[Today at 04:49:35 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Shooter McGavin
[June 14, 2024, 11:05:04 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by mug644
[June 14, 2024, 11:02:51 PM]

2024-25 Roster by El Guerrero 2
[June 14, 2024, 10:37:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: IU Game Thread  (Read 36310 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: IU Game Thread
« Reply #275 on: November 14, 2018, 09:38:00 PM »
I just don’t remember one time in the last 5 years thinking that we are a well coached team. I don’t think you have to be a good team to be well coached. We seem to have all the talent to be a top 25 team this year, and yet I don’t recall one easy basket tonight set up by our offense. Lots of one on one tonight and difficult shots.

Speed matters. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #276 on: November 14, 2018, 09:38:12 PM »
selective memory, Ohio State, Florida, UNC, Louisvile, Vanderbilt off the top of my head we were completely blown out the gym

Over the course of his tenure...Wojo's teams have that many in a season. Look, when this is supposed to be your best team in 5 years and you get your doors blown off to a young team, and show very little intestinal fortitude, don't you think there's something wrong?? They are staring at 3-3 by the end of next week...should that be acceptable in Wojo's 5th year, with his best team?? Yes, it's early..but this game has shown the same mistakes they made all year last year...that should NEVER happen 5 years into it.

The thing is with those blow outs under buzz, the teams they got blown out by were generally better, AND Buzz's teams would always rebound after a blow out and play a pretty damn good game next time out. So i guess, if they keep it within 12-14 of Kansas, we'll be proud of their effort?? Great.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 09:41:27 PM by muguru »
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Fred Garvin

• All American
« Reply #277 on: November 14, 2018, 09:38:16 PM »
It's only 3 games,but I haven't seen anything from Bailey,Joseph, and Morrow

mumagz84

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #278 on: November 14, 2018, 09:38:26 PM »
Frickin embarrassing! If this team does not make the tourney, which I believe it will, Wojo needs to go.

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #279 on: November 14, 2018, 09:38:46 PM »
What was that, they never seem ready to play hard from the get-go, I blame that on Wojo

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #280 on: November 14, 2018, 09:39:44 PM »
Previous seasons have nothing to do with tonight,

Can't agree with you on this statement.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #281 on: November 14, 2018, 09:39:48 PM »
Previous seasons have nothing to do with tonight, in case you didn't notice Henry ain't out there.
Yes, yes! Now you’ve nailed it! Henry being one and done is the reason Wojo’s teams have massively underachieved for 5 years!

I wonder if you’re hearing yourself. Tonight’s game has EVERYTHING to do with previous seasons. Familiar bugaboos that just won’t go away! Embarrassment in the most important moment! Underachieving against a team we should be beating or at least competing against! It’s all the same! Same same same same same!

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #282 on: November 14, 2018, 09:40:12 PM »
The clock must be counting up when I'm not looking

Afroman

• All American
« Reply #283 on: November 14, 2018, 09:40:28 PM »
They peed down their leg and played terrified shortly after the opening tip. That's on the coach.

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #284 on: November 14, 2018, 09:41:27 PM »

warriorstrack

• All American
  • Keep the wallet in the pocket
« Reply #285 on: November 14, 2018, 09:41:55 PM »
It’s fair to be disappointed in this game when it seems to be a recurring theme, the MU apologists (at times I am one) will say we are in game 3 of the season, but come on... the eye test is awful, you can’t put lipstick on this game, Whoah, yikes.  Still a lot of season to turn the boat around, but yikes, this was bad!  Yes I said yikes again, so much hope to see a team fight tonight, only to be disappointed win or lose, this was something different, it was a deflating loss, I would have been happy with a valiant effort.  Still a lot of the season left, Go Marquette.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #286 on: November 14, 2018, 09:41:59 PM »
Yes, from time to time they did, it happens. But..the biggest thing is, even when they did, they would fight and would go on runs at some point to at least make games somewhat interesting...there have been too many of these under Wojo in year 5 now..Losing is one thing, but to get your doors blown off by a middle of the pack Big ten 10 is utterly embarrassing(no, it's ZERO consolation Nova got blown out too). Given the expectations etc, this is one of the WORST showings in 5 years under Wojo...year 5, his best team(supposedly), and this is the showing they give?? SOMETHING is very wrong.

Your memory must be better than mine, but I remember it differently.  When North Carolina was up by 31 points in the second half, I suppose that is when we went on a run and started competing?

https://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/gametracker/playbyplay/NCAAB_20110325_MARQET@NC

You seem angry.  We lost an early season game against a team that is better than us on the road.  Now let's see what the team is made of and how they respond.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #287 on: November 14, 2018, 09:42:21 PM »
Over the course of his tenure...Wojo's teams have that many in a season. Loom, when this is supposed to be your best team in 5 years and you get your doors blown off to a young team, and show very little intestinal fortitude, don't you think there's something wrong?? They are staring at 3-3 by the end of next week...should that be acceptable in Wojo's 5th year, with his best team?? Yes, it's early..but this game has shown the same mistakes they made all year last year...that should NEVER happen 5 years into it.

I'm extremely disappointed and unlike you I'm up till 4am to watch this crap so I have a legit reason to be upset.

I am saying your assertion that Buzz's team never got blown out is wrong. Even his best team (11-12) got smacked hard at home to Vanderbilt and in year 5 got smacked by a pretty average Florida team.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #288 on: November 14, 2018, 09:43:01 PM »
It's only 3 games,but I haven't seen anything from Bailey,Joseph, and Morrow

1 point, 5 boards, 2 assists

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #289 on: November 14, 2018, 09:43:10 PM »
Yes, yes! Now you’ve nailed it! Henry being one and done is the reason Wojo’s teams have massively underachieved for 5 years!

I wonder if you’re hearing yourself. Tonight’s game has EVERYTHING to do with previous seasons. Familiar bugaboos that just won’t go away! Embarrassment in the most important moment! Underachieving against a team we should be beating or at least competing against! It’s all the same! Same same same same same!

If you think the most important moment of a season is in November, that's all I need to know about you.
I'll stick with my opinion on Gold.  He'll be in foul trouble within the first eight minutes.

mumagz84

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #290 on: November 14, 2018, 09:43:27 PM »
Beautiful! The scrubs come in for IU and MU is down by 25. Pretty sad for a ranked team. Smh

muguru

• All American
« Reply #291 on: November 14, 2018, 09:43:44 PM »
What's sad is this same Indiana team will look TERRIBLE against a mediocre at best UW team this year...you watch.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #292 on: November 14, 2018, 09:43:52 PM »
side question: i know this will be Q1 loss, but does the margin of victory trump that?  I suspect same will happen against Kansas, probably much worse.  Point is, did we over-schedule?

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #293 on: November 14, 2018, 09:44:17 PM »

Don’t you have some ants to burn with a magnifying glass or puppies to kick or something?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #294 on: November 14, 2018, 09:44:27 PM »
We have some good basketball players (Markus, the Hausers) and some really good shooters (Sam, Markus) but we're way too slow and not nearly athletic enough. And 5 years in we're still not tough enough.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #295 on: November 14, 2018, 09:44:51 PM »
Nice, kept them under 100

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #296 on: November 14, 2018, 09:45:04 PM »
Ha! Take that freaking Hoosiers! NO 100 TODAY!!

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #297 on: November 14, 2018, 09:45:31 PM »
We have some good basketball players (Markus, the Hausers) and some really good shooters (Sam, Markus) but we're way too slow and not nearly athletic enough. And 5 years in we're still not tough enough.

Not sure we can say Markus is a good shooter after UMBC and tonight
Maigh Eo for Sam

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #298 on: November 14, 2018, 09:45:41 PM »
If you think the most important moment of a season is in November, that's all I need to know about you.
If this were the first season Wojo skeptics were saying this, you might be right. If this were the second season Wojo skeptics were saying this, you might have an argument. If this were the fifth season Wojo skeptics were saying this, you might be completely insane.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #299 on: November 14, 2018, 09:46:03 PM »

Good analysis.  Quickness / athleticism lacking, toughness, too.  Toughness can be taught, not the other part.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato