that he's a better athlete than Markus.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #321 on: April 22, 2019, 12:14:47 AM »
Unfortunately, at least for me, I’m having a hard time seeing how the Hauser’s decision to transfer won’t negatively affect Markus’ legacy at MU. I hope in 12 months I feel differently about that. 

As for the Hauser’s, the destination they end up at is everything to me. If they go to MSU or Virginia, I can chalk it up to just a major Wojo F up and move on. If they go to the Badgers, then it’s still on Wojo for letting it get to that point but also F the Hauser’s. Any news about them would just be met with bitterness.

So, here’s hoping they don’t end up at Bucky because Sam in particular was probably my favorite player.

The Hausers’ decision to transfer will not and should not darken in any way Markus’s legacy at MU. As for the transfer affecting Markus’s production, I doubt it. Yes, defenders had to respect Sam and Joey as spot-up shooters, but their production was far more dependent on Markus than vice-versa. Just watch the games again. Note how many times help defenders had to commit to Howard while Sam got a mismatch or wide open shot. 

It should have never come to choosing between horses, but once the Stevens Point contingent made it about that, Thank Al McGuire himself that Wojo chose the right Derby horse. Markus is a once-in-a-lifetime talent with multiple arrows in the quiver. He regularly scores on double and triple teams where he is giving each defender sometimes a half foot in height. The Hausers are spot-up shooters (plus Sam’s admittedly craft array of moves) who do the opposite....score regularly 1on1 on smaller defenders.

Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #322 on: April 22, 2019, 12:30:42 AM »
Goose

Good work, PTM.
I read this Post while listening to Still by Geto Boys.
I just read/listened to the destruction of a narrative, that MU Hoops is in crisis.

#PC Load LETTER
#No Paper Jam
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #323 on: April 22, 2019, 06:16:15 AM »
Hausers will be terrific in Gard's system
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #324 on: April 22, 2019, 07:25:20 AM »
PTMs posts have definitely been level headed n refreshing
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.