[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Mark-us down for a conference road win  (Read 7853 times)

MountainCreekHouse

• Starter
  • Danktatoes
Re: Mark-us down for a conference road win
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2019, 10:13:32 PM »
BB was unsung hero. He is going to be a player.

I have been wholly unimpressed by him all season, but man, he really showed what he was made of tonight.  When it mattered the most.  He could be a huge asset if he plays with that kind of confidence.
Farva:"Give me six Schlitzes."
O'Hagan: "Take it easy, Rod."
Farva: "Open bar, dude!"

whitykj

• Starter
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2019, 10:17:56 PM »
I have to say it but I was really impressed with how Georgetown played.  I can see them making a run and making the tournament. 

I am also beyond impressed of the character of these guys.  It isn't easy knowing you wont have your best player for the game, and being able to win on the road against a dangerous team.  Everyone stepped up and even though Sam had a huge night this truly feels like a team win.  Both teams played well enough to win, the difference it seems was the youth of Georgetown.  Now that these guys have the confidence that they can score without relying on Markus, It's just going to open up so much more so hopefully this team can reach its full potential.  Everything is falling into place nicely. 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 10:29:57 PM by whitykj »

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2019, 10:18:00 PM »
Win as a team, lose as a team.

Ed out, Markus goes down, JC struggling -- everybody else stepped up. Great road win in the conference. Amazing performance by Sam. Brendan shows his potential. Point guard by committee. Tough defense. Big rebounds. This team has guts and heart.

Another really nice write-up, Tower. It's the first thing I look for on Scoop postgame.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2019, 10:19:10 PM »
From an in-game coaching perspective, that's not a game for Patrick Ewing to add to his coaching reel.

Almost zero backcourt pressure
In the halfcourt, didnt extend his defense
Failed to get Govan a shot on the final possession

MU82

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2019, 10:19:39 PM »
I have to say it but I was really impressed with how Georgetown played.  I can see them making a run and making the tournament. 

I am also beyond impressed to the character of these guys.  It isn't easy knowing you wont have your best player for the game, and being able to win on the road against a dangerous team.  Everyone stepped up and even though Sam had a huge night this truly feels like a team win.  Both teams played well enough to win, the difference it seemed like was the youth of Georgetown.  Now that these guys have the confidence that they can score without relying on Markus, It's just going to open up so much more so hopefully this team can reach its full potential.  Everything is falling into place nicely.

Agree about Georgetown. They're too young, especially in the backcourt, to be a factor this season, but I like the talent of a lot of their players.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2019, 10:22:42 PM »
From an in-game coaching perspective, that's not a game for Patrick Ewing to add to his coaching reel.

Agreed, I thought Woj destroyed Ewing tonight. Pat seems in over his head with in game decisions.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2019, 10:24:04 PM »
There were 3 straight possessions near the end that would be kindly called chaotic.
D won this one.

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2019, 10:25:48 PM »
Shout out to Matt heldt. He always seems to have these games where he’s just clutch.  I love Matt and what he means to this team

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2019, 10:28:36 PM »

Agreed, I thought Patrick did a really poor job tonight. Couldn’t believe he didn’t pressure Marquette more, especially in the second half.
The guys handling the ball did very well today but I think we would have seen a lot more turnovers with pressure

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2019, 10:28:42 PM »

I think that last possession his freshman PG might have gone rogue
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2019, 10:33:24 PM »
I’ll be Debbie Downer for a split second. Chartouny was brutal tonight. I don’t know what that was, but luckily Woj and staff recognized it.

Yes, Georgetown went on runs each time he came in.  Much was caused by him.  I think his PT will continue to go down.
Solid thread title.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 10:36:00 PM by Mr. Sand-Knit »
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2019, 10:35:30 PM »
I think that last possession his freshman PG might have gone rogue

Likely. But with freshman guards, he should have in-bounded the ball directly to Govan.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2019, 10:37:15 PM »
1.  The team played like there was no edmorrow.     Cannot ask for a better effort.   
2.   THIS is why you build depth.  So much balance.   Honestly, possibly my favorite game of the year so far.   
3.   Theo John is a bad man.  He got the Hoya bigs in foul trouble.   Now stop committing cheap fouls.   And make some free throws.    Ners was right.   And so was everyone who predicted foul trouble.   
4.  I am whistling past the graveyard and believing this is just a short term thing for Markus.   If it isn't, then the redshirt has to be lifted off of GE.
5.   Wojo...'next man up.    Fire all of your bullets'     Damn demotivation.      And the whole team knew the whole play book.   
6.  Sam at the point.   Chartouny at the point.   Sacar at the point.    Token pressure, no problem.
7.   Sam stepped up and lead.   In so many ways.   SOTG.
8.   But who didn't step up?   Maybe we can still grumble about Chartouny and Cain?   
9.   There were definitely some combinations on the floor that no one would have predicted a few days ago.
10.  Brendan Bailey.   Welcome.   
11.   Jamal Cain should have played a few more minutes just to get Sam and Joey a couple minutes of rest during the course of the game.    Both were gassed down the stretch.
12.  Defense wins championships.   This MU team plays defense. 
13.   What does it all mean?    MU stepped up and played their ass off tonight without Markus.   Or Morrow.   There is depth and talent.    Character has been revealed.    The outcome is nearly irrelevant in the big picture.     Marquette Warriors took a huge step forward tonight.

Well done, Tower - all the salient points touched on.

Definitely my favorite game of the season - super performance from our road warriors! Now let's get healthy.

AlumKCof93

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2019, 10:37:23 PM »
Ewing is fun on the sideline - he tells his players what the fans are thinking.  I don’t know that he’ll be a great coach, but I’m rooting for him
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

Milkshakes

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2019, 10:41:54 PM »
Agree. Bailey grew up tonight. He has a long way to go but he can play defense and he has a sweet stroke. When he gets going in a year or so he could be good. Sam...stud. I don’t care what anyone says Sacar is vital to this team and watching him live he is a force throughout the game. Don’t understand the criticism of Joey. Yes he made some freshman moves but overall a solid game. So glad to see the team do want it did on the road.  Folks were saying this would be close or a loss with Marcus and Ed. Given how big GU is winning without our star AND Ed on the road seems just huge to me. Go MU!

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2019, 10:43:33 PM »
Agree. Bailey grew up tonight. He has a long way to go but he can play defense and he has a sweet stroke. When he gets going in a year or so he could be good. Sam...stud. I don’t care what anyone says Sacar is vital to this team and watching him live he is a force throughout the game. Don’t understand the criticism of Joey. Yes he made some freshman moves but overall a solid game. So glad to see the team do want it did on the road.  Folks were saying this would be close or a loss with Marcus and Ed. Given how big GU is winning without our star AND Ed on the road seems just huge to me. Go MU!

Sacar is the ultimate role player. Will step up when needed or play his role.

Wish that lay up fell at the end there
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2019, 10:47:27 PM »
Sacar is the ultimate role player. Will step up when needed or play his role.

Sacar reminds me of Lockett, the steady eddie for Buzz's E8 team, but IMHO Sacar is more athletic and more talented all-around. And his stats are better, too.

Even on a night when he didn't shoot well, he came up huge over and over again, and he even did a more than passable job at the point. He was a major reason we scored a big road win without the BEast MVP.

Which, in Sand-Knit's eyes, makes Sacar "not very good at all" and the "worst 2 in BE by far."

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2019, 10:50:52 PM »
Ewing is fun on the sideline - he tells his players what the fans are thinking.  I don’t know that he’ll be a great coach, but I’m rooting for him

Totally agree. This conference is cool

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2019, 10:52:37 PM »
That game did not have the look or feel of a win.  Incredible effort tonight by Sam and his surrounding cast.  I expect Brendan to be part of the rotation going forward. 

Theo was a beast, again!

I'm afraid the JCS experiment has failed, tonight was perhaps his last opportunity.  Too bad, I was very optimistic when we signed him, but it just isn't working out.  Without a backup point, Markus is even more vital to this team that he already was.  He needs to be healthy and will be playing 36 mins/game.

Cain is a very good defender, but his playing time won't increase until he can take care of the ball.  I see very little physical development from year one to year two with him.  He needs to tighten his handle and gain 25 lbs in the off season.

Wojo was great.

Gritty win!  Keeps us in the hunt for a BE title!

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2019, 10:54:25 PM »
Sacar reminds me of Lockett, the steady eddie for Buzz's E8 team, but IMHO Sacar is more athletic and more talented all-around. And his stats are better, too.

Even on a night when he didn't shoot well, he came up huge over and over again, and he even did a more than passable job at the point. He was a major reason we scored a big road win without the BEast MVP.

Which, in Sand-Knit's eyes, makes Sacar "not very good at all" and the "worst 2 in BE by far."

This was my favorite game of his career. Major versatility, and he was great attacking from the point. It almost seems like a natural position for him

GoldenEagle323

• Team Captain
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2019, 10:55:27 PM »
How about that reverse layup by sacar in the 2nd half??? crazy

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2019, 10:56:08 PM »
What happened to GURU? The little whiner was posting like a madman when he thought we were going to lose.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2019, 10:56:16 PM »
One other point, in the 10 minutes he played,  Matt made some key contributions. Great to have him when we need him.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2019, 10:57:10 PM »

It was the #10 play on SportsCenter. Shoulda been higher!

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2019, 10:58:05 PM »

Great hang time, great extension to finish

feedback