Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Women's game shifted to Fiserv Forum  (Read 6872 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: Women's game shifted to Fiserv Forum
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2018, 07:33:09 AM »
Wades
Rest assured, my feelings are far from hurt. For the record, I had no idea there was such a thing as Barstool Marquette and the student letter was shared to me by my 25 year old son.
I only pointed out the BS because you attacked another poster pretty hard on the thread started by me. I’m not much of thread starter and found the letter funny.
As for your post, I am glad you shared it because I had not seen the interior picture. Just thought it was a tad ironic based off your comments on BS on my thread.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2018, 09:09:51 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bqn0bvGHp8z/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1wc6rniawb154

Does anyone know whether the car actually made it onto the competition playing surface?  Or did it stop where it landed in an area that I presume is under the bleaches when they're pulled out.  Is the playing surface damaged?
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2018, 09:16:26 AM »
Does anyone know whether the car actually made it onto the competition playing surface?  Or did it stop where it landed in an area that I presume is under the bleaches when they're pulled out.  Is the playing surface damaged?

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2018, 09:21:03 AM »

Wow.  Well, that answers that.  The playing surface "looks" okay.  I hope it is.  The Taraflex wasn't out, which I think would be a little more fragile and susceptible to tearing.  I'd imagine that the spot where the car hit when it dropped down to the floor would be the most likely to be damaged.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 09:25:35 AM by StillAWarrior »
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2018, 09:32:39 AM »
Wades
Rest assured, my feelings are far from hurt. For the record, I had no idea there was such a thing as Barstool Marquette and the student letter was shared to me by my 25 year old son.
I only pointed out the BS because you attacked another poster pretty hard on the thread started by me. I’m not much of thread starter and found the letter funny.
As for your post, I am glad you shared it because I had not seen the interior picture. Just thought it was a tad ironic based off your comments on BS on my thread.

If me calling out an adult alum for liking comments of 18-22 year olds and posting comments mocking our players for doing community service is BS then I'm glad to dish out BS all day.  And apparently the poster agreed as he has been nowhere to be found and his Instagram was quickly deleted.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2018, 09:42:56 AM »
Obviously a Badger fan

Terrible defense by the Al, Brad Davidson would have drawn a charge

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2018, 09:59:14 AM »
The volleyball team earn their first ever national seed. That place must be ready by Friday.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Goose

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2018, 10:19:06 AM »
Hey Wades

FYI---I meant to say BR (BleacherReport) and not BS.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2018, 10:54:30 AM »
Wades
I thought you were anti Barstool? If so, why are you posting BS instagram posts? Cracks me up that when I posted MU student wanted Wojo’s job you jumped on me about the student wasted time and wanting attention. That sounds like most of your posts. Thanks for sharing the Instagram post from Barstool.

Admittedly, Barstool is trash and should never be reposted ever.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2018, 01:00:24 PM »
That's messed up!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2018, 01:05:50 PM »
Hey Wades

FYI---I meant to say BR (BleacherReport) and not BS.

Got it.  You're right then, it was BS, in Barstool.  Wasn't thinking about the shorthand for that.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Goose

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2018, 01:15:51 PM »
wades

My bad...goes to show you my time spent on either site.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2018, 01:47:23 PM »
Anywon call David Gruber @ (414) 276-6666? Dis iz sum series chit innsurance-wise. MU should have da best reprecentation, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2018, 01:59:43 PM »
The Women's game against UWM has been relocated to UWM.

https://gomarquette.com/news/2018/11/26/womens-basketball-wbb-moves-wednesdays-home-game-to-uwm.aspx

Side Note: I admittedly haven't been to that part of campus in many years, but is there any reason why the game couldn't have been held at the Old Gym?
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

source?

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2018, 02:05:42 PM »

https://gomarquette.com/news/2018/11/26/womens-basketball-wbb-moves-wednesdays-home-game-to-uwm.aspx

Side Note: I admittedly haven't been to that part of campus in many years, but is there any reason why the game couldn't have been held at the Old Gym?

Just a guess but it's probably not up to standards for D1 ball. UWM's Klotsche Center isn't bad after the updates a few years ago. It should be fine.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2018, 05:54:02 PM »

Where would all the fans sit?

Have some patience, FFS.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2018, 06:03:29 PM »

While the Women's games admittedly don't draw a ton of fans, they draw too many for the Old Gym.  I remember sitting on the floor in there the last year they played home games in there in the 1994-95 season.  UWM doesn't draw very well and I don't think it will be a huge impact on Marquette to go to UWM to play this one.  This is a team MU should beat easily no matter where they play them.  I think it makes sense to move the game there - not much travel they have to do obviously.  Then the Al will be ready for volleyball Friday and for the next MU Women's home game on Sunday.

feedback