[Today at 03:10:06 AM]

south jordan best online hookup site by MarquetteVol
[April 19, 2024, 11:53:22 PM]

santa rosa flirt adult by JakeBarnes
[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Another millennial thread...  (Read 27642 times)

D'Lo Brown

• All American
Re: Another millennial thread...
« Reply #200 on: January 13, 2019, 06:56:14 PM »
It's WarriorDad. Or you.

Are they the same person?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #201 on: January 13, 2019, 07:34:29 PM »

Only he/they/she/it knows.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #202 on: January 13, 2019, 08:05:04 PM »
It's WarriorDad. Or you.

From what I've read, I would guess we only align on about 30% of his views, but keep on going with it. Don't forget Billy Hoyle and all the others.  Make sure to include the big tent.

My kids aren't millenials, at least based on one of those definitions, though by one of them they are.  I have mostly millenials working for me, and most work hard, smart and do things the right way.  I have no problem with millenials, despite your accusations.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #203 on: January 13, 2019, 09:23:52 PM »
I have no problem with millenials, despite your accusations.

Good.

I must have you confused with somebody else.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #204 on: January 13, 2019, 10:23:55 PM »
Good.

I must have you confused with somebody else.

I do think they lack patience, does that make me anti-millenial? 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #205 on: January 13, 2019, 11:32:18 PM »
As a father of a 20 year old and a father of another in their late 20's and one in their early 30's, that statement you made is not true.  NOTHING IN COMMON?  Wholly untrue, especially if they grew up in the same household.  They may not have much in common or in some cases nothing, but that isn't going to be true in every case.  Blanket statement not correct.

Earlier one of your messages said crime may not be better because you grew up in an area where someone what shot.  I am speaking of averages, and crime is down on average across this country.  You seem to be making the error of extrapolating your experience and saying it applies to all.

You realise your first statement is extrapolating your experience and saying it applies to all then your second statement you criticise me for doing the same thing. Look as an average you can claim a lot of things about millennials, but don't expect every millennial on here to bend over as you express insult us when we've had very different lives than your blanket statements claim.

Decide if you're ok with blanket statements or using personal experience arguments because you've done both in this thread and then criticised me for the same.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #206 on: January 13, 2019, 11:44:11 PM »
I do think they lack patience, does that make me anti-millenial?

I can't possibly know if you are anti-Millennial. However, it does make you a guy who too often falls back on generalizations and stereotypes.

I mean, I hear all Jews are good with money, too.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #207 on: January 14, 2019, 01:06:31 AM »
I can't possibly know if you are anti-Millennial. However, it does make you a guy who too often falls back on generalizations and stereotypes.

I mean, I hear all Jews are good with money, too.

Like female reporters and what they wear and who they hug?  Come on, give it a rest.....we all do it to an extent.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #208 on: January 14, 2019, 07:59:39 AM »
Like female reporters and what they wear and who they hug?  Come on, give it a rest.....we all do it to an extent.

gibberish

Just PMed you.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #209 on: January 14, 2019, 08:24:50 AM »

And boom goes the dynamite

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #210 on: January 14, 2019, 11:38:07 AM »
Only he/they/she/it knows.

To be fair, he identifies as two different people......
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #211 on: January 14, 2019, 11:55:27 AM »

With posts like this, I'll never be able to forget the existence of Alanis Morrisette.

As an aside, my browser wants to auto-correct "Alanis Morrisette" to "Alan is Terrorist" and all my brain is telling me right now is somehow I've got to put that to use.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #212 on: January 14, 2019, 12:08:19 PM »
With posts like this, I'll never be able to forget the existence of Alanis Morrisette.

As an aside, my browser wants to auto-correct "Alanis Morrisette" to "Alan is Terrorist" and all my brain is telling me right now is somehow I've got to put that to use.

Is Brewcity77 on a list after poll attacking Gary Parrish?

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #213 on: January 14, 2019, 12:11:22 PM »

It probably wants to auto-correct because you indeed spelled it wrong.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #214 on: January 17, 2019, 05:41:41 PM »

Speekin' of witch, hoo heer tinks Katie George is hot, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Efficient Frontier

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #215 on: March 05, 2019, 02:17:20 PM »
Your judgement is clouded by ego. These generational arguments are always, "be happy for what you have, because I had to walk up hill both ways to make a nickel, and instead of crying about it, I did it".  It is pride, that you worked hard to get where you are, and now you are in a position, where you do not realize how hard others still have it. 

When you were starting out, you could buy a home, and raise a family on 1 salary. Now, two people working struggle to accomplish that, and on top of it all people working their tail off are stuck with mortgage sized student loan debts.

The idea of starting a family before one is 30 is considered impossible to most, because in order to get a salary equivalent to the $10k one you were talking about, you need an advanced degree.

I could go on and on about what the current generation has as struggles, because I know them and interact with them daily.  I also have the experience, and intellect, to be able to recognize that although the types of struggles changed between my generation and millennials, both groups have their respective struggles.  Both have their strengths and weaknesses.  And most importantly nothing ever changes in regards to cranky old men saying "kids these days."
Whoops...
https://youtu.be/rEENNfD7PR0

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #216 on: March 05, 2019, 02:33:38 PM »
Whoops...
https://youtu.be/rEENNfD7PR0

This video in no way responds to the post you quoted.
[edit]

To elaborate, using this video this way is in tremendously bad faith. "We found that increased liquidity lead to an approximately 0.5% to 1% increase in homeownership" is the most important line of the whole thing (1:28 in). 

So in other words, we took a group of people that needed to spend or borrow a tremendous amount of money just to make it through college. Then we pumped another $7,500k in loans to them per year. Turns out, they spent that money on stuff! Conclusion, let's pump them full of more loans then they'll buy more houses and all kinds of other stuff faster!

This is how really stupid economic policy demonizes entire groups of people. The same groups saying "hey look at that, student loans help you buy houses!" will be decrying idiot millennials for taking out money to buy things they can't afford
- but only after an idiot millenial bails them out by buying their house.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 02:46:29 PM by MUBurrow »

Efficient Frontier

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #217 on: March 05, 2019, 03:43:28 PM »
[edit]

To elaborate, using this video this way is in tremendously bad faith. "We found that increased liquidity lead to an approximately 0.5% to 1% increase in homeownership" is the most important line of the whole thing (1:28 in). 

So in other words, we took a group of people that needed to spend or borrow a tremendous amount of money just to make it through college. Then we pumped another $7,500k in loans to them per year. Turns out, they spent that money on stuff! Conclusion, let's pump them full of more loans then they'll buy more houses and all kinds of other stuff faster!

This is how really stupid economic policy demonizes entire groups of people. The same groups saying "hey look at that, student loans help you buy houses!" will be decrying idiot millennials for taking out money to buy things they can't afford
I’ll leave it to readers to evaluate the irony of your accusation that I read the video content in bad faith.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #218 on: March 05, 2019, 05:30:14 PM »
[edit]

This poster appears to have had a "vacation" of sorts for a few months... Immediately upon return resurrecting a thread that may have caused said vacation. So I'd be careful to jump into much of a debate with them.

I entirely agree with you, by the way. I have been blessed in my own journey past crushing student loan debt, but I still identify with people that are perplexed by some of the antiquated stereotypes and inability to default to empathy that seems to dominate public discourse... and especially the anonymous internet.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #219 on: March 18, 2019, 08:48:11 AM »
Very stressed apparently

Slow WiFi and broken phones, having to sit in traffic

https://www.studyfinds.org/survey-millennials-life-more-stressful-than-ever-before/

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #220 on: March 18, 2019, 09:29:25 AM »
This is sound from my experience.  You and I are probably in a similar age group.  The opportunities right now are amazing for people.  Social media is one area that I believe causes younger people to feel like the world is on fire, and it isn't.  24 hours a day, bombarding your brain with stuff may not be a good deal.  World news events, skirmishes, natural disasters have always happened, but now they are delivered to people in minutes or seconds, often straight from the source without vetting by media.  That's the one area that I believe can have a corrupting influence on younger people today. Group think is the worst I have ever seen in my life. Tribal.

Our parents said the same thing about our television watching habits. They saw this new technology limiting our imagination, freedom and creativity by tying us to what was called the "idiot box."

Granted, technology has boosted the number, frequency and immediacy of communications available to Millennials. But, if you had gone back to 1965 and queried our 30-something parents about the "new" technology in our homes, chances their attitudes would have been about the same as our's is toward the Millennials.

Bottom line: The lesson my wife taught me will stick with me as I deal with the frustrations caused by the Millennials who work for me. "Just remember what you were like when you started out," she said.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #221 on: March 18, 2019, 09:46:35 AM »
Our parents said the same thing about our television watching habits. They saw this new technology limiting our imagination, freedom and creativity by tying us to what was called the "idiot box."

Granted, technology has boosted the number, frequency and immediacy of communications available to Millennials. But, if you had gone back to 1965 and queried our 30-something parents about the "new" technology in our homes, chances their attitudes would have been about the same as our's is toward the Millennials.

Bottom line: The lesson my wife taught me will stick with me as I deal with the frustrations caused by the Millennials who work for me. "Just remember what you were like when you started out," she said.

Great points. And not only that ...

Look around at who is attached to their phones -- not just Millennials. I see oldsters texting constantly, taking photos of their food and posting on Facebook, etc. Hell, many (most?) Millennials and younger won't even look at FB any more because the oldsters have taken it over.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #222 on: March 18, 2019, 10:13:11 AM »
Just flew for 7 hours over the atlantic, my seat mate, a millennial, said, "hi".

NWarsh

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #223 on: March 18, 2019, 10:33:46 AM »
Just flew for 7 hours over the atlantic, my seat mate, a millennial, said, "hi".

Because there are no other anti-social people in any other generation?  This is not a generational feature, this is an individual characteristic.  Some people just do not like to start up conversations with random people.  I was on a flight from Seattle to Milwaukee, sat next to a Millennial and had a great conversation the whole flight (which is uncharacteristic for me as I tend to be one of those people who would just like to read or listen to a podcast)

MU82

• All American
« Reply #224 on: March 18, 2019, 11:29:19 AM »
Went out to dinner 2 weeks ago with another couple. They were in their early-60s. We pull out of their subdivision and the woman is in a panic because she can't find her phone. She insists her husband goes back to get it. She comes back out of the house with it, gets in the car and says, "Thank God!" It makes a chirping noise about 20 times during dinner -- various texts (which she answers each time) and notifications about posts she's getting on FB, "breaking news," etc.

After we get home, we notice that we've been tagged, along with photos of what she had for dinner.

Damn Millennials.