[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Brad Davison  (Read 32671 times)

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
Brad Davison
« on: December 08, 2018, 07:50:23 PM »
0-3 from the line despite being a 90% free throw shooter
1/2 on flops
0/1 on dirty plays
Go Warriors!
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

jsglow

• All American
Re: Brad Davison
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 07:54:12 PM »
So somebody give a 'blow by blow'. I looked up and saw that Joey was super pissed. I initially thought that he had been called for an offensive foul. Then the call was Davison. Then the refs went to the monitors.  Fill me in. Intentional low blow?

Marquette4life

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 07:54:33 PM »
Anyone have a video of the low blow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 07:54:54 PM »
Floppy McDickpuncher.

Says it all.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 07:56:42 PM »
So somebody give a 'blow by blow'. I looked up and saw that Joey was super pissed. I initially thought that he had been called for an offensive foul. Then the call was Davison. Then the refs went to the monitors.  Fill me in. Intentional low blow?

Nut punch and looked intentional. 

Didn't Davison's father and Dave Hauser played basketball together at the University of Minnesota - Duluth?  Maybe it's an old fraternity greeting.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2018, 08:03:27 PM »
Coming back from the huddle after the review, camera was on Joey as he walked with Sam and very clearly said “hit me in the f***ing nuts”.

For all the fawning over him after the NC St nonsense, dude was invisible today and severely harmed his team with that crap. Only contribution was taking a charge ON OFFENSE and still shanking the FTs. Remember when people said he’d be the best player on many teams? LOL

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018, 08:08:41 PM »
Davidson was hated going into the game. This further solidifies the hate. Takes a real piece of sh$t to stoop to that level.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2018, 08:10:38 PM »

Didn't Davison's father and Dave Hauser played basketball together at the University of Minnesota - Duluth?  Maybe it's an old fraternity greeting.

Aka Madison Handshake.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2018, 08:11:28 PM »
I didn't see it at the game, and they didn't replay it on the big screen. From the second angle of the video link, it totally looks intentional. That was a huge call. Davison hurt his team more than he hurt Joey.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2018, 09:29:26 PM »
Dipped into Buckyville and even they are calling out Davison for his classless play
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2018, 09:36:03 PM »
Just saw the replay.  I listened to the game on TuneIn.  Homer acknowledged that he and Tony missed the call and were completely lost on it.  And I appreciate that.  But Homer, do you guys have access to the video?  Even after he call was finalized, they didn’t explain or acknowledge that it was a dick shot. It took me about 10 minutes of looking at this and other threads to even realize it was the same play. 

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2018, 09:47:54 PM »
#nutpuncher was the worst player on the floor today.  Hurt his team repeatedly.
Why Gard doesn't play Kobe King more and  #nutpuncher less is beyond me.  But, I'm glad he did.

And, yes it was completely intentional, dirty and dumb.

https://247sports.com/Article/Wisconsin-basketball-Brad-Davison-groin-shot-Marquette-forward-Joey-Hauser-126092431/
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 09:51:55 PM by 94Warrior »

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2018, 09:48:48 PM »
I especially loved his first flop where he got called for the foul because it likely would have been a no call had he stayed on his feet.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2018, 10:03:38 PM »
If Home Team and Tony don't have a TV feed in front of them they probably didn't know what the intentional was for.  The only angle they showed in the arena were from the opposite end of the court and it looked like there was no contact at all.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2018, 10:09:00 PM »
If Home Team and Tony don't have a TV feed in front of them they probably didn't know what the intentional was for.  The only angle they showed in the arena were from the opposite end of the court and it looked like there was no contact at all.

Yeah, nobody in the arena could tell what the hell happened on that play.  And a few minutes after that, there was a review on an out of bounds call where they showed one quick replay and then nothing else.  Pretty frustrating.

Also, does anyone else think it was a missed opportunity to show Barry Alvarez on the big screen and then cut away so quickly?  I mean come on, leave him up there for at least ten seconds so we can give him the welcome he deserves.

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2018, 10:15:54 PM »
Normally I root for the teams MU plays after our games with them...ratings formulas...bumps in SOS and the like...

BUT #34 and UW will get none of that from me....Crash and Burn UW!!....be a Q4 win at the end of the season, I don't care...that sucker punch burns me up!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2018, 11:21:20 PM »
He was as responsible as any F%cky player for their loss, probably more responsible than any, actually. And that should have been a Flagrant 2, which "involves unsportsmanlike conduct that is extreme in nature."

He is worth hating. He's kind of like Grayson Allen at his most dick-like, but without the game.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Mods, Delete me please. 8/26/2020

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2018, 11:42:24 PM »

Also, does anyone else think it was a missed opportunity to show Barry Alvarez on the big screen and then cut away so quickly?  I mean come on, leave him up there for at least ten seconds so we can give him the welcome he deserves.

Was he wearing gold?   Dodds says Alvarez has been integral to the program, he must’ve been wearing gold. 

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2018, 12:33:52 AM »
Where is Danny Pudi to weigh in on this??
The #Kickpuncher franchise must now become the #Dickpuncher franchise.

I hope we hear from Troy and Abed in the morning.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

GoldenEagle323

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2018, 12:37:03 AM »

they did play together.. my uncle played with them and said davison father wasnt good lol

tower912

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2018, 07:31:53 AM »
Favorite part is Davison pointing the other way thinking he might have gotten a moving screen call.   Punk.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2018, 07:45:07 AM »
Favorite part is Davison pointing the other way thinking he might have gotten a moving screen call.   Punk.

Yup. And then once they went to review it you could tell he knew thousands of people watching Fox were going to see him winding up to punch a dude between the legs.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

fjm

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2018, 09:15:11 AM »
The forum really fd this up. I have decent seats. Had no idea what happened (neither did my buddy). They showed 1 replay.

You want the fans to go fuggin bonkers, show that replay because I am sure 90% of the crowd had no idea what had happened.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2018, 09:19:35 AM »
Damn - I don't think I saw the backside angle on the telecast - that absolutely should have been a Flagrant 2 and it should earn him a suspension. Floppy McDP went for it so hard he was cuppin' Joey's junk in his elbow.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence