'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: "Cold" Serve Forum  (Read 27658 times)

BM1090

• All American
Re: "Cold" Serve Forum
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2018, 10:04:24 AM »
It's a college game... if you want clean family friendly entertainment the NBA games may be more your speed. What would you reaction have been back when the student section used to chant "bullsh*t" "f*ck the badgers" or "hey! You suck!"

I don't know. I went to Bucks-Spurs last weekend and the guy in front of us was yelling gay slurs at the ref the entire game. I've been to four Bucks games this year and have been seated next to at least one obnoxious fan every time.

TheREALwrk

• Team Captain
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2018, 11:56:29 AM »
I was in 109 with my 12 yr old - kids (late 20's) behind us were full of robust language but 95% of it was because they were enthusiastic.  Overall he thought the passion in the section was really cool from the older couple next to us (gentleman gave a really good running commentary on the aspects of the game and the lady absolutely refused to not call them Warriors), to the guy in front of us who yelled "and one" after every foul (even some of KState's that were offensive), to the kids behind us who were cursing but also very liberal with dealing out slaps-o-five.

Great arena and environment - not as loud as i expected - but super glad we made the trip.

I think it will be loud loud for Becky.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2018, 12:06:23 PM »
Yeah, those "cupholders" are completely useless.  They're about an inch deep!!!
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2018, 12:21:49 PM »
I wonder what people think of the permanent seat cupholders? Those look deeper.

I'm down in Row 14, set 114, the cup holders in the armrest are pointless.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2018, 12:25:28 PM »
Permanent seat cup holders are fantastic.   Also the cold air blowing has not been a problem the last couple games for me.

Regarding profanity... the way I see it, you can be enthusiastic without the non-family friendly words.  I'd rather parents bring their kids to games so we can build the next generation of fans.  However, if there are too many foul mouthed fans, more parents will feel reluctant to bring the kiddos. 

There are two STH's near me that bring kids to the games.  Both groups do an awesome job of explaining the game and getting the kids involved and interested.  Fine parenting if you ask me!

Carl Spackler

• Starter
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2018, 01:27:58 PM »
I bring my kids to every game.  I boo / cheer as required.  And i definitely try to rally those around me to do the same.  That is why i go.  I dont understand why people go to games and then get upset when people around them are enthusiastic fans.

if you want an environment where there isn't booing/cheering/an occasional cuss - dont go to live sporting events - or go to UWM games.  There are plenty of seats at their games where you wouldn't have risk of hearing a boo or a cuss.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2018, 01:47:14 PM »
I will never understand booing college kids.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2018, 01:56:05 PM »
I bring my kids to every game.  I boo / cheer as required.  And i definitely try to rally those around me to do the same.  That is why i go.  I dont understand why people go to games and then get upset when people around them are enthusiastic fans.

if you want an environment where there isn't booing/cheering/an occasional cuss - dont go to live sporting events - or go to UWM games.  There are plenty of seats at their games where you wouldn't have risk of hearing a boo or a cuss.

I think it's more of a problem if someone is getting out of hand and/or using excessive profanity.   An occasional cuss when something extraordinarily good/bad happens is not the issue.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2018, 02:03:32 PM »
The boos were for the refs on Saturday. I don't understand booing college kids either when that happens.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2018, 02:13:19 PM »
Looking for tickets to the MU/Nova game.  I haven't made it to the FF yet. How are the upperdeck seats at either end of hte basket?  Seats are crazy expensive on stubhub so may be looking at upperdeck.  I assume they're much better than the BC, but are the upperdeck views decent enough?
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2018, 02:15:13 PM »
Looking for tickets to the MU/Nova game.  I haven't made it to the FF yet. How are the upperdeck seats at either end of hte basket?  Seats are crazy expensive on stubhub so may be looking at upperdeck.  I assume they're much better than the BC, but are the upperdeck views decent enough?

I'm not in the endzone but I'm in 225 row 3 and I love it.

Carl Spackler

• Starter
« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2018, 02:52:21 PM »

great job purposely misreading the wrong intent into the post.

it should be obvious i meant "cheering for mubb"/ "booing the refs other team" as required.  the fact this requires clarification is silly.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2018, 03:07:31 PM »

Yep. Plenty of seats. You can still hear cheers and boos.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2018, 03:11:03 PM »

I thought when I went on tours that behind the basket area, you are closer to the action than the BC. Center court felt like a wash. With less than 6,000 seats in the upper deck, many have said the concourse area is excellent!
-Bill Walton

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2018, 04:08:28 PM »
great job purposely misreading the wrong intent into the post.

it should be obvious i meant "cheering for mubb"/ "booing the refs other team" as required.  the fact this requires clarification is silly.

Definitely didn't intentionally misread it and also wasn't implying that you specifically were booing the players. Nor did I think anyone did that on Saturday. It was just a general comment because MU fans have definitely booed players over the past few years.

mudeltaforcegurl

• Walk-On
« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2018, 08:28:28 PM »
I hope it is not too cold at Saturday’s game. Luckily I will be sitting in a suite.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2018, 08:30:05 PM »
I was actually warm during the Kansas State game.
-Bill Walton

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2018, 08:34:26 PM »
I was actually warm during the Kansas State game.
Those big fans were quiet.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2018, 08:58:57 PM »
Those big fans were quiet.
The fans above? Those have been turned off for a couple of games now.
-Bill Walton

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2018, 09:51:27 PM »
I thought when I went on tours that behind the basket area, you are closer to the action than the BC. Center court felt like a wash. With less than 6,000 seats in the upper deck, many have said the concourse area is excellent!

Upper bowl isn't bad at all.

As an aside, I was surprised how many people were up in the Panorama Club during the game. I don't think I'd want to be up there during the game, but definitely worth a trip pre-game to check it out for a first time visit.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2018, 07:25:27 AM »
I hope it is not too cold at Saturday’s game. Luckily I will be sitting in a suite.

weird flex, but ok

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2018, 07:36:35 AM »
weird flex, but ok

GREAT flex, especially considering it's her first post.  She's been waiting 3 months for the perfect first post opportunity, and it finally presented itself.

It's going to be disappointing when we uncover it's just another Chicos alt.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2018, 09:39:13 AM »
GREAT flex, especially considering it's her first post.  She's been waiting 3 months for the perfect first post opportunity, and it finally presented itself.

It's going to be disappointing when we uncover it's just another Chicos alt.

MUDagwood

• Walk-On
« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2018, 09:48:36 AM »
The south sideline of the upper deck inexplicably had zero beer stands open on Saturday. Hopefully not the case for WI and big east games. Missed revenue opportunities as there wasn't enough time at halftime to walk halfway around the arena to wait in a long line at end zone bars. 

mudeltaforcegurl

• Walk-On
« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2018, 09:58:14 AM »
I’m sorry I offended some people. It was not meant to be a “flex”.  I used to post here during undergrad, but I couldn’t find my old handle. I just moved back to Milwaukee, and am looking reconnect to the community.  :)