'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Man do I love the Hausers  (Read 72633 times)

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
Re: Man do I love the Hausers
« Reply #275 on: April 20, 2019, 04:01:03 PM »
Then he (or his Mommy/Daddy) was too weak-minded to be a Warrior. Glad the wussy went elsewhere.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #276 on: April 20, 2019, 04:06:14 PM »
This is going to seem a little reducto ad absurdem, so I apologize in advance, but I would be careful with mindsets like this. In my past work, I have had to be the person who responds to a call because a college student hung themselves after being bullied online. I have had to attend a funeral of a different student who killed themselves after they had been repeatedly threatened and stalked online. I will never forget either of those experiences.

Now these students weren't killed because of cyberbullying. They had mental illnesses and the cyberbullying was a catalyst that exasperated those conditions. However, we often fall into the trap of thinking every one on the internet, including the players, the coaches, and our fellow scoopers are of sound mind and body. They are not. So if some one is hurt or offended by something someone says online, maybe they are wusses. Or maybe they are dealing with something that we don't know about. I'd just avoid being quick to judge.

Alright, I'm stepping off my soapbox now. Sorry.

Hmmm. You and I are usually pretty copacetic, but I dunno about this one. It's a fan chatroom. Fans say stoopid stuff. Steer clear of stoopid stuff if you don't want to see stoopid stuff.

But just to play along a little ... nobody here should have ever said, "Derrick is an offensive liability because he can't shoot," because Derrick might have read that and, if he suffered from depression, he might have killed himself?

Jeesh ... we'd better put Wojo on suicide watch!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #277 on: April 20, 2019, 05:16:42 PM »
Hmmm. You and I are usually pretty copacetic, but I dunno about this one. It's a fan chatroom. Fans say stoopid stuff. Steer clear of stoopid stuff if you don't want to see stoopid stuff.

But just to play along a little ... nobody here should have ever said, "Derrick is an offensive liability because he can't shoot," because Derrick might have read that and, if he suffered from depression, he might have killed himself?

Jeesh ... we'd better put Wojo on suicide watch!

And I didn't say that you should stop commenting on Derrick's shooting. What I said was, if Derrick made it known that he found those posts hurtful, I wouldn't be so quick to denounce him as a wussy not worthy of being on our team.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #278 on: April 20, 2019, 06:12:03 PM »
And I didn't say that you should stop commenting on Derrick's shooting. What I said was, if Derrick made it known that he found those posts hurtful, I wouldn't be so quick to denounce him as a wussy not worthy of being on our team.

i understand your concerns from your direct experiences.  i also have, as many here i'm sure as well, experienced some very unfortunate situations including suicides of loved ones regarding depression and instability.  BUT, to heed to every online instance of "hurtful" posts could end up being an online invite for either a form of censorship or an onslaught of more anonymous cyber-bullying.  both of which have no place on any board, much less ours. 

my hopes are that one who is suspect to "hurtful" situations has the necessary support controls available to him/her to either shield, censor or cope with day to day activities like say watching t.v., listening to the radio, etc etc.  unfortunately, we cannot protect everyone from everything

regarding the hausers-they had to have been waiting for the markus response-staying or going.  the timing of their announcement is very telling unless their intentions to transfer were already in motion.  if markus goes pro, then rescinds, do the hausers still go?  or was markus status on the team a non-factor?  this is important for obvious reasons;  markus vs wojo.  i'm leaning wojo as i believe there have been others who have thought(or are thinking) about transfering as well...but wait...were the others who may have been thinking about transferring, thinking it was about the hausers, markus or wojo or some combination thereof .   what a pile of shnit we have here 
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #279 on: April 20, 2019, 07:15:40 PM »

I could argue round and round on this like a few fellow Scoopers we know, but I won't. You get the last word on this topic (till next time it comes up).

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #280 on: April 20, 2019, 09:59:50 PM »
too lazy to look up where he did go, but where ever it was, i'm sure their message board was named kumbaya and filled love love love

It actually wasn’t due to negative things said, but rather people leaking private information.

Other coaches have blamed message boards for losing recruits. I know ND lost a big time FB PSA because of racially tinged comments.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #281 on: April 20, 2019, 10:27:02 PM »
It actually wasn’t due to negative things said, but rather people leaking private information.

So we had one example of one player not becoming a Warrior due to something said on Scoop ... and it turns out he chose not to become a Warrior for some other reason.

Nice.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #282 on: April 21, 2019, 10:32:27 AM »
It still seems like a bad April's joke that the Hausers quit Marquette.  I was a huge backer of Sam's for 3 years.  He could have finished out as one of our greatest all time Warriors. Instead he will be k own as a quitter. Joey is also a "quitter." He quit on his high school team and now his college team. In my mind they will always be "quitters." It's sad. I wish it wasn't so. 

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #283 on: April 21, 2019, 10:53:59 AM »
It still seems like a bad April's joke that the Hausers quit Marquette.  I was a huge backer of Sam's for 3 years.  He could have finished out as one of our greatest all time Warriors. Instead he will be k own as a quitter. Joey is also a "quitter." He quit on his high school team and now his college team. In my mind they will always be "quitters." It's sad. I wish it wasn't so.

Joey was a quitter because he had a broken ankle and chose to attend college early. Where the hell are your priorities.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #284 on: April 21, 2019, 11:44:24 AM »
Disagree. They should not be labeled as quitters. If that were so, everyone who left one place for another would be  a quitter. That makes up about 95% of the free world, including Markus who left AZ to go to high school in NV, as.well as when he reclassified, and Wojo who left Duke to come here.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #285 on: April 21, 2019, 11:46:27 AM »
I’ll never consider the Hausers “quitters”. I’ll consider them two kids who decided to get out of what they viewed as a bad situation under a coach who’d violated their trust
No Finish Line

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #286 on: April 21, 2019, 11:52:53 AM »
I’ll never consider the Hausers “quitters”. I’ll consider them two kids who decided to get out of what they viewed as a bad situation under a coach who’d violated their trust

That's exactly correct. The atmosphere at Marquette is toxic and it is entirely of Wojo's doing.

And these young men made that decision after extreme deliberation because it was the single biggest decision they have made thus far in life.

This will pale compared with others they will have to make but for now it is the single biggest call yet.

To label them as quitters is both ill-informed and specious.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #287 on: April 21, 2019, 12:11:30 PM »
How did Wojo violate their trust?  And how is the atmosphere at Marquette toxic?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #288 on: April 21, 2019, 12:12:50 PM »

Quitters, etc., is overly harsh and unnecessary.
But so is nonsense about a coach "violating their trust." Even if you believe every rumor we've read here, Wojo in no way violated their trust. He simply didn't cow to their wishes. Big f'in difference and any effort to paint it as such is asinine.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #289 on: April 21, 2019, 12:20:56 PM »
Quitters, etc., is overly harsh and unnecessary.
But so is nonsense about a coach "violating their trust." Even if you believe every rumor we've read here, Wojo in no way violated their trust. He simply didn't cow to their wishes. Big f'in difference and any effort to paint it as such is asinine.

You are wrong.

The stories coming out of the locker room are not rumors. It is fact.

And the Hausers did not issue an ultimatum.

The program is in a very very desperate place right now. Believe it or don't. Either way it doesn't alter the fact that the MBB locker room is toxic.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #290 on: April 21, 2019, 12:22:18 PM »
You are wrong.

The stories coming out of the locker room are not rumors. It is fact.

And the Hausers did not issue an ultimatum.

The program is in a very very desperate place right now. Believe it or don't. Either way it doesn't alter the fact that the MBB locker room is toxic.

I'll note that you both put words in my mouth (who said anything about an ultimatum?) and failed to answer the question about how the Hausers' trust was violated.
Well done.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #291 on: April 21, 2019, 12:32:07 PM »
Unfortunately, at least for me, I’m having a hard time seeing how the Hauser’s decision to transfer won’t negatively affect Markus’ legacy at MU. I hope in 12 months I feel differently about that. 

As for the Hauser’s, the destination they end up at is everything to me. If they go to MSU or Virginia, I can chalk it up to just a major Wojo F up and move on. If they go to the Badgers, then it’s still on Wojo for letting it get to that point but also F the Hauser’s. Any news about them would just be met with bitterness.

So, here’s hoping they don’t end up at Bucky because Sam in particular was probably my favorite player.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #292 on: April 21, 2019, 12:33:47 PM »
I'll note that you both put words in my mouth (who said anything about an ultimatum?) and failed to answer the question about how the Hausers' trust was violated.
Well done.

He simply didn't cow to their wishes

Sounds like you thought the Hausers issued an ultimatum and the strong, resolute Wojo refused to budge from his principles.

And I am not getting into specifics with you of violations of trust, double speak, miscommunication, trite platitudes which has characterized Wojo's leadership.

The guy is in over his head and needs to go. The damage is severe and I don't see how he recovers.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #293 on: April 21, 2019, 12:39:37 PM »
He simply didn't cow to their wishes

Sounds like you thought the Hausers issued an ultimatum and the strong, resolute Wojo refused to budge from his principles.

No, if I thought the Hausers had issued an ultimatum, I'd have used the word ultimatum. Or perhaps demand.  Maybe even insistence.
I chose the word "wishes" because it is not at all like demand or ultimatum. A fan of Roget's work such as yourself should know the difference.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #294 on: April 21, 2019, 12:48:21 PM »
Unfortunately, at least for me, I’m having a hard time seeing how the Hauser’s decision to transfer won’t negatively affect Markus’ legacy at MU. I hope in 12 months I feel differently about that. 

As for the Hauser’s, the destination they end up at is everything to me. If they go to MSU or Virginia, I can chalk it up to just a major Wojo F up and move on. If they go to the Badgers, then it’s still on Wojo for letting it get to that point but also F the Hauser’s. Any news about them would just be met with bitterness.

So, here’s hoping they don’t end up at Bucky because Sam in particular was probably my favorite player.

What happens if MSU and Tony don't have room or don't want the Hauser family? Wisconsin ends up being their only destination, which from what I've heard is their safety net.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #295 on: April 21, 2019, 12:53:03 PM »
PTM

There is room for them at any program in the country, with exception of the Wojo led Warriors.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #296 on: April 21, 2019, 12:58:19 PM »
wojo violated the trust of the hausers so much that the hausers would still be at marquette if markus was not, per a lunch with the hauser parents.

eff outta here. after 20 wins in 22 games the hausers wrote a petition and went behind their teammate’s back trying to get everyone else to sign it to get wojo to rein said player in at the very first loss. you wonder why the team folded down the stretch? thats one good way to guarantee the team falls apart thats for sure.

they quit because they “are winners” and just wanted to win and werent going to do that in this system, apparently. whats ironic is they are the ones that created the locker room divide that ended the winning they so long for. if it were their “broken trust in wojo,” markus being back wouldnt have changed a thing. as it turned out, it changed everything.

good riddance, quitters. hope you get the shots youre looking for elsewhere.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 01:01:16 PM by WithoutBias »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #297 on: April 21, 2019, 01:04:51 PM »
wojo violated the trust of the hausers so much that the hausers would still be at marquette if markus was not, per a lunch with the hauser parents.

eff outta here. after 20 wins in 22 games the hausers wrote a petition and went behind their teammate’s back trying to get everyone else to sign it to get wojo to rein said player in at the very first loss. you wonder why the team folded down the stretch? thats one good way to guarantee the team falls apart thats for sure.

they quit because they “are winners” and just wanted to win and werent going to do that in this system, apparently. whats ironic is they are the ones that created the locker room divide that ended the winning they so long for. if it were their “broken trust in wojo,” markus being back wouldnt have changed a thing. as it turned out, it changed everything.

good riddance, quitters. hope you get the shots youre looking for elsewhere.

was it your lunch with them or secondhand? just curious
Maigh Eo for Sam

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #298 on: April 21, 2019, 01:07:08 PM »
And I am not getting into specifics with you of violations of trust, double speak, miscommunication, trite platitudes which has characterized Wojo's leadership.

But if you did, and had actual sources, we might be more inclined to believe you.  But you're passing on 3rd party "stories", like a freaking game of telephone and passing it on like you have first hand knowledge. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #299 on: April 21, 2019, 01:09:59 PM »
A lot can change in a week. I am always a fan of getting new information and not relying on old information.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.