[Today at 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Opponents not looking great of late  (Read 90501 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Opponents not looking great of late
« Reply #550 on: February 27, 2019, 09:08:46 AM »
Wisconsin 2/8 from the FT line in 2OT...yiiiikes
Davison: 3 points in 43 minutes on 1-11 shooting. bwhahahha
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #551 on: February 27, 2019, 09:10:40 AM »
He was terrible last night.
The late airball was funny.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #552 on: February 27, 2019, 09:17:21 AM »

Maybe the best Davison related tweet ever: https://twitter.com/natemar3i0n/status/1100616472647426048?s=21
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

NickelDimer

• All American
No Finish Line

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #554 on: February 27, 2019, 09:37:42 AM »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #555 on: February 27, 2019, 11:55:14 AM »
Maybe the best Davison related tweet ever: https://twitter.com/natemar3i0n/status/1100616472647426048?s=21

Think that guy is a SPASH friend of the hausers.   Has some good stuff on the tweeter.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #556 on: February 27, 2019, 02:28:26 PM »
Lol Wisconsin 2/8 to start the 2 OT from the line.

Race Thompson who has no experience at the line isn't fouled by Happ because he doesnt want to foul out. Indiana keeps passing to waste time and eventually get an And1 lay up to go up 3.

Dude misses the free throw.

They foul Trice shooting 3.

Wisconsin lets langford do the most predictable drive ever

Great game!
I watched the second half and overtime after watching Providence take down Butler and a little of Va Tech and Duke.  The thing that struck me most is that in the VT/Duke game the players seemed just bigger than the other two games.  Don't know if it was camera angles or what.  Just looked like it was a game in the next league up.

At any rate, I wouldn't talk to much smack about IU-UW, since one of them waxed us on their court and we had to go to OT on our home floor to beat the other one.  It was an ugly game, though.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 02:58:32 PM by CTWarrior »
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

MUfanatic45

• Team Captain
« Reply #557 on: February 27, 2019, 02:59:02 PM »
I watched the second half and overtime after watching Providence take down Butler and a little of Va Tech and Duke.  The thing that struck me most is that the VT/Duke game they players seemed just bigger than the other two games.  Don't know if it was camera angles or what.  Just looked like it was a game in the next league up.

At any rate, I wouldn't talk to much smack about IU-UW, since one of them waxed us on their court and we had to go to OT on our home floor to beat the other one.  It was an ugly game, though.

We are 23-4 while they are 14-14 and 19-9 respectively.

I don't really worry about our 1 match up with both.

The game was comical. And neither team looks great in general.

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #558 on: February 27, 2019, 03:10:09 PM »
I watched the second half and overtime after watching Providence take down Butler and a little of Va Tech and Duke.  The thing that struck me most is that in the VT/Duke game the players seemed just bigger than the other two games.  Don't know if it was camera angles or what.  Just looked like it was a game in the next league up.

Duke is Duke, and they are generally in the next league up, so to speak. But outside of Zion (who didn't play), I don't find them very physically intimidating.

VT's team is big and strong and athletic. Fair amount of switchables out there. Wonder why. Buzz is an a-hole but he can recruit and he can coach. I for one do not want to see them in the tourney, for multiple reasons.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #559 on: February 27, 2019, 03:25:19 PM »
   "I wouldn't talk to much smack about IU-UW, since one of them waxed us on their court"

blind squirrels baby.  we learned from our loss, apparently they didn't learn from their win ;)
don't...don't don't don't don't

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #560 on: March 02, 2019, 12:56:56 PM »
Indiana seems to be turning it around. Just beat Michigan State at home.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #561 on: March 02, 2019, 01:36:12 PM »
Indiana seems to be turning it around. Just beat Michigan State at home.

that has got to drop michigan st to 10 and a 3/4 seed and move us up to solid 3 if not 2 as long as we win. 

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #562 on: March 02, 2019, 01:58:24 PM »
I'm watching the end of Bucky/Penn State.

Gard is going full Bo Ryan.  He is whining and screaming about every call that goes against him even if he has no basis for complaining.

Is he always like this or is he "more Bo" this game than others?
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #563 on: March 02, 2019, 01:59:20 PM »
that has got to drop michigan st to 10 and a 3/4 seed and move us up to solid 3 if not 2 as long as we win.

Why?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #564 on: March 02, 2019, 02:12:03 PM »
I'm watching the end of Bucky/Penn State.

Gard is going full Bo Ryan.  He is whining and screaming about every call that goes against him even if he has no basis for complaining.

Is he always like this or is he "more Bo" this game than others?

The refs were simply awful down the stretch. They "let them play" with Bucky up two and then three in the final minute allowing Bucky to hammer Penn State without getting called.

This "let them play" in the final seconds is terrible.  Officiate the game the same way the entire way.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 02:13:41 PM by Rick Majerus' Towel »
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #565 on: March 02, 2019, 02:12:25 PM »
Good lord, the music DJ at the Kohl Center is a joke. Hanson, Celion Dion.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

muguru

• All American
« Reply #566 on: March 02, 2019, 02:21:08 PM »
That no call at the end of the game was an absolute abomination...worst call i have seen...that was A. A shot attempt. B. A foul(or murder). Then to not look at/overturn the OOB's call?? UW gifted one again. I get so tired of that crap happening for them.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #567 on: March 02, 2019, 02:23:30 PM »
The refs were simply awful down the stretch. They "let them play" with Bucky up two and then three in the final minute allowing Bucky to hammer Penn State without getting called.

This "let them play" in the final seconds is terrible.  Officiate the game the same way the entire way.

We agree, Smuggles.

I certainly can see not calling touch fouls down the stretch (though I'd prefer they not call those at all), but there were two pretty terrible misses late. Reuvers clearly got fouled with about a minute to go, and then Pretzelman absolutely hammered the Penn State player with a couple seconds to go. A ton of contact on that one, and actually a take-down by the PSU player's head. Ridiculous no-call.

PSU shoulda gotten 2 FTs. If he make em it's a 1-point game. Quick foul and then a chance for a miracle shot.

Only thing more horrendous than the blown call was Dakich's dopey explanations for why there was no call. "You don't want to bail him out there." Bail him out? He was effen hammered. I'm impressed the PSU coach didn't get a T. I think I would have!

Of course, a few seconds earlier, PSU had a chance to tie or take the lead but couldn't even execute an entry pass, so I'm not gonna cry too hard for 'em. As usual, the refs didn't "cost" a team the game.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #568 on: March 02, 2019, 02:50:13 PM »
I wonder how just barely scraping by these awful teams will set UW up for the tournament. They seem to ensure that any team they play will have a chance... UW could have just as well lost to all of Illinois, Penn State, and Northwestern.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #569 on: March 02, 2019, 02:53:58 PM »
Yes...but they don’t lose those games. They win them. So frustrating.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #570 on: March 02, 2019, 03:31:06 PM »
Another note on the refs ...

The guy who ignored the takedown by Pretzelman had to go look at the monitor to make sure the ball was really out of bounds off PSU.

He obviously had to see that Pretzelman committed a hard foul and that he badly blew the call. Do we think he cares? Do we think he says, "Oh crap, I really screwed the pooch there"? Or do we think he says, "Oh well, can't get 'em all. Can't wait for the payment to hit my bank account"?

I only ref youth basketball but when I realize later on that I missed an important call, I am sick about it.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

muguru

• All American
« Reply #571 on: March 02, 2019, 03:34:52 PM »
Another note on the refs ...

The guy who ignored the takedown by Pretzelman had to go look at the monitor to make sure the ball was really out of bounds off PSU.

He obviously had to see that Pretzelman committed a hard foul and that he badly blew the call. Do we think he cares? Do we think he says, "Oh crap, I really screwed the pooch there"? Or do we think he says, "Oh well, can't get 'em all. Can't wait for the payment to hit my bank account"?

I only ref youth basketball but when I realize later on that I missed an important call, I am sick about it.

That official is from...Milwaukee, and has had a history of making calls in crucial spots against Pat Chambers...just sayin.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 06:51:24 PM by muguru »
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #572 on: March 02, 2019, 04:06:29 PM »
Davison today: 6 points in 32 minutes on 1-7 shooting (0-3 from deep).
What a dick.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #573 on: March 02, 2019, 04:42:09 PM »
Why?

because their loss to indiana has got to sting a little bit

garekis

• Walk-On
« Reply #574 on: March 02, 2019, 07:00:26 PM »
Indiana beating Wisconsin. Our offense being top 50-ish. Our defense being top 75-ish. A Pitino back in Italy (err, Greece). Back to the mean. According to Hoyle. Feels good.

feedback