[April 26, 2024, 10:47:48 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFL 2018-19 2.0  (Read 132132 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: NFL 2018-19 2.0
« Reply #975 on: February 23, 2019, 01:10:14 PM »
New names rumored

Tiger (lives two miles away)

JW Childs, $4 billion VC in Boston

John Havens, former COO of Citigroup

More coming

Childs and Havens aren't rumored, they've already been named. Childs has a mugshot online.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #976 on: February 23, 2019, 01:30:39 PM »
So why were all these high net worth individuals attracted to this run-of-the-mill strip mall with this run-of-the-mill massage parlor?  Is it just a coincidence and word of mouth, or was there something else going on as well?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #977 on: February 23, 2019, 02:27:07 PM »
So why were all these high net worth individuals attracted to this run-of-the-mill strip mall with this run-of-the-mill massage parlor?  Is it just a coincidence and word of mouth, or was there something else going on as well?

My question is how many of them will do serious time in jail. Also, who is the mystery name that somehow was even able to keep their name off the list.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #978 on: February 23, 2019, 02:35:00 PM »
My question is how many of them will do serious time in jail. Also, who is the mystery name that somehow was even able to keep their name off the list.

None of them. They’re charged with misdemeanors.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #979 on: February 23, 2019, 02:55:43 PM »

These are misdemeanors, not felonies.  They pay a fine.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #980 on: February 23, 2019, 02:57:00 PM »
None of them. They’re charged with misdemeanors.

Well, how many of them will do jail time at all? The crimes are punishable by up to 60 days in jail, per offense. Kraft  is already facing two charges (total possible jail time of 120 days), and may face more as he was considered "a regular" at the spa.

In my opinion, these people should all be thrown in jail.

These are misdemeanors, not felonies.  They pay a fine.

Punishable by up to 60 days in jail per offense. They should get the maximum.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #981 on: February 23, 2019, 03:06:44 PM »
Well, how many of them will do jail time at all? The crimes are punishable by up to 60 days in jail, per offense. Kraft  is already facing two charges (total possible jail time of 120 days), and may face more as he was considered "a regular" at the spa.

You're funny.

They aren't some poor black guys who have to use an overworked, underpaid public defender -- who has to publicly defend dozens of other poor black guys every day.

They are rich white dudes who can pay for the best lawyers ... and can even buy their sons bone spurs, if need be.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #982 on: February 23, 2019, 04:02:44 PM »

Jail terms on first-time misdemeanors are exceptionally rare, regardless of who the defendant is. If anything, these guys are more likely than an average Joe to get jail time because these are such high-profile cases and the state won't want to make it appear they're giving them a break (well, unless you're Jeff Epstein, perhaps).
But I wouldn't expect Kraft or anyone else here to go to jail on a first offense.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #983 on: February 23, 2019, 04:26:07 PM »

Young girls. Young.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #984 on: February 23, 2019, 05:09:09 PM »

First time misdemeanor charge, not going to happen and race has nothing to do with it MU82.  Sigh
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #985 on: February 23, 2019, 09:42:23 PM »
You're funny.

They aren't some poor black guys who have to use an overworked, underpaid public defender -- who has to publicly defend dozens of other poor black guys every day.

They are rich white dudes who can pay for the best lawyers ... and can even buy their sons bone spurs, if need be.

either this should be in teal or it's a trolling ridiculous statement deserving of a...awww, never mind
don't...don't don't don't don't

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #986 on: February 23, 2019, 09:48:47 PM »
Jail terms on first-time misdemeanors are exceptionally rare, regardless of who the defendant is. If anything, these guys are more likely than an average Joe to get jail time because these are such high-profile cases and the state won't want to make it appear they're giving them a break (well, unless you're Jeff Epstein, perhaps).
But I wouldn't expect Kraft or anyone else here to go to jail on a first offense.

Since he is facing two counts, does the 2nd one count as a "2nd offense". If so, Florida law requires a minimum of 10-days in jail.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #987 on: February 23, 2019, 11:55:58 PM »
either this should be in teal or it's a trolling ridiculous statement deserving of a...awww, never mind

Yogi, only he is able to call others, trolls.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #988 on: February 24, 2019, 01:23:59 PM »
Since he is facing two counts, does the 2nd one count as a "2nd offense". If so, Florida law requires a minimum of 10-days in jail.

Not likely.
Practically speaking, if the state does have the goods on Kraft, it's most likely this ends in some kind of plea deal that doesn't involve an admission of guilt (i.e. a no contest plea) and a sentence that keeps a conviction off his record, such as court supervision. I'm not sure anybody benefits from an expensive trial.
Even if this were to go to trial and he's found guilty, for sentencing purposes I would expect it to enter as a single conviction.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #989 on: February 24, 2019, 03:07:13 PM »
So a Joe Ricketts role

Joe Ricketts has nothing to do with the team, doesn’t even like baseball, lives in Jackson Hole, and maybe attends one or two games a year.

So yes, a Joe Ricketts role.
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #990 on: February 24, 2019, 08:13:04 PM »
Gang, this one is going to be a bad one before it's over.

Four separate Florida jurisdictions have launched probes related to massage parlors. Locals down here are shaking in their tracks. One of the people named is a billionaire head of a philanthropic organization in Indian River County. Kraft may well be the tip of the iceberg.

It will be interesting to see how the NFL deals with this one. Bob Kraft is arguably the most successful NFL owner in recent history and is up there with the Rooneys, Halas/McCaskeys, Maras, Jerry Jones etc. By most standards, his franchise should be in doubt and the Commissioner should be calling him on the carpet to sell. I share MU82's thought that this is unlikely.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #991 on: February 24, 2019, 09:41:05 PM »

Four separate Florida jurisdictions have launched probes related to massage parlors. Locals down here are shaking in their tracks. One of the people named is a billionaire head of a philanthropic organization in Indian River County. Kraft may well be the tip of the iceberg.

It will be interesting to see how the NFL deals with this one. Bob Kraft is arguably the most successful NFL owner in recent history and is up there with the Rooneys, Halas/McCaskeys, Maras, Jerry Jones etc. By most standards, his franchise should be in doubt and the Commissioner should be calling him on the carpet to sell. I share MU82's thought that this is unlikely.

I agree. I think there is more here than we are seeing now.

Why were rich powerful men going to a strip mall for sex? It just doesn’t make sense on the surface.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #992 on: February 25, 2019, 12:54:11 AM »

Jonathan will take over, Kraft won’t have to sell unless things get insanely bad.  His son will take ove4 and is well regarded by NFL owners.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #993 on: February 25, 2019, 06:34:40 AM »
I agree. I think there is more here than we are seeing now.

Why were rich powerful men going to a strip mall for sex? It just doesn’t make sense on the surface.
Sex addiction is a real diagnosis. Their arousal template may have them gravitate to young asian women.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #994 on: February 25, 2019, 09:27:21 AM »

Why do some guys like dressing up like a baby or being treated like a horse or being whizzed on?
When it comes to what gets a person off, best to throw all logic or expectations of common sense out the window.
Maybe the seediness of the whole thing is exactly why Kraft was going there.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #995 on: February 25, 2019, 09:30:00 AM »
remember, Kraft denies it even cryptically suggesting he was set up.
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #996 on: February 25, 2019, 09:40:31 AM »
Classic denial and gaslighting

reinko

• All American
« Reply #997 on: February 25, 2019, 10:31:56 AM »

He denies anything illegal happened, so I read his denial as saying is what happened was consensual and not illegal.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #998 on: February 25, 2019, 10:55:43 AM »
He denies anything illegal happened, so I read his denial as saying is what happened was consensual and not illegal.

Consensual or not, if he paid for it, it's illegal.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #999 on: February 25, 2019, 11:03:46 AM »
Consensual or not, if he paid for it, it's illegal.

I ain’t making that argument, but his denial is that he did nothing illegal.