[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Congrats To Tim Tebow  (Read 9286 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Congrats To Tim Tebow
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2019, 04:38:55 PM »
Then you are interpreting incorrectly.

You wrote: "If he had different religious beliefs, he would be backed by the same people that slammed him."

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2019, 04:48:12 PM »
Then you are interpreting incorrectly.

You wrote: "If he had different religious beliefs, he would be backed by the same people that slammed him."

Correct.  If he had different religious beliefs, those bashing him wouldn't as they have shown to praise others for religious exercise that happened to be a different religion.  Exactly correct.  It appears the religious flavor is what mattered.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2019, 04:55:00 PM »
Correct.  If he had different religious beliefs, those bashing him wouldn't as they have shown to praise others for religious exercise that happened to be a different religion.  Exactly correct.  It appears the religious flavor is what mattered.

OK, so show me those who have bashed Tebow for his on-field religious expressions and praised the on-field religious expression of non-Christian athletes.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2019, 05:07:46 PM »
OK, so show me those who have bashed Tebow for his on-field religious expressions and praised the on-field religious expression of non-Christian athletes.

Wrong comparison.  Those that bashed Tebow for his PUBLIC religious expressions at work (which happen to be on the field), and those same people praising others for PUBLIC religious expressions at work that happen to be a different religion.   

That's the comparison.

Then let me know how Tebow was drafted in first round because of his beliefs. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2019, 05:13:23 PM »
Wrong comparison.
As if an NFL player in an NFL game is the exact same thing as a guy working behind the counter at Burger King.
You're trying to shift the goalposts. Poorly.
If you wish to back up what you said, have at it. Otherwise, don't both responding. I won't reply.

Then let me know how Tebow was drafted in first round because of his beliefs.
Nice try.
Nobody said this.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2019, 05:27:35 PM »
Crucified = a Heisman trophy, first-round draft pick, multiple chances to play pro football despite being bad at it, a hosting gig on ABC, a hosting gig on ESPN, a New York Times besteller and a professional contract in a sport he hadn't played in more than a decade.
He's for sure had a rough go of it.

He was bad at it?  He earned the Heisman.  Again, he got drafted in the first round because he was bad at football?  LOL.  Teams don't waste first round picks on players just cuz.  Please show us where he was drafted in the first round because of his religious beliefs or because he was just a good guy.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2019, 05:32:25 PM »
Nice try.
Nobody said this.

I said

"What are you talking about?  Are you saying there aren't those in media and elsewhere that slammed Tebow, but have done the exact opposite to others because they had a different belief system?  I just want to make sure I understand you correctly since that seems to be your claim and you say those examples are imaginary and a made up scenario?"

Plenty of examples of this.   I said belief system, nowhere did I say anything on the field, etc.  You're moving the goalposts as you often do.  Same media, ripping apart this guy because he has religious beliefs he put on display at work that they didn't like.  Others, with different religious beliefs, praised by same bashers.  Why? 

Why can't they both be praised?  Or both be bashed?  How about some consistency? 

theBabyDavid

• Scholarship Player
  • pretty stinkin' cute
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2019, 04:45:07 PM »
Cheeks,

Need some intel from LA.

More than two years ago, Lena Dunham, Barbra Streisand, Robert de Niro, Chloe Sevigny, Josh Gad, Raven Symone, and their fellow travelers declared their unshakeable resolve to move to Canada.

Any word on whether a caravan has formed up on Rodeo Drive where these Defenders of Truth will begin their Trail of Tears trek to the Peace Arch on the BC border?

I can hear Babs now belting out a mournful rendition of Papa, Can You Hear Me? as these principled Guardians of Truth, Justice, and the Real American Way scuff their Guccis enroute the Great White North.

I always wonder why it's Canada and not Mexico...   
"I don't care what Chick says, my mom's a babe" 

theBabyDavid

feedback