[Today at 01:49:43 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by PointWarrior
[Today at 01:43:07 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 01:20:04 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: If you’re going to the Badger game Sat. PLEASE NOTE:  (Read 13028 times)

fjm

• All American
If you’re going to the Badger game Sat. PLEASE NOTE:
« on: December 05, 2018, 08:09:05 AM »
Hey everyone!
1) go MU!
2) if you’re going to the vadger game Saturday please note that some of the reason that there were empty seats (student section and regular) at the start of the game is that the lines to get into the stadium were slow and long.

I heard from multiple people sitting around me and then from a few friends later that day that they were in line 15-20 min before game start and did not make it in time for tip-off.

So in short: get in line early to get in.

warriorchick

• All American
Re: If you’re going to the Badger game Sat. PLEASE NOTE:
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 08:30:02 AM »
Hey everyone!
1) go MU!
2) if you’re going to the vadger game Saturday please note that some of the reason that there were empty seats (student section and regular) at the start of the game is that the lines to get into the stadium were slow and long.

I heard from multiple people sitting around me and then from a few friends later that day that they were in line 15-20 min before game start and did not make it in time for tip-off.

So in short: get in line early to get in.

Yep.  The game is in the middle of the afternoon on a Saturday.  Most of you don't have to rush there after work, and you can still sleep in, have a little pregaming and lunch, and still make it there in plenty of time.  No one has any excuse not to get there for the Pray video.
Have some patience, FFS.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 08:38:52 AM »
Yep.  The game is in the middle of the afternoon on a Saturday.  Most of you don't have to rush there after work, and you can still sleep in, have a little pregaming and lunch, and still make it there in plenty of time.  No one has any excuse not to get there for the Pray video.
Idk the fiserv lines are excruciatingly slow. I've waited in long lines for games like prespeterian.

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 08:41:35 AM »
Is this true for the breezeway from the garage third floor as well. Thinking of parking there this time.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 08:42:03 AM »
Idk the fiserv lines are excruciatingly slow. I've waited in long lines for games like prespeterian.

Get there 45 minutes before game time and you will be fine.  What else do you have to do on a Saturday afternoon that's more important?
Have some patience, FFS.

RideMyBuycks

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 08:46:55 AM »
Does anyone know if you need a copy of a student ticket to get into the upper deck of the student section or if it's a free-for-all? I know you haven't in the past, but I haven't been to FF yet.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 08:48:39 AM »
Does anyone know if you need a copy of a student ticket to get into the upper deck of the student section or if it's a free-for-all? I know you haven't in the past, but I haven't been to FF yet.

There is no upper deck for student section. It’s all lower this year in the end zones.

FISERV DOES NOT ACCEPT PRINTED OFF TICKETS ANYMORE. EITHER ON YOUR PHONE OR TICKETS THAT WERE PART OF A SEASON TICKET PACKAGE.

NO MORE PDF OFF YOUR COMPUTER TICKETS.

Also yes student tickets: It is a free for all. General admission.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 08:49:26 AM »
I haven't had any issues with the lines on the east side of the stadium. In in less than 2 minutes every game, including K State.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2018, 08:50:38 AM »
Is this true for the breezeway from the garage third floor as well. Thinking of parking there this time.

I don't park in that lot, but I park on the street near there (don't tell anyone else, it's a secret) and go in through the skywalk.   For the K-state game, we arrived close to game time (~10 mins) and that entrance wasn't bad.  Maybe had to wait for 10 people. 

Plus, it kept us out of the cold, rain.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2018, 08:50:59 AM »
There is no upper deck for student section. It’s all lower this year in the end zones.

FISERV DOES NOT ACCEPT PRINTED OFF TICKETS ANYMORE. EITHER ON YOUR PHONE OR TICKETS THAT WERE PART OF A SEASON TICKET PACKAGE.

NO MORE PDF OFF YOUR COMPUTER TICKETS.

Also yes student tickets: It is a free for all. General admission.

Also, there is no upper deck student section any more.  All lower bowl on both ends of the court.
Have some patience, FFS.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2018, 08:53:46 AM »
I get into the Forum always 25 minutes before gametime. On big crowd games on the weekend, sometimes 45 minutes. I beat the rush and get a drink or something. That said, the screening is fast. I feel it's faster than the BC was. Problem I see is the fans are not ready. They bring to much crap to the game. Leave to much metal in their pocket. also, they don't have their ticket ready to scan.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2018, 08:55:29 AM »
I don't park in that lot, but I park on the street near there (don't tell anyone else, it's a secret) and go in through the skywalk.   For the K-state game, we arrived close to game time (~10 mins) and that entrance wasn't bad.  Maybe had to wait for 10 people. 

Shhh, don't tell everyone about that entrance.

IrwinFletcher

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2018, 08:55:50 AM »
Two things happened regarding students last Saturday.

The rain forced most kids to take the bus.  The busses then had to make more trips causing many to be delayed.

then, there may have been an internet connection issue, but many kids had trouble getting their ticket up on their phone which caused the long line to get in.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2018, 08:56:58 AM »
I get into the Forum always 25 minutes before gametime. On big crowd games on the weekend, sometimes 45 minutes. I beat the rush and get a drink or something. That said, the screening is fast. I feel it's faster than the BC was. Problem I see is the fans are not ready. They bring to much crap to the game. Leave to much metal in their pocket. also, they don't have their ticket ready to scan.

This.

If you have ever been in TSA behind an entire family who hasn't been on an airplane since before 9/11, you have an idea of what the experience is like.
Have some patience, FFS.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2018, 09:20:37 AM »

FISERV DOES NOT ACCEPT PRINTED OFF TICKETS ANYMORE.
That is not true. The Fiserv Forum can print tickets for you at the box office. So, can the Al McGuire Box Office. Plus, the ushers last Saturday confirmed that to me. I brought two older people who don't have smart phones to the game. Those free tickets we get as STH.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

genious expert

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2018, 09:23:51 AM »

People not knowing how to bring their tickets up and then standing right in front of the ticket scanners while they try to figure it out has been a big issue in my experience.
It's early in the season hopefully the technologically impaired people start to figure out that they need to have that taken care of before they get to the gate.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2018, 09:25:20 AM »

Yep, got it down to a science.  Keys/cell in the little bin, no other metal.  Scan the ticket and up the escalator.  And for weekends especially, plenty early.  I hate being rushed.

PS. On Monday I did Uber car door (there had been early morning App issues causing significant delays), through TSA, to my gate and across the plane threshold in 18 minutes.  For the very first time in my life I heard my name associated with 'last boarding call'.  The entire experience sucked.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2018, 09:30:42 AM »
So I guess it's safe to say Sat. will be a complete mess with all these Badger fans that bought their tickets from MU STH's with electronic transfer trying to figure out this process for the first time.  They're not too bright, ya know.

RideMyBuycks

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2018, 09:33:23 AM »
Also, there is no upper deck student section any more.  All lower bowl on both ends of the court.

Thanks. Do you need to flash your mobile student ticket to get into the student section? We have a few singles from other parts of the stadium that would like to sit with us.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2018, 09:36:52 AM »
So I guess it's safe to say Sat. will be a complete mess with all these Badger fans that bought their tickets from MU STH's with electronic transfer trying to figure out this process for the first time.  They're not too bright, ya know.

They should have a separate line for Bucky fans.  Get right on that, Mr. Nielsen!
Have some patience, FFS.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2018, 09:45:43 AM »
They should have a separate line for Bucky fans.
that takes them into the Bradley Center.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2018, 10:13:58 AM »
They should have a separate line for Bucky fans.  Get right on that, Mr. Nielsen!

+1

Anyone in red will be expedited to a private line that leads to a special "outdoor viewing suite" 2 blocks east of the Forum with one port-a-potty & a grainy 14-inch black & white battery operated TV, complete with bunny ears for optimal reception.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2018, 10:15:49 AM »

muguru will be working security for that lane.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2018, 10:30:01 AM »

I don't know how you manage to pull this off. This would be my biggest complaint with FF thus far, and I have HEARD it hasn't gone unnoticed by others and that is has actually been talked about on radio/tv personalities, and that is the lack of viable,(close by) on the street parking. Last week, I got incredibly lucky, but that's not going to happen most of the time. This never seemed to be an issue with the BC, could almost always find street parking fairly close..not with FF, IF I do happen to find a spot on the street, it's usually pretty far away..like a 10+ minute walk afterwards.

Sure, I can park in the same spots I used to for the BC, but that's a bit further than I'd like. I want something that is close by that takes me 5 minutes at most to get to the car after and get the heck out of there. Street parking around FF is NOT optimal by any stretch.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

RideMyBuycks

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2018, 11:22:46 AM »
Also, any standing room available with a view of the court?