[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFL 2018-19 2.0  (Read 131825 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: NFL 2018-19 2.0
« Reply #825 on: February 11, 2019, 01:52:08 PM »
All write, heer wee all go again. NFL will sign any peace of meet dat can catch, throw, or run wit a stupidly shaped ball. Maebee, Rae Carruth still has sum eligility left, hey?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 02:25:35 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #826 on: February 11, 2019, 01:52:45 PM »
Proving the point if you can play well, you will be signed despite your beliefs.  If you can’t play, you get no favors even if you “sacrificed” everything.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #827 on: February 11, 2019, 01:53:00 PM »
Baseball will be there if football doesn't work.  The opposite is likely not true.
There have been guys who tried baseball first and then went the football route, i.e. Drew Henson, Chris Weinke, Chad Hutchison and, of course, Bo. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #828 on: February 11, 2019, 01:54:35 PM »
Proving the point if you can play well, you will be signed despite your beliefs.  If you can’t play, you get no favors even if you “sacrificed” everything.

If you're implying that Kaepernick isn't playing because of his abilities, and not his beliefs, then please never comment on football again.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #829 on: February 11, 2019, 01:57:16 PM »
So much for Kareem Hunt to the Bears.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #830 on: February 11, 2019, 02:16:05 PM »
If you're implying that Kaepernick isn't playing because of his abilities, and not his beliefs, then please never comment on football again.

Guys that have spoken up, kneeled, been a pain in the side of the NfL playing for millions....because they are good players.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #831 on: February 11, 2019, 02:43:53 PM »
Guys that have spoken up, kneeled, been a pain in the side of the NfL playing for millions....because they are good players.

Got it.
Nathan Peterman, Christian Hackenberg, Cody Kessler, Geno Smith, Blaine Gabbert, among others, are good enough to get multiple NFL chances, but Kapernick isn't.
Like I said, stop commenting on football.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #832 on: February 11, 2019, 03:03:25 PM »
$22million contract.  Because that’s what someone said it was worth to pay, that’s how it works....despite his actions and comments that the league does not share, including the Drug testing conspiracy comments. If someone else has zero offers, well that should tell you something.

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #833 on: February 12, 2019, 11:45:12 AM »
So much for Kareem Hunt to the Bears.

Here we go, Brownies!  Chubb-Hunt-Johnson, elite backfield.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #834 on: February 12, 2019, 11:48:12 AM »
All write, heer wee all go again. NFL will sign any peace of meet dat can catch, throw, or run wit a stupidly shaped ball. Maebee, Rae Carruth still has sum eligility left, hey?

Yes, because a guy who murdered his wife is the exact same as a guy who kneels during the anthem.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TinyTimsLittleBrother

• Starter
« Reply #835 on: February 12, 2019, 12:05:32 PM »
To a lot of arbys, arbying during the arbys is much more arbys than arbying at arbys.

edited.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 12:38:22 PM by mu_hilltopper »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #836 on: February 12, 2019, 12:39:17 PM »
In before the 2nd 2018 NFL thread is locked.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #837 on: February 12, 2019, 12:57:51 PM »
Kareem Hunt has a job.   Colin Kaepernick does not.   It is easy to say right now because it is February and I may relax by fall, but I can definitely picture not watching a minute of the NFL next season.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #838 on: February 12, 2019, 02:26:44 PM »
Kareem Hunt has a job.   Colin Kaepernick does not.   It is easy to say right now because it is February and I may relax by fall, but I can definitely picture not watching a minute of the NFL next season.   

We have had plenty of proof by now. Standing up for human rights is much worse than assaulting women. Always been that way - maybe always will be.

As far as watching football, I understand what you are saying. I used to watch all day Sunday + Monday night (not to mention a lot of college football). This past year, I watched GB games until they were eliminated. Nothing else. No pro or college.

Maybe it is where I am in life. I have everything I need and almost everything I want. Life is no longer about me. Family and social justice are all that matters. My focus is on making life better for those who weren't as lucky as I was.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #839 on: February 12, 2019, 10:44:32 PM »
We have had plenty of proof by now. Standing up for human rights is much worse than assaulting women. Always been that way - maybe always will be.

As far as watching football, I understand what you are saying. I used to watch all day Sunday + Monday night (not to mention a lot of college football). This past year, I watched GB games until they were eliminated. Nothing else. No pro or college.

Maybe it is where I am in life. I have everything I need and almost everything I want. Life is no longer about me. Family and social justice are all that matters. My focus is on making life better for those who weren't as lucky as I was.

Admirable, brand. I'm rooting for you to do just that, my friend.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #840 on: February 12, 2019, 11:13:53 PM »

Beat a woman, Rape a woman (Kobe Bryant, quote "I understand that she did not consent to this encounter"), and you keep your job.

Kneel for the anthem. Pariah.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #841 on: February 13, 2019, 08:05:32 AM »
Wait are people really saying that a washed up ex starting quarterback who only stood up as a way to get attention while he was 3rd stringer is the same as Kareem hunt, the most explosive running back currently in the game? The media attention around them both isn't good (really any crazy amounts aren't good for teams ala Tim Tebow)

They made a simple decision. The media circus around hunt is worth it for his play but kaps most definitely is not.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #842 on: February 13, 2019, 08:50:51 AM »
Beat a woman, Rape a woman (Kobe Bryant, quote "I understand that she did not consent to this encounter"), and you keep your job.

Kneel for the anthem. Pariah.

Kill a woman and remain a Senator like Ted and be idolized for years.  All kinds of examples if you truly wish to go there

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #843 on: February 13, 2019, 09:04:17 AM »
Honestly, when watching a game on Sunday, you aren’t seeing the video of what Hunt did. You are seeing Kaepernick kneeling. Not saying that’s right at all, but I wonder if that’s where the double standard is and why some are willing to look past Hunt.

Kaepernick actually had a decent year for that last 8 games. He wasn’t at the level when he was leading them to the Super Bowl, but was performing better than Peterman.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #844 on: February 13, 2019, 09:21:05 AM »
Kill a woman and remain a Senator like Ted and be idolized for years.  All kinds of examples if you truly wish to go there

Well, nobody brought politics into this until you did.

Kaepernick actually had a decent year for that last 8 games. He wasn’t at the level when he was leading them to the Super Bowl, but was performing better than Peterman.

This. If Kaepernick is "washed up," then all but about 15-20 QBs in the NFL are double-washed-up.

Meanwhile, here's a fun NFL-related story about a Panthers player who used a 'rasslin' move to subdue a criminal:

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article226004705.html?#emlnl=Panthers&id=bWlrZW5hZGVsQHNiY2dsb2JhbC5uZXQ=

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #845 on: February 13, 2019, 09:24:13 AM »
Well, nobody brought politics into this until you did.

False.  Read the thread.  You just don’t like that an example was given even worse then what Hunt did and said example was lionized for years.  That was the point, there are examples aplenty of people doing repulsive things and somehow being put on a pedestal, sometimes for decades.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #846 on: February 13, 2019, 09:53:02 AM »
Wait are people really saying that a washed up ex starting quarterback who only stood up as a way to get attention while he was 3rd stringer is the same as Kareem hunt, the most explosive running back currently in the game? The media attention around them both isn't good (really any crazy amounts aren't good for teams ala Tim Tebow)

They made a simple decision. The media circus around hunt is worth it for his play but kaps most definitely is not.

As with Cheeks, if you don't think Kaepernick is a good football player - and certainly not good enough to have a job in the NFL - just stop posting here because you're making a fool of yourself.
In his last NFL season - when you stupidly refer to him as a "3rd stringer" - he put up better numbers than Phil Rivers, Cam Newton, Eli Manning, Case Keenum, Joe Flacco, Carson Wentz and Jameis Winston, among others who have continued to be employed as NFL starters since. And he did it with arguably the worst supporting cast in the league.

But your final sentence is correct. NFL teams have decided the bad PR from signing a thug isn't as bad as the bad PR from signing Kaepernick. What's mind-boggling is that some idiots see that as an indictment of Kaepernick and not the league.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 09:55:26 AM by Pakuni »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #847 on: February 13, 2019, 09:53:43 AM »
Da Juice sez "peace and love" to y'all, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #848 on: February 13, 2019, 10:59:30 AM »

Ray Lewis would have been a better example.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #849 on: February 13, 2019, 11:02:13 AM »
Sorry gang, the NFL has a product to market. Its goal is to make money and somewhere some genius figured out that Colin Kapernick is poison to the NFL's demographic because of his political statements.

Now think about something. Suppose an employee used his or her position with your firm to advocate a position that was detrimental to your market position and profitability. I don't care what your politics are, it's a matter of using the corporate forum to advocate a position at odds with what the corporation does or stands for.

We had that happen in one of our offices recently where a staff member reportedly ridiculed the President of the United States. What he did in his off-hours is his own business, including campaigning for anyone he wants. But in an office where we have people of many different political persuasions and have to keep them all happy, his criticism was detrimental to our firm's corporate efforts. He was severely reprimanded and, if it happens again, he likely would be seeking alternative employment.

As a rule, corporations don't care what you do in your off-hours as long as you do it as an individual. Mr. Kapernick, God love him, used the NFL's product as a means of communicating displeasure with the government, which is at odds with a view held by a very sizeable number of NFL customers.

At day's end, Mr. Kapernick does what anyone in a free society can do. Find another job or, in the absence of another job, find another career.

feedback