[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: UTEP thoughts  (Read 19623 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: UTEP thoughts
« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2018, 10:27:47 AM »
Angry this morning Sultan?  Sheesh.  You have better sleuth capabilities here than I do, based on your numerous previous posts re-hashing things I posted as far back as 7 years ago.

The point we haven't rolled out our real offense had been alluded to early this season - guessing probably after the struggles with Presby, IU, etc.

So I’m other words, you are making a half-baked assertion you can’t back up. Again.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2018, 12:27:23 PM »
I can't recall specifically who but high likelihood members of the Scoop Intelligencia.  Chose to let it slide at the time because no need to call out all of the ill-conceived points thrown out here (usually made in an attempt to prop up the spotty/shaky performance of our team.)

I mean we have a thread here "Some ranked teams didn't escape the upset."

Lol! “Cheeks isn’t the only one who has suggested this.” “I don’t know. But I know it’s been multiple people!”

Hilarious.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2018, 12:47:36 PM »
So I’m other words, you are making a half-baked assertion you can’t back up. Again.

No.  I'm telling you I can't recall the specific posters who made the idiotic assertions.  Don't have a photographic memory to recall all 1,000,000 posts made here.

Realized it is likely the "other" posters who made the assertion that we were running a vanilla offense, etc - very well could have been Billy Hoyle and Warrior Dad, which many believe are Cheeks.  So..that could explain it.  But, I'm sure a few other in the Intelligenicia alluded to it as well.

Lol! “Cheeks isn’t the only one who has suggested this.” “I don’t know. But I know it’s been multiple people!”

Hilarious.

What's hilarious about it is, it probably was Billy Hoyle and Warrior Dad making that dumb point following our less than stellar performances against Presby, UMBC. 

Though it is entirely possibly you could have joined in too, as well, given your pathetic efforts to prop up the mediocre at best performance turned in by your mancrush thus far.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2018, 12:51:52 PM »

Hilarious.
Hey, is there somewhere to sign up for the Scoop Intelligencia?  I just don't want to get stuck with the Scoop Ignoramusii.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #104 on: December 06, 2018, 12:54:44 PM »
No.  I'm telling you I can't recall the specific posters who made the idiotic assertions.  Don't have a photographic memory to recall all 1,000,000 posts made here.

Realized it is likely the "other" posters who made the assertion that we were running a vanilla offense, etc - very well could have been Billy Hoyle and Warrior Dad, which many believe are Cheeks.  So..that could explain it.  But, I'm sure a few other in the Intelligenicia alluded to it as well.

What's hilarious about it is, it probably was Billy Hoyle and Warrior Dad making that dumb point following our less than stellar performances against Presby, UMBC. 

Though it is entirely possibly you could have joined in too, as well, given your pathetic efforts to prop up the mediocre at best performance turned in by your mancrush thus far.

1.  There’s a search function.

2.  There is an IU post game thread.

It isn’t hard to find said posts. But you’re having problems cause the imaginary posts don’t actually exist.

Same Ners just a different name. Sad.

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #105 on: December 06, 2018, 12:59:37 PM »

1.  There’s a search function.

2.  There is an IU post game thread.

It isn’t hard to find said posts. But you’re having problems cause the imaginary posts don’t actually exist.

Same Ners just a different name. Sad.

I'm not going to spend hours trying to sort through any of the UMBC, Presby, Bethune, IU, Kansas, post game threads, or other threads related to those games, to find posts that alluded to us not revealing the extent of our offense. 

Comments like that were made, and since Cheeks served up this idiotic comment in this thread, it is entirely possible while using his alter egos of Warrior Dad and Billy Hoyle, he alluded to the same thing.  Or, entirely possible it was one of the Intelligencia.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #106 on: December 06, 2018, 01:02:38 PM »
I'm not going to spend hours trying to sort through any of the UMBC, Presby, Bethune, IU, Kansas, post game threads, or other threads related to those games, to find posts that alluded to us not revealing the extent of our offense. 

Comments like that were made, and since Cheeks served up this idiotic comment in this thread, it is entirely possible while using his alter egos of Warrior Dad and Billy Hoyle, he alluded to the same thing.  Or, entirely possible it was one of the Intelligencia.

Uh-huh...

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #107 on: December 06, 2018, 01:10:35 PM »
Angry this morning Sultan?  Sheesh.  You have better sleuth capabilities here than I do, based on your numerous previous posts re-hashing things I posted as far back as 7 years ago.

The point we haven't rolled out our real offense had been alluded to early this season - guessing probably after the struggles with Presby, IU, etc.

I agree entirely with Tower's post below.  We haven't held anything back in our offense this season.  To allude so, and say as much, is just dumb.  Perhaps it was Warrior Dad and Billy Hoyle who made those points earlier this year.  (That would make sense.)

When you have victim-shamed an alleged sexual assault, it should absolutely be rehashed.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #108 on: December 06, 2018, 01:38:12 PM »
Hey, is there somewhere to sign up for the Scoop Intelligencia?  I just don't want to get stuck with the Scoop Ignoramusii.

You have to apply for that, dude.  Not just anyone gets in.  First question is were you a high school McDonald's All American (Wojo), an All Northern All Star (Ners), or in the band (every other Scooper)?  There are no other options, you had to be in one of those three groups.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #109 on: December 06, 2018, 01:40:29 PM »

Hi-lar-ious.

You know what?  Come to think of it, I remember you saying Mbao and McMorrow were sure fire, can't miss NBA all stars.  I can't find the specific post or remember which username of yours you were using at that time, but I'm positive you said it.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #110 on: December 06, 2018, 05:07:11 PM »
I can't recall specifically who but high likelihood members of the Scoop Intelligencia.  Chose to let it slide at the time because no need to call out all of the ill-conceived points thrown out here (usually made in an attempt to prop up the spotty/shaky performance of our team.)

I mean we have a thread here "Some ranked teams didn't escape the upset."

As High Prefect of the Sacred Order of the Scoop Intelligensia I can tell you no one in our ranks have made such a claim.

I remember posts about players finding their role or getting comfortable in the offense. I also remember talk about cold shooting nights that will sort themselves out. Nothing about us not playing our real offense.

Also, I think it is hilarious that we have been saying Scoop Intelligencia. Intelligencia is the name of a Marvel Super Villain Gang. Intelligensia is the word I think most have been looking for.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #111 on: December 06, 2018, 06:40:41 PM »
When you have victim-shamed an alleged sexual assault, it should absolutely be rehashed.

#Fake News.  I didn't "victim shame."  Key word in your post:  Alleged. 

I didn't coin the expression:  Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.  That is a thing, because it can* be a thing.  Posting as much in the commentary on that topic doesn't constitute "victim shaming."  Why?

The police didn't found grounds to press charges.  Player in question had previous relationship with accuser.  Encounter started consensually.  Then per the girl's story, changed her mind.  Alcohol involved.  I said there are two sides to every story.  Player's story never came out. 

It is great to be progressive and all, but it's a dangerous precedent to start convicting everyone on allegations.

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #112 on: December 06, 2018, 06:48:45 PM »

No need to sign up TSmith34.  You are the poster boy for the Intelligencia: A person who feels they have elite level knowledge on a subject matter, but in reality have little to no credentials to assert such knowledge.  Even a blind squirrel finds a nut, as do some in the Intelligencia here - but you on the other hand?  Nope.  Like LITERALLY never.   Thankfully, there's only a handful here who truly fall into the category.  It's pretty much actually just you and this volleyball player:

You have to apply for that, dude.  Not just anyone gets in.  First question is were you a high school McDonald's All American (Wojo), an All Northern All Star (Ners), or in the band (every other Scooper)?  There are no other options, you had to be in one of those three groups.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #113 on: December 06, 2018, 06:54:49 PM »
No need to sign up TSmith34.  You are the poster boy for the Intelligencia: A person who feels they have elite level knowledge on a subject matter, but in reality have little to no credentials to assert such knowledge.  Even a blind squirrel finds a nut, as do some in the Intelligencia here - but you on the other hand?  Nope.  Like LITERALLY never.   Thankfully, there's only a handful here who truly fall into the category.  It's pretty much actually just you and this volleyball player:

No doubt. I’ve never shot a basketball in my life!

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #114 on: December 06, 2018, 07:08:20 PM »
#Fake News.  I didn't "victim shame."  Key word in your post:  Alleged. 

I didn't coin the expression:  Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.  That is a thing, because it can* be a thing.  Posting as much in the commentary on that topic doesn't constitute "victim shaming."  Why?

The police didn't found grounds to press charges.  Player in question had previous relationship with accuser.  Encounter started consensually.  Then per the girl's story, changed her mind.  Alcohol involved.  I said there are two sides to every story.  Player's story never came out. 

It is great to be progressive and all, but it's a dangerous precedent to start convicting everyone on allegations.

You're forgetting the part where you brought up the song "Crazy Biitch" by Buckcherry in reference to the complainant.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #115 on: December 06, 2018, 07:13:39 PM »
No doubt. I’ve never shot a basketball in my life!
I don't even know what sports are!

I do, however, know an obnoxious, argumentative pud when I see one.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #116 on: December 06, 2018, 07:25:27 PM »
I didnt play basketball at a high level after age 14. I know a lot about basketball. More than most. I could draw up successful plays pretty easily. I come up with new tactical concepts when I'm bored because it is fun to me.

I played baseball at a decently high level. Almost every single person on baseball forums know much more about baseball than me.

All this to say, you don't need to play a sport to understand it at a high level. Everyone but Ners seems to understand that.

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #117 on: December 06, 2018, 07:26:22 PM »
I don't even know what sports are!

I do, however, know an obnoxious, argumentative pud when I see one.

Every morning, no doubt.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #118 on: December 06, 2018, 07:28:38 PM »

No alter egos.  I didn’t make any such comment except in this thread.  It looked like an uninspired output, similar to a vanilla offensive approach in football.  That was my opinion.

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #119 on: December 06, 2018, 07:48:14 PM »
I didnt play basketball at a high level after age 14. I know a lot about basketball. More than most. I could draw up successful plays pretty easily. I come up with new tactical concepts when I'm bored because it is fun to me.

I played baseball at a decently high level. Almost every single person on baseball forums know much more about baseball than me.

All this to say, you don't need to play a sport to understand it at a high level. Everyone but Ners seems to understand that.

Agree with your post. 

Most everyone here can see Wojo has been mediocre - that certainly doesn't require having played basketball (on any level) to see.

The Intelligencia here is quite small and been shrinking by the year.  It's down to handful of people, a couple of whom post vociferously yet struggle to acknowledge the mediocre job turned in thus far by Wojo.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 07:51:44 PM by Floorslapper »

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #120 on: December 06, 2018, 08:05:21 PM »
Agree with your post. 

Most everyone here can see Wojo has been mediocre - that certainly doesn't require having played basketball (on any level) to see.

The Intelligencia here is quite small and been shrinking by the year.  It's down to handful of people, a couple of whom post vociferously yet struggle to acknowledge the mediocre job turned in thus far by Wojo.

He hasnt been a great coach to this point. I'd argue he hasnt been mediocre. We've been average or above average the past 4 years. I would agree only a few would like to continue with Wojo as coach if he doesn't show major improvements. I think the improved defensive performance this year is a good start

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #121 on: December 06, 2018, 08:10:55 PM »
#Fake News.  I didn't "victim shame." 

Ahhh....yeeaahhhh....you pretty much did.

And you still seem OK with that.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #122 on: December 06, 2018, 08:36:15 PM »
Agree with your post. 

What do you get out of this?

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #123 on: December 06, 2018, 09:05:08 PM »
How does the N'ers ban anticipation work? 

Is it on a countdown system i.e. "BanHammer in 4 insane posts.....3 insane posts....  An escalating threat warning system i.e. "we've just past level 'rehashing same points from 7 years ago' and are now at Ban Level 'I'm so boxed into a corner I'm blaming you for not proving my point' "......... or is it more of an art than a science i.e. "he's clearly working himself up into a weeks long lather but he hasn't insulted anyones wife yet..."?

feedback