Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: IU Game Thread  (Read 35819 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: IU Game Thread
« Reply #325 on: November 14, 2018, 10:02:12 PM »
You’re right.  You aren’t a lurker our to hate. You make lots of idiotic posts and for me not to remember all the crap posts you’ve had, I apologize.

F*ck off though?  Someone needs a timeout.

Haha if I'm the idiot in your world view I can certainly live with that and wear that badge proudly. I appeciate your apology though.

Go ahead report it, if the mods deem it fit they can put me in my place.
Maigh Eo for Sam

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #326 on: November 14, 2018, 10:02:57 PM »
How about a friendly wager?  If MU gets a bid, you start a threat titled "I'm eating crow ", if they don't, I'll start a thread with the same title and also include "wojo should be fired immediately". Fair?
Higher than a 10 seed and you have a deal. Bubble is same old same old to me.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #327 on: November 14, 2018, 10:05:08 PM »

I'll take that, although I'll note that you're shifting goalposts on your original "were NIT bound".
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #328 on: November 14, 2018, 10:05:46 PM »
How about a friendly wager?  If MU gets a bid, you start a threat titled "I'm eating crow ", if they don't, I'll start a thread with the same title and also include "wojo should be fired immediately". Fair?

Wojo's best team in 5 years and "getting a bid" should be applauded?? That should be expected.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #329 on: November 14, 2018, 10:06:00 PM »

Goalposts, moving quickly.

Dis guy will be banned, don't make the bet.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #330 on: November 14, 2018, 10:06:19 PM »
I'll take that, although I'll note that you're shifting goalposts on your original "were NIT bound".
I still think so but I wouldn’t put a lucky bubble bid and first round exit out of any sort of equation. And if that happens Wojo should still be fired tbh.

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #331 on: November 14, 2018, 10:07:39 PM »
I am suddenly intrigued...

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #332 on: November 14, 2018, 10:08:08 PM »
Previous seasons have nothing to do with tonight, in case you didn't notice Henry ain't out there.

Come on, there are trends that are getting pretty noticeable. Markus had a bad shooting night against UMBC; people knew not to worry and that he'd bounce back - why? Because of experience from prior seasons. We struggled in all facets of the game tonight, which is concerning - why? Because this is the same experience we've had so many times in previous seasons.

At some point, even the most ardent Wojo supporters need to face reality when he doesn't prepare the team well enough to win. Tonight may not be proof that he's in over his head, but the trends we've seen from his teams can't be ignored.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #333 on: November 14, 2018, 10:08:29 PM »
Don’t you have some ants to burn with a magnifying glass or puppies to kick or something?
New parameter up to 10 points. OT win always considered 1 point win
Goal is National Championship

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #334 on: November 14, 2018, 10:10:21 PM »
True, but there were also the usual poor fundamentals and soft defense that we have grown so accustomed to over the past few years.

Amen. We have some awesome shooters but we ONLY look like a good team when our shots are falling. To me that's not the mark of a well coached team. Buzz had some clunkers (all coached do) but his teams won a lot of games a lot of different ways. Comical when folks try to compare his coaching acumen to Wojo's.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 10:21:04 PM by Lennys Tap »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #335 on: November 14, 2018, 10:20:07 PM »

Is this board always like this after a loss?  Crazy time.

It can get ugly. One guy (long since banned) called our lads "dogs who peed down their legs" after a tough loss. Hard to believe for an even keel newbie like yourself I'm sure - but I swear it happened

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #336 on: November 14, 2018, 10:21:30 PM »
It can get ugly. One guy (long since banned) called our lads "dogs who peed down their legs" after a tough loss. Hard to believe for an even keel newbie like yourself I'm sure - but I swear it happened

Based on what I am reading, calls for firings and the sorts, seems like anything is possible.  People need to take a breath. It's a game.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

manny31

• Starter
« Reply #337 on: November 14, 2018, 10:23:02 PM »
Come on, there are trends that are getting pretty noticeable. Markus had a bad shooting night against UMBC; people knew not to worry and that he'd bounce back - why? Because of experience from prior seasons. We struggled in all facets of the game tonight, which is concerning - why? Because this is the same experience we've had so many times in previous seasons.

At some point, even the most ardent Wojo supporters need to face reality when he doesn't prepare the team well enough to win. Tonight may not be proof that he's in over his head, but the trends we've seen from his teams can't be ignored.

This...especially the last paragraph. Trends...Rooting for Wojo but seems like the same old stuff, some nights are not your night but you can always make them earn it. I absolutely hate hate the softness.
Judging by this game MU isn't a tournament team. There can be much improvement between now and March but judging from where MU is starting I need to temper my expectations. I would put them in the old gym in white t's and crappy shorts until further notice.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #338 on: November 14, 2018, 10:26:55 PM »
I still think so but I wouldn’t put a lucky bubble bid and first round exit out of any sort of equation. And if that happens Wojo should still be fired tbh.

You've now shifted goalposts twice.  I'm still more than willing to take your secondary bet.  9 seed or better, I win, 10 seed, or worse/NIT/CBI/ no postseason, you win.  If your're in, let me know (and someone teach me how to set that as my sig.).  If not, then

that's all I need to know about you.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 11:03:52 PM by Its DJOver »
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #339 on: November 14, 2018, 10:40:22 PM »
Wojo's best team in 5 years and "getting a bid" should be applauded?? That should be expected.

I agree, that's why I took his bet (hopefully, he might still back out).  He could have bumped it up a couple of lines, and I still would have taken it.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #340 on: November 14, 2018, 10:47:22 PM »
“It’s one season guys let’s see how next year goes”

Nope. This is the year. If we don't have a successful season I'm out on Wojo. I also am not gonna judge based on one game. Buzz's best teams got hammered. Nobody remembers Vanderbilt in 11-12? Nova/Dayton in 08-09? Louisville in 10-11? Georgetown in 09-10? @ Florida and @ GB in 12-13?

It happens every year. If it continues through this year, Wojo should be gone. But I think we'll be fine.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #341 on: November 14, 2018, 10:58:39 PM »
I am suddenly intrigued...
Wager is available to you too, if you want it???

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #342 on: November 14, 2018, 11:01:10 PM »
Nope. This is the year. If we don't have a successful season I'm out on Wojo. I also am not gonna judge based on one game. Buzz's best teams got hammered. Nobody remembers Vanderbilt in 11-12? Nova/Dayton in 08-09? Louisville in 10-11? Georgetown in 09-10? @ Florida and @ GB in 12-13?

It happens every year. If it continues through this year, Wojo should be gone. But I think we'll be fine.

Exactly this. You aren't going to find anyone in the "wait til next year" camp this year. This has always been the year. Barring catastrophic injuries, Wojo is expected to deliver this season. I think we will be fine too.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #343 on: November 14, 2018, 11:06:51 PM »
Is it next year yet? :-\
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #344 on: November 14, 2018, 11:11:27 PM »
The question, TAMU, is what (using a term you love) is Wojo's (acceptable) floor, this year?

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #345 on: November 14, 2018, 11:14:28 PM »
The question, TAMU, is what (using a term you love) is Wojo's (acceptable) floor, this year?

My floor (the basement) is 4th in big east last 4 in, one ncaa win.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #346 on: November 14, 2018, 11:15:05 PM »

I'm not TAMU but I certainly think a tournament berth is the absolute minimum. A bubble team that wins a few games in the tournament probably saves him. But personally I think if this team isn't a top 32 team then Wojo will never get us where we want to be.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #347 on: November 15, 2018, 07:03:12 AM »
Floor? Comfortable bubble team. Like a 9 seed. Lower than that and I'll be concerned
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #348 on: November 15, 2018, 09:12:56 AM »
Good analysis.  Quickness / athleticism lacking, toughness, too.  Toughness can be taught, not the other part.
[/quote

Disagree. Toughness is a characteristic of a person. Most tough players were not taught to be tough. It is how they are. MU needs some of the type of players Al recruited. Other than Theo,  I see no toughness in the returning players.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #349 on: November 15, 2018, 02:11:55 PM »
Good analysis.  Quickness / athleticism lacking, toughness, too.  Toughness can be taught, not the other part.
[/quote

Disagree. Toughness is a characteristic of a person. Most tough players were not taught to be tough. It is how they are. MU needs some of the type of players Al recruited. Other than Theo,  I see no toughness in the returning players.

I would say Sacar is tough, not big but tough
Goal is National Championship