[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFL 2018-19 2.0  (Read 131755 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: NFL 2018-19 2.0
« Reply #800 on: February 04, 2019, 07:54:28 AM »
McVay crapped his pants.

Being in the stands, it was like 80% Pats fans.  Felt like a home game.  Awful game, worse halftime show, nice stadium
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #801 on: February 04, 2019, 08:01:10 AM »
Edelman starts the year with a four game suspension for doping and ends the year and SB MVP and everyone loves him.

It is amazing how everyone gets truly outraged at doping in baseball, and all the secondary sports (track, cycling, etc) and seriously does not care about doping in Football.

He was booed roundly by the neutral and Rams fans whenever he was shown on the screen
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #802 on: February 04, 2019, 08:15:27 AM »
Brady's stats were unimpressive, but that's the kind of game it was -- defense-oriented, play for fiend position, try to run the ball, etc.

When it came to nut-cutting time, though, he threw three absolutely perfect passes -- as pretty as any pass can be thrown.

If I didn't already believe Brady was the best ever, I guess I could try to make my case that he did nothing special in this game.

But because I do believe Brady is the best ever, his intelligent handling of the game and his brilliance when his team needed him most helped demonstrate why he has won 6 Super Bowls and played in 9 of them.

Kind-of-related note ...

Interesting to me that in this super-low-scoring game of field position and defense, it was the most lopsided Super Bowl win the Patriots have had ... a margin of 10 whole points!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #803 on: February 04, 2019, 08:29:59 AM »
Being in the stands, it was like 80% Pats fans.  Felt like a home game.  Awful game, worse halftime show, nice stadium

The halftime show was terrible.

You give Belichick two weeks to prepare for a young quarterback and he's going to figure him out.  And unlike Philly last year, they never had a counter. Too bad the Saints didn't make it because Brees would have been much more capable.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #804 on: February 04, 2019, 08:36:38 AM »
Everyone loves the Patriots Super Bowl MVP? Lol good God do you go a long way to making yourself look foolish for a tiny bit of shock value attention man.

Whew .. as long as you call me stupid I know I'm on the right track.

FYI - MLB bans dopers from post-season.

Patriots 5 - 4 in nine super bowls and along the way ...

Spygate - Bust for videoing the opposing team

Walkthroughgate (2002) In 2008, the local Boston tabloid, The Boston Herald reported -- citing an unnamed and unverified source -- that the New England Patriots had videotaped the St. Louis Rams' February 2002 walkthrough practice prior to Super Bowl XXXVI.

IRgate in 2013 -  put false information about them on official injury reports. Brandon Spikes and Aqib Talib have both said since leaving New England in free agency that when they were on the Patriots last year, the team gave them injury designations that weren’t accurate.

Deflategate (2015), Brady suspended

Employed a murderer at tight-end, who was killed in prison.

Now has a doper as Superbowl MVP  In fact here are the other dopers since 2007

S Rodney Harrison (2007)
LB Brandon Spikes (2010)
DE Jermaine Cunningham (2012)
RB Brandon Boldin (2012)
DE Rob Ninkovich (2016)

This is a small sample of the cheating

https://yourteamcheats.com/NE

--------------------------------

The Patriots are like John Calipari ... love them when they win and this is "quirky anecdotes."  But, when they start to lose, they become Rick Pitino.

Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #805 on: February 04, 2019, 08:58:16 AM »
Too bad the Saints didn't make it because Brees would have been much more capable.

Maybe. Even probably.

Then again, the most accurate QB in history did throw an INT in OT of the NFC title game, a pick that helped make the no-call seem even worse than it was.

• All American
« Reply #806 on: February 04, 2019, 08:58:30 AM »

Walkthroughgate (2002) In 2008, the local Boston tabloid, The Boston Herald reported -- citing an unnamed and unverified source -- that the New England Patriots had videotaped the St. Louis Rams' February 2002 walkthrough practice prior to Super Bowl XXXVI.

IRgate in 2013 -  put false information about them on official injury reports. Brandon Spikes and Aqib Talib have both said since leaving New England in free agency that when they were on the Patriots last year, the team gave them injury designations that weren’t accurate.

S Rodney Harrison (2007)
LB Brandon Spikes (2010)
RB Brandon Boldin (2012)
DE Rob Ninkovich (2016)

The Patriots are like John Calipari ... love them when they win and this is "quirky anecdotes."  But, when they start to lose, they become Rick Pitino.

???  Who "loves" the Patriots outside of Boston?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #807 on: February 04, 2019, 08:59:15 AM »
Maybe. Even probably.

Then again, the most accurate QB in history did throw an INT in OT of the NFC title game, a pick that helped make the no-call seem even worse than it was.

Well his arm was hit but yeah I get your point.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #808 on: February 04, 2019, 09:11:02 AM »

I've been mortified by the number of bandwagoneers that I've met through the years.   People like to associate with winners.

Me .. when you are born, that's your team.  Ok, yes, you get to choose from teams around you (Jets/Giants, Sox/Cubs.) 

The *only* exception is that you can marry into a team.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #809 on: February 04, 2019, 09:21:04 AM »

S Rodney Harrison (2007)
LB Brandon Spikes (2010)
RB Brandon Boldin (2012)
DE Rob Ninkovich (2016)

When I read your initial post, I was confused about who you were referring to when you said, "everyone."  Based upon this follow-up, I guess that by "everyone" you meant the NFL and/or Pats fans?
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #810 on: February 04, 2019, 09:50:53 AM »

No one outside of Boston before the game.  Lots now that they won.

And the same applies to Edelman.  He is being praised all over the place.  Way more than the few cynics that point out he is a busted doper that used Brady's personal trainer Alex Gerrero.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 11:16:45 AM by Rick Majerus' Towel »
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #811 on: February 04, 2019, 10:06:59 AM »

The halftime show was terrible.

Apparently, Nickleback and Creed weren't available. :-\

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #812 on: February 04, 2019, 10:17:23 AM »
nh?

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #813 on: February 04, 2019, 11:33:56 AM »
Edelman starts the year with a four game suspension for doping and ends the year and SB MVP and everyone loves him.

It is amazing how everyone gets truly outraged at doping in baseball, and all the secondary sports (track, cycling, etc) and seriously does not care about doping in Football.

Edelman looked high AF on GMA this morning.  Couldn't even open one of his eyes.

Not dogging the guy, I'd be high AF if I won the super bowl.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #814 on: February 04, 2019, 01:28:57 PM »
Edelman looked high AF on GMA this morning.  Couldn't even open one of his eyes.

Not dogging the guy, I'd be high AF if I won the super bowl.

Probably withdrawal effects of all the PEDs they be pumping through their veins.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #815 on: February 04, 2019, 03:06:03 PM »

It's a phenomenon that has gone on for ages.  There are a lot of people my age in CT who are Cowboys, Steelers or Raiders fans.  In CT you have three local teams (Jets, Giants and Patriots although where I live it is really NY fandom) to choose from, but there are still a lot of people who picked their team based on who was successful when they were kids.  That's OK with me if you stick with it when the local teams get good.  I was dumb enough to select the Jets as my favorite team as a kid, and I won't change, but I'd have been a lot happier if I picked the Giants or the Patriots, I suppose.

I watched the game alone yesterday, and I was so bored I fell asleep in the fourth quarter.  When I fell asleep it was 3-3 and when I woke up New England was kicking off ahead 13-3.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #816 on: February 04, 2019, 03:27:35 PM »
The worst part about the game is that it wasn't even an intense defensive struggle wit the defenses making spectacular plays, everyone was just completely inept.

Sure there were some nice pass breakups down field, but none of those were anything game changing. Plus the two turnovers were just god awful throws.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #817 on: February 04, 2019, 03:31:12 PM »

Think you misunderstood his phrasing.  Vikings were (to quote Jay Bee) consensus division favorite last year.

"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

MU82

• All American
« Reply #818 on: February 04, 2019, 06:34:29 PM »
It's a phenomenon that has gone on for ages.  There are a lot of people my age in CT who are Cowboys, Steelers or Raiders fans.  In CT you have three local teams (Jets, Giants and Patriots although where I live it is really NY fandom) to choose from, but there are still a lot of people who picked their team based on who was successful when they were kids.  That's OK with me if you stick with it when the local teams get good.  I was dumb enough to select the Jets as my favorite team as a kid, and I won't change, but I'd have been a lot happier if I picked the Giants or the Patriots, I suppose.

I watched the game alone yesterday, and I was so bored I fell asleep in the fourth quarter.  When I fell asleep it was 3-3 and when I woke up New England was kicking off ahead 13-3.

I grew up in Connecticut and when I started to get into football, the Giants, Jets and Patriots all sucked and the Dolphins were big winners. And I loved Csonka. So I became a huge Dolphins fan. Stayed with them for many, many years. They were the last pro team in any sport I kept rooting for, but I dumped them when they forced out Shula.

I had no favorite team till I moved to Charlotte in 2010, when I thought it would be fun to be a fan again and I adopted the Panthers. It certainly wasn't me jumping on a winner's bandwagon -- that first year, with John Fox a lame-duck coach and Jimmy Clausen as the QB, the Panthers went 2-14.

Otherwise, I rooted for all NY teams as a kid -- Knicks, Yankees, Rangers. I stopped rooting for all pro teams (except the Dolphins) not long after I began my career. Then, eventually, the only teams I rooted for were Marquette and the teams my kids played on.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #819 on: February 04, 2019, 09:04:37 PM »

Think you misunderstood his phrasing.  Vikings were (to quote Jay Bee) consensus division favorite last year.

In my consensus opinion, the Bears were the favorites.    8-)

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #820 on: February 04, 2019, 11:03:31 PM »
In my consensus opinion, the Bears were the favorites.    8-)

I guess when you're a Bears fan you have to make up fake preseason favorites.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #821 on: February 11, 2019, 11:54:34 AM »
Murray to pursue football over baseball.  I met the young man in Atlanta for the Super Bowl.  He is smaller than I thought, but decision made.  Best of luck to him, following his passion and likely more money because of the position he plays.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #822 on: February 11, 2019, 12:04:38 PM »
Bears/Lions
Dolphins/Cowboys

Thanksgiving games.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #823 on: February 11, 2019, 12:04:54 PM »
Murray to pursue football over baseball.  I met the young man in Atlanta for the Super Bowl.  He is smaller than I thought, but decision made.  Best of luck to him, following his passion and likely more money because of the position he plays.

Baseball will be there if football doesn't work.  The opposite is likely not true.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #824 on: February 11, 2019, 12:59:34 PM »
Very happy the Panthers just signed safety Eric Reid to a 3-year contract.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article226093645.html?#emlnl=Breaking_Newsletter&id=bWlrZW5hZGVsQHNiY2dsb2JhbC5uZXQ=

He played very well for them after they signed him last season, the coaches and players say he's a great teammate, and he's still only 27 years old -- many good years ahead. And the Panthers already had some work to do shoring up their D without losing a guy who is very good at what he does.

Hats off to our new(ish) owner David Tepper, who agreed to the Reid signing last year despite some public backlash because Reid is an anthem-kneeler.

The Panthers desperately need a good backup QB and I wouldn't mind seeing Kaepernick at least get a chance to show he can still play. He'd have to be better than the backups the Panthers have had the last couple of years, and Newton is coming off shoulder surgery.

feedback