[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Oldgym
[Today at 12:14:42 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by BrewCity83
[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Man do I love the Hausers  (Read 72643 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Man do I love the Hausers
« Reply #150 on: February 09, 2019, 05:59:05 PM »
Wow—-you guys sure know how to ruin a decent thread.

Yup. This took a bizarre turn.

Man do I love the Hausers.

Me too.

And I love Markus Howard too!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Goose

• All American
« Reply #151 on: February 09, 2019, 05:59:37 PM »
I really love the Hausers!!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #152 on: February 09, 2019, 06:00:00 PM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #153 on: February 09, 2019, 06:00:49 PM »
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #154 on: February 09, 2019, 06:15:51 PM »
Go H-Bombs!

We are ... Marquette!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #155 on: February 10, 2019, 05:52:20 PM »
I just want to throw in that we wound up at the same place as the Hauser and their family (and Cam and his family) after the game and those guys all could not have been nicer to the fans.  And the fans were good too.  5 minutes of cheering, pictures and chants, and then everyone left them alone.  Even took a photo with Ms. Lloyd Jr. in her Nova gear (with a bit of good natured ribbing).

Goose

• All American
« Reply #156 on: February 10, 2019, 06:22:49 PM »
Legs

They are a great family. Cam and his gang are awesome as well. Loved the picture of your daughter with the boys.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #157 on: February 11, 2019, 01:56:52 PM »
Thanks, Goose--sorry they wouldn't let us go upstairs at Buck's.  If Chili would have been downstairs with me, we could have bum-rushed the bouncers.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #158 on: February 11, 2019, 02:03:33 PM »
Legs

No doubt Real could bum-rush the bouncers. Not sure how much help I would have been. Hopefully we can meet at the FF!!

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #159 on: February 11, 2019, 02:21:54 PM »
Thanks, Goose--sorry they wouldn't let us go upstairs at Buck's.  If Chili would have been downstairs with me, we could have bum-rushed the bouncers.

Sorry I didn’t get the chance to meet you.  We were upstairs, I had no idea what RealChili’s real name wa so that was awkward to ask folks, but did see Goose at the bottom of the stairs.  Bouncer told me I came down off the stairs I couldn’t go back up where my group was (along with my stuff). 

We ended up at MKE Brewing after game which was a blast....nice place.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

onepost

• All American
« Reply #160 on: February 11, 2019, 03:10:31 PM »
Frankly, the total undying, uncritical-no-matter-what-they-do love for the Hausers and the relative lack of same for the guy who has absolutely carried this team could be looked at in racial terms.

I don't want to make it about that, though.

I honestly believe most Scoopers are above that. At least I hope so.

I know I'm a couple days late here.......but Jesus unnatural carnal knowledgeing Christ, THIS is officially the dumbest thing said on this board.

Banner week for Scoop.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #161 on: February 11, 2019, 03:13:23 PM »
I know I'm a couple days late here.......but Jesus unnatural carnal knowledgeing Christ, THIS is officially the dumbest thing said on this board.

Banner week for Scoop.

Mike loves to bring that into a number of his posts....just read them....agenda driven.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #162 on: February 11, 2019, 03:14:52 PM »
Mike loves to bring that into a number of his posts....just read them....agenda driven.
Dude, seriously?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #163 on: February 11, 2019, 03:19:28 PM »
Implicit bias is absolutely a thing. Do I think it played a role here? Personally, no. As someone else pointed out, there were plenty of people trashing Rowsey last season and Henry three seasons ago (actually Henry still gets trashed occasionally). I think fans have the tendency to rip their best player when the team isn't as successful as they would like...of course the team is never as successful as most fans would like...I also think that our board for whatever reason doesn't like score-first PGs.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #164 on: February 11, 2019, 03:29:30 PM »

Irony meter just exploded. 

In before the lock.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #165 on: February 11, 2019, 03:37:29 PM »
Implicit bias is absolutely a thing. Do I think it played a role here? Personally, no. As someone else pointed out, there were plenty of people trashing Rowsey last season and Henry three seasons ago (actually Henry still gets trashed occasionally). I think fans have the tendency to rip their best player when the team isn't as successful as they would like...of course the team is never as successful as most fans would like...I also think that our board for whatever reason doesn't like score-first PGs.

Rowsey wasn’t our best player tho
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #166 on: February 11, 2019, 03:37:46 PM »
Lack of self awareness revealed
No Finish Line

tower912

• All American
« Reply #167 on: February 11, 2019, 03:50:18 PM »
This thread is going to get shut down soon and deservedly so.   Mike was wrong and cheeks just keeps revealing  his character.

However, this dovetails with another thread about how the Hausers (may or may not be) are perceived by other coaches.  I am thrilled Bo messed up with Sam.  I am thrilled they play for Marquette.  But their play is not beyond approach.  Both struggle to beat their defender off the dribble.  Both have a slow jumpshot that can be easily crowded.  Neither has great lateral quickness.   Both show their frustration easily.  Joey is very prone to the dumb freshman pass.
   Both shoot well, handle the ball well and can exploit mismatches around the basket.  Both would be better with a pass first, penetrating PG.   Both work their butts off on defense.   Both have work to do to make the league.

I am a big fan of both.   Neither is above reproach.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 04:12:56 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #168 on: February 11, 2019, 04:02:24 PM »
However, this dovetails with another thread about the Hausers (may or may not be) ate perceived by other coaches.  I am thrilled Bo messed up with Sam.  I am thrilled they play for Marquette.  But their play is not beyond approach.  Both struggle to beat their defender off the dribble.  Both have a slow jumpshot that can be easily crowded.  Neither has great lateral quickness.   Both show their frustration easily.  Joey is very prone to the dumb freshman pass.    Both shoot well, handle the ball well and can exploit mismatches around the basket.  Both would be better with a pass first, penetrating PG.   Both work their butts off on defense.   Both have work to do to make the league.

Exactly right.  And the operative word with Joey is "freshman."  It's gotten a little easy to forget that he's just getting started.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #169 on: February 11, 2019, 04:11:06 PM »
Lack of self awareness revealed
Not lack of awareness, typical chicos, fully intentional.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #170 on: February 11, 2019, 04:40:27 PM »
Rowsey wasn’t our best player tho

Fair, but he was our best offensive player.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #171 on: February 11, 2019, 04:49:59 PM »
IBTL

And ND sucks.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #172 on: February 11, 2019, 06:09:09 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #173 on: February 11, 2019, 06:51:52 PM »
This thread is going to get shut down soon and deservedly so.   Mike was wrong and cheeks just keeps revealing  his character.

However, this dovetails with another thread about how the Hausers (may or may not be) are perceived by other coaches.  I am thrilled Bo messed up with Sam.  I am thrilled they play for Marquette.  But their play is not beyond approach.  Both struggle to beat their defender off the dribble.  Both have a slow jumpshot that can be easily crowded.  Neither has great lateral quickness.   Both show their frustration easily.  Joey is very prone to the dumb freshman pass.
   Both shoot well, handle the ball well and can exploit mismatches around the basket.  Both would be better with a pass first, penetrating PG.   Both work their butts off on defense.   Both have work to do to make the league.

I agree with all of this.

And if hoopaloop actually read this thread, he would have seen that I admitted I was over the top on what I had said.

He might try admitting a mistake occasionally, too, but that can't be easy for somebody who is certain that he knows everything about everything. Ners and Smuggles can't do it, either.

As for the subject, Markus definitely does get criticized on this board far more than either Hauser does. It must happen for the same reason some don't want to vote Markus SOTG even when he obviously is the only rational choice -- we have gotten so used to his greatness that we sometimes take it for granted; plus, the human tendency is to pick nits.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #174 on: February 11, 2019, 08:58:10 PM »
Joey is very prone to the dumb freshman pass

That shortcoming has not been limited to freshman on this year's team.