[Today at 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[Today at 07:48:11 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 05:47:31 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Opponents not looking great of late  (Read 90306 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Opponents not looking great of late
« Reply #525 on: February 21, 2019, 09:18:49 PM »
UMBC just completed the season sweep of Vermont. They are a game back in the standings but have the tiebreaker. Them and Presbyterian have been solid buy games.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #526 on: February 21, 2019, 10:48:26 PM »
UMBC just completed the season sweep of Vermont. They are a game back in the standings but have the tiebreaker. Them and Presbyterian have been solid buy games.

Impressive sweep of Vermont. Maybe they make the tourney this year without the buzzer beater.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MUfanatic45

• Team Captain
« Reply #527 on: February 25, 2019, 08:35:45 PM »
A Kstate win tonight would be nice. It was a long shot coming in. But if Dean Wade is gonna play like a 10th grade boy..they in big trouble. Horrible shots, TO's, foul trouble and Kansas had half their pts with him on defense.

Would be nice to keep improving the Kstate win and to keep Kansas behind us in seeding.

Carl

• Team Captain
« Reply #528 on: February 25, 2019, 08:40:33 PM »
I wouldn't count on it.  KU @ Phog is a very tough team to beat.  They've been atrocious at times on the road.  In hindsight, it makes our blown 2nd half on a neutral court sting even more.  Personally I'd much rather have that one back than Indiana, who ran us out of the gym.  We had our foot on KU's throat and forgot how to step.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #529 on: February 25, 2019, 10:03:07 PM »
A Kstate win tonight would be nice. It was a long shot coming in. But if Dean Wade is gonna play like a 10th grade boy..they in big trouble. Horrible shots, TO's, foul trouble and Kansas had half their pts with him on defense.

Would be nice to keep improving the Kstate win and to keep Kansas behind us in seeding.

KSU looked bad tonight. And yeah, it's at the Phog, but they just struggled the whole night. I've seen them play four or five other games this year, and I've never been all that impressed. Their defense is good, but their offense seems too stagnant. They're probably going to win the Big 12 this year, so they're clearly doing something right, though.

Maybe I'm just too used to a high powered offense. Or maybe losing a few bets has just soured me. It's probably the latter.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 10:06:52 PM by skianth16 »

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #530 on: February 25, 2019, 11:44:16 PM »
Old timers help me .. is phog pronounced fog? Or what

Carl

• Team Captain
« Reply #531 on: February 25, 2019, 11:51:57 PM »
Phog Allen Fieldhouse.  Pronounced Fog, you have it right.  Phog Allen is an old OG Kansas legend, any fan of modern college BB should tip their cap.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #532 on: February 25, 2019, 11:57:02 PM »
Phog Allen Fieldhouse.  Pronounced Fog, you have it right.  Phog Allen is an old OG Kansas legend, any fan of modern college BB should tip their cap.
Thank you Carl sir

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #533 on: February 26, 2019, 12:15:53 AM »
Old timers help me .. is phog pronounced fog? Or what

Put it on your bucket list to go to a Big 12 game there.  It is quite the experience.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #534 on: February 26, 2019, 06:31:43 AM »
Put it on your bucket list to go to a Big 12 game there.  It is quite the experience.

Some would argue you’d have to pay people to go to Lawrence, KS, but not so much other places, ai’na?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUfanatic45

• Team Captain
« Reply #535 on: February 26, 2019, 09:18:09 AM »
KSU looked bad tonight. And yeah, it's at the Phog, but they just struggled the whole night. I've seen them play four or five other games this year, and I've never been all that impressed. Their defense is good, but their offense seems too stagnant. They're probably going to win the Big 12 this year, so they're clearly doing something right, though.

Maybe I'm just too used to a high powered offense. Or maybe losing a few bets has just soured me. It's probably the latter.

Yeah they have a lot of veterans so they can make some timely plays on offense. But they are also very inept at times that the game can be over before they can make the veteran plays down the stretch.

JoeSmith1721

• Starter
« Reply #536 on: February 26, 2019, 10:48:50 PM »
Wisconsin @ Indiana. One of the worst college basketball games I have ever seen. Just atrocious basketball from both sides.

Osiris

• Starter
« Reply #537 on: February 26, 2019, 10:50:50 PM »
Wisconsin @ Indiana. One of the worst college basketball games I have ever seen. Just atrocious basketball from both sides.

It’s a travesty that one of these teams gets to leave with a win.
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. Winston Churchill

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #538 on: February 26, 2019, 10:57:34 PM »
That was brutal to watch. UW tried to draw the foul on the inbound again.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #539 on: February 26, 2019, 10:59:41 PM »
That was truly hard on the eyes.......

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #540 on: February 26, 2019, 11:07:09 PM »
Holy sheet.....that was just brutal to watch.
Terrible basketball.

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #541 on: February 26, 2019, 11:12:09 PM »
It’s a travesty that one of these teams gets to leave with a win.

No one wanted to win.

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #542 on: February 26, 2019, 11:13:06 PM »
Wisconsin 2/8 from the FT line in 2OT...yiiiikes

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #543 on: February 26, 2019, 11:13:22 PM »
This has to help us at least from a "worst loss" perspective. IU was definitely trending to our worst loss of the season, so it looks a little stronger. I personally am intrigued to see if they can win out and make the committee make some tough choices.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MUfanatic45

• Team Captain
« Reply #544 on: February 26, 2019, 11:13:36 PM »
Lol Wisconsin 2/8 to start the 2 OT from the line.

Race Thompson who has no experience at the line isn't fouled by Happ because he doesnt want to foul out. Indiana keeps passing to waste time and eventually get an And1 lay up to go up 3.

Dude misses the free throw.

They foul Trice shooting 3.

Wisconsin lets langford do the most predictable drive ever

Great game!

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #545 on: February 26, 2019, 11:39:48 PM »
It just felt that way.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #546 on: February 26, 2019, 11:55:33 PM »
It just felt that way.

As a reward, Ken’s algorithm will probably improve Uw-madison another few spots.   Ugly hoops
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #547 on: February 27, 2019, 04:09:24 AM »
As a reward, Ken’s algorithm will probably improve Uw-madison another few spots.   Ugly hoops

“Wisconsin was very efficient in such a loss. Getting to the line 8 times in the second OT shows smart attacking basketball, makes no matta. Fantastic use of all 5 fouls by runaway POY Ethan Happ. Wisconsin moves up to 12”

-Kenny P

In other news, Jesse Newell moved Marquette down to 28th in his poll cause they scheduled both these teams

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #548 on: February 27, 2019, 04:30:57 AM »
Some would argue you’d have to pay people to go to Lawrence, KS, but not so much other places, ai’na?

Compared to Duke, yes.  16 home games at Phog doesn’t overcome the other 250 days you have to be there.  I like the Baseball Hall of Fame, doesn’t mean I want to live in Cooperstown. Etc etc

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #549 on: February 27, 2019, 07:34:44 AM »
This has to help us at least from a "worst loss" perspective. IU was definitely trending to our worst loss of the season, so it looks a little stronger. I personally am intrigued to see if they can win out and make the committee make some tough choices.

I hate their resume so much. The top of their resume has more win depth than some teams pushing for the top lines (Tennessee, Houston, Texas Tech) and they don't have any terrible losses, but there's just so many. If they get to 17 wins & add a scalp or two in the B10T, they have to be considered.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.