[Today at 04:39:02 PM]

NIL Future by Uncle Rico
[Today at 03:56:29 PM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by LloydsLegs
[Today at 02:48:52 PM]

MU Gear by MUfan12
[Today at 01:31:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Brad Davison  (Read 33043 times)

jficke13

• All American
Re: Brad Davison
« Reply #125 on: December 12, 2018, 07:41:41 AM »
Well they do say play defense with your feet.

TinyTimsLittleBrother

• Starter
« Reply #126 on: December 12, 2018, 08:00:46 AM »
Hmmmm...I see what you mean.  38:50 or so in this video (at about 19:20 in the second half). https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aZrmcllIdnc

A little tough from the angle/speed to see if there is anything intentional or not, but given the pattern, would not be surprised.  The replay shows the head on angle a little better.

I don't think that was an intentional trip.  Should have been called as a foul though.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #127 on: December 12, 2018, 08:02:41 AM »
That's not an intentional trip.  Off ball help jabbing in to try to strip a driving ball handler while still being able to get back to his guy on the perimeter if he doesn't get the steal.

Davison's a douche.  The nut punch was intentional.  Let's not get carried away by looking at his every step with a magnifying glass.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #128 on: December 12, 2018, 09:25:36 AM »
Hmmmm...I see what you mean.  38:50 or so in this video (at about 19:20 in the second half). https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aZrmcllIdnc

A little tough from the angle/speed to see if there is anything intentional or not, but given the pattern, would not be surprised.  The replay shows the head on angle a little better.
That's the one.  Looks completely intentional to me and very similar to the previous video.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TinyTimsLittleBrother

• Starter
« Reply #129 on: December 12, 2018, 09:27:59 AM »
I don't think so.  I think he was just moving his feet and did so late.  He should have been whistled for a foul, but when I watched it live and the video it never seemed intentional.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #130 on: December 12, 2018, 09:32:25 AM »
I don't think so.  I think he was just moving his feet and did so late.  He should have been whistled for a foul, but when I watched it live and the video it never seemed intentional.
Opinions will vary on whether it was "intentional"--IMO, he stuck his foot in the way--but either way he should have been called for a foul rather than the play resulting in a steal, fast break, and-1 opportunity which fortunately Happ failed to convert per his usual FT accuracy...which is why I yelling at the TV.*

*Which I've had to tone down since my dogs tend to leave the room.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #131 on: December 12, 2018, 09:33:08 AM »
Honestly the biggest problem with this possession was that Sacar was trying to cross up Happ.  That's not his game, and he should know better.  Either drive right at him, or look for the mismatch that Theo or Joey has in the post.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2018, 10:01:07 AM »
I'm going disagree and say the biggest problem was that Davison tripped him.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #133 on: December 12, 2018, 10:11:43 AM »
I guess I'm just choosing to focus on MU players, and not incidental contact and the lack of a whistle from that incidental contact.  4th year in the program, Sacar should know better.  To each their own.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #134 on: December 12, 2018, 11:53:35 AM »
Davison  also got away with a similar trip versus Minnesota last year.   It was at the end of regulation.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #135 on: December 12, 2018, 11:58:39 AM »
You could do the same exact stillframe with Morrow on Trice. Should’ve been a foul, was not intentional. You can find a stillframe like that for anyone who has played basketball.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #136 on: December 12, 2018, 03:25:56 PM »
I'm going disagree and say the biggest problem was that Davison tripped him.

Agree that Davison intentionally tripped.  He's a dirty player who trips, flops and punches opponent.  Hopefully, refs will watch his play more closely now.

MuMark

• All American

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #138 on: December 12, 2018, 07:50:25 PM »
https://amp.jsonline.com/amp/2282858002?__twitter_impression=true

has anyone asked joey about the play?  well there you have it-mr houser and mr davison were college roomies so their kids were just funnin with each other.  according to coach gard-we don't teach that one.  there ya go...just a little misunderstanding.  davison wasn't embarassed about his goose(no offense goose) eggs on the scoreboard, so he goes for joey's huevos

btw, could you imagine a drill in practice, guys lining up like they're gonna do layups, but instead, line up for the "hacky-sac drill"  umm, hey coach, can we opt out and do 50 killers until until we can't breathe instead
don't...don't don't don't don't

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #139 on: December 12, 2018, 09:24:48 PM »
Joey has more important things to think about.  Like the next game after his finals are done.  We can pick this up next time we need some BADger motivation.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #140 on: December 12, 2018, 10:12:26 PM »
Joey has more important things to think about.  Like the next game after his finals are done.  We can pick this up next time we need some BADger motivation.

Yup. The Badgers are in our rear view mirror. North Dakota is the focus.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #141 on: December 13, 2018, 02:06:46 PM »
You spelled it wrong.

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #142 on: December 13, 2018, 02:24:11 PM »
Potrykus is a Badger slurper.

The elevation of this incident on twitter means refs will be forewarned about Davison's chippy, floppy tendencies and will watch him closer duting games.  Good news for any team playing UW.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

Skip Intro

• Team Captain
« Reply #143 on: December 13, 2018, 02:43:15 PM »
Potrykus is a Badger slurper.

The elevation of this incident on twitter means refs will be forewarned about Davison's chippy, floppy tendencies and will watch him closer duting games.  Good news for any team playing UW.

Pretty sure that most refs have been on to Davison since at least the NC State game.  As was noted in the thread giving props to the refs last weekend , it's impressive that the ref making the call did so without hesitation, because he wasn't really at the best angle to see it.  Wouldn't doubt if they were all keeping a close eye on Davison looking for flops (say, from a slightly moving screen), and he just happened to catch the one time Davison chose groping over flopping.  Normally, something like that away from the ball would be completely missed, or they'd make a late call based on player reactions and what they think may have happened.  That definitely wasn't the case. 

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #144 on: December 13, 2018, 03:52:43 PM »
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #145 on: December 13, 2018, 05:18:15 PM »
Pretty sure that most refs have been on to Davison since at least the NC State game.  As was noted in the thread giving props to the refs last weekend , it's impressive that the ref making the call did so without hesitation, because he wasn't really at the best angle to see it.  Wouldn't doubt if they were all keeping a close eye on Davison looking for flops (say, from a slightly moving screen), and he just happened to catch the one time Davison chose groping over flopping.  Normally, something like that away from the ball would be completely missed, or they'd make a late call based on player reactions and what they think may have happened.  That definitely wasn't the case.
Hopefully they start to pick up on the intentional trips as well.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #146 on: February 06, 2019, 09:43:04 PM »

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #147 on: February 06, 2019, 09:49:32 PM »
I hope he gets exposed by BTN, ESPN, and at least some Vadger fans.
What a dick.

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #148 on: February 06, 2019, 09:49:56 PM »
Guys a f***in clown.   As if there aren’t enough reasons to hate uw-madison

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #149 on: February 06, 2019, 10:03:27 PM »
I work with some Badgers fans and trust me when I say they are sick of his antics as well.

feedback