collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Congrats To Tim Tebow  (Read 9290 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: Congrats To Tim Tebow
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2019, 10:59:52 AM »
Revisionist history to fit a victim complex narrative? Not the Chicos I know!

Revisionist?  I provided plenty of examples to prove you wrong...again.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2019, 11:00:48 AM »
Yeah. It's hard to be a white, Christian male in America these days.  ::)

I thought you were leaving.  Things slow down in Indiana?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 11:13:57 AM by ZiggysFryBoy »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2019, 11:02:03 AM »
I thought you were leaving.  Things slow down in DaPier?

The pontiff of Scoop
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 10:19:22 AM by Cheeks »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2019, 11:08:34 AM »
Yes
Yes
Maybe.  How about we see how he performs...might be a good idea.  How many "experts" said he wouldn't succeed at rookie ball, and he did.  Or Single A, and he did.  The odds are stacked against him, but he has already proven some of the so called experts wrong.

“We’ve got guys who’ve been playing five, six, seven years not having the success he’s had at Double-A,” Harrisburg manager Matt LeCroy said. “A lot of people probably thought he could not do that and now he’s starting to thrive in Double-A.”

“To hold your own after being out of it for however long he had been, you got to give the guy credit,” New Hampshire manager John Schneider said. “Baseball is a hard thing and hitting is a really hard thing. To show improvement and hold his own here in Double-A is pretty impressive.”

But remember this.....

“His presence here is a farce, and he looks like an impostor pretending to have talent he does not possess,” ESPN’s baseball insider wrote.

“There’s no hope this thing turns around,” Fox Sports wrote. “Scouts - given no choice but to evaluate this out-of-place media member - have been turning in scathing reports about Tebow’s long swing, poor fielding, and bad pitch recognition.”

TDS is pretty strong with way too many.  https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/nfl/os-tim-tebow-hate-david-whitley-0630-20160629-column.html

"See how he performs".  He's played plenty of baseball.  The secret is out.  Again, I'm not going to engage in your pathetic attempts to turn this into a discrimination topic.  Sticking to baseball, thats a MAGNIFICENT cherry pick.  Two random minor league managers praise him in typical soft post game chatter, and you use that to say that what scouts and execs are saying is just media bias.

He batted .231 and .220 in Single A.  Under .200 in Rookie ball. Get out of our face with this proving the experts wrong.  He was horrific in spring training after hitting under .230 in Single A and they still promoted him to AA because its all a publicity stunt.  Can't wait for him to go 2-25 in spring training this year against real pitching and you praise him for exceeding expectations and doubling his hit total from last year.  Its professional sports, not Make a Wish.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2019, 11:12:05 AM »
Tebow is a kneeler, and crucified for it.  Thus the irony of your statement.

So you agree those who knelt during the anthem should have been treated with tolerance. Cool

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2019, 11:54:06 AM »
And there it is......I prefer not to pretend how hard or easy it is for anyone in this country, since everyone has their own unique circumstances.

I can talk about a white, male, Christian relative of mine fighting cancer at the moment as an example. But to each their own.

Haughty reductionist bullsh*t

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2019, 01:31:36 PM »
Point is that the experts said he wouldn’t get out of rookie ball, and a lot of the anti comments against him are because of his belief system....sadly.
As is a lot of the baseless cheering for him...sadly.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2019, 01:37:49 PM »
I can talk about a white, male, Christian relative of mine fighting cancer at the moment as an example. But to each their own.
The difficulties of having cancer have zero to do with one's race, gender, or religious beliefs.  Either you know this and still insist on making a dumb point for the sake of defending how tough it is to be a white, male, christian, or....well, no one could possibly be that stupid.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2019, 03:17:56 PM »
As is a lot of the baseless cheering for him...sadly.

Why is it baseless to root for what seems to be a genuinely good guy?  I couldn't care less about Tim Tebow, regardless of his athletic future I don't think he'll be eating in a soup kitchen any time soon.  I suppose if you mean baseless solely in terms of his baseball ability, you have a point.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2019, 03:32:04 PM »
And there it is......I prefer not to pretend how hard or easy it is for anyone in this country, since everyone has their own unique circumstances.

Jesus H. Christ  ::)
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2019, 03:43:41 PM »
Why is it baseless to root for what seems to be a genuinely good guy?  I couldn't care less about Tim Tebow, regardless of his athletic future I don't think he'll be eating in a soup kitchen any time soon.  I suppose if you mean baseless solely in terms of his baseball ability, you have a point.
Yes, based on his sports ability.  Those cheering for him aren't doing so because he manages to hit .225 in Double A ball.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2019, 06:00:24 PM »
So do you guys think he’ll finally get laid?

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2019, 06:05:46 PM »
So do you guys think he’ll finally get laid?

Pants half off and it’ll be over

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2019, 06:23:43 PM »
They can pray together for a while first.  That should set the mood.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2019, 07:38:14 PM »
The difficulties of having cancer have zero to do with one's race, gender, or religious beliefs.  Either you know this and still insist on making a dumb point for the sake of defending how tough it is to be a white, male, christian, or....well, no one could possibly be that stupid.

Every situation is different.  The pontiff made a claim it was easier, something that is false as every situation is different.  That is the point.  No one knows the situation each person has, which is why I brought it up.  In the situation I referenced, you wouldn't know this person has the disease, he is battling it every day, but doesn't show the outward signs.  Does he have advantages vs others? For some he does, for others he doesn't. Let's not pretend we know what everyone's advantages are.  It is curious how people slam some of us here for generalizations, and when we point out generalizations by some of you they are ignored as no big deal.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2019, 08:59:57 PM »
They can pray together for a while first.  That should set the mood.

you seem to be troubled over the fact that tim tebow prays a little bit...i highly doubt you would be this critical of him if he were of muslim faith as opposed to Christian.  shame on you ts.  as mentioned/asked above, what wrong has tim tebow himself committed to be scrutinized and/or mocked as such? i think most would agree the world would be a much better place if we had more like mr. tebow
don't...don't don't don't don't

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2019, 10:26:09 PM »
TDS is pretty strong with way too many. 

Are you just going off the deep end now that you have cultivated two Scoop personas for a while? (Complete with separate IP addresses in Bulgaria and Turkmenistan of course)

Assuming this is the sacrificial account.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2019, 07:11:19 AM »
Are you just going off the deep end now that you have cultivated two Scoop personas for a while? (Complete with separate IP addresses in Bulgaria and Turkmenistan of course)

so are you denying that there really is a "tebow derangement syndrome"(tds) or are you just hung up on a certain poster who seems to live rent free in your knoggin?  if ya can't argue the premise, attack the person? the ole-freeze-personalize-polarize m.o. eyn'a?
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2019, 09:39:15 AM »
 I think the Tebow derangement syndrome is approximately equal to the Kaepernick derangement syndrome and with about the same amount of merit.    Also says more about the sufferers of said syndrome than it does about either Tebow or Kaepernick. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2019, 09:57:00 AM »
Every situation is different.  The pontiff made a claim it was easier, something that is false as every situation is different.  That is the point.  No one knows the situation each person has, which is why I brought it up.  In the situation I referenced, you wouldn't know this person has the disease, he is battling it every day, but doesn't show the outward signs.  Does he have advantages vs others? For some he does, for others he doesn't. Let's not pretend we know what everyone's advantages are.  It is curious how people slam some of us here for generalizations, and when we point out generalizations by some of you they are ignored as no big deal.
Do you truly not understand the difference between a person who has an illness and the institutional biases and discrimination faced by non-whites and women?  Because while I have lots of opinions of you, Chicos, you being stupid isn't one of them.  But if you are somehow conflating cancer with race and gender I guess I'll have to rethink that.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2019, 09:58:06 AM »
I think the Tebow derangement syndrome is approximately equal to the Kaepernick derangement syndrome and with about the same amount of merit.    Also says more about the sufferers of said syndrome than it does about either Tebow or Kaepernick.

Well at least we got something intelligent out of this thread
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2019, 10:03:45 AM »
  you seem to be troubled over the fact that tim tebow prays a little bit...i highly doubt you would be this critical of him if he were of muslim faith as opposed to Christian.  shame on you ts. 
Once again, Boo Boo, you haven't a clue what you are talking about.  You/re very, very wrong...par for the course.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2019, 10:18:22 AM »

Nope.  One account.

The pontiff said that the media favorited him, totally ignoring the attacks and TDS that existed with so many not because of his play, because of what he believed.  Not cool to believe in God.....those same people willing to die on a hill however for someone to express their belief about police and others.  Interesting.

Comparisons to Kap?  I don’t recall any socks Tebow wore, maybe I missed that, but yes plenty of KDS out there, too.

I hope Tebow continues to progress in baseball, I wish him extreme joy in his marriage...Miss Universe is a beautiful woman and hopefully (more importantly a nice woman), and I hope he will one day receive the “tolerance” that we keep hearing about from people who preach tolerance.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2019, 11:14:54 AM »
Tebow is a kneeler, and crucified for it.  Thus the irony of your statement.

Crucified = a Heisman trophy, first-round draft pick, multiple chances to play pro football despite being bad at it, a hosting gig on ABC, a hosting gig on ESPN, a New York Times besteller and a professional contract in a sport he hadn't played in more than a decade.
He's for sure had a rough go of it.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2019, 11:54:39 AM »
Both sides, typical.

Good luck to Mr. Tebow in his marriage and career.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato