[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 23, 2024, 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: "Cold" Serve Forum  (Read 27997 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: "Cold" Serve Forum
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2018, 02:26:58 PM »
MU seats in Section 119 and Bucks in 114 and been cold during every game I have attended. Last night was good until start of second half at our seats. They need to figure that out big time.

Plenty toasty in section 208.  But because I am nice, I would be willing to trade seats with you.   :)
Have some patience, FFS.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2018, 02:48:14 PM »
Plenty toasty in section 208.  But because I am nice, I would be willing to trade seats with you.   :)

Didn't have any issues in 205.

MU_CHI

• Walk-On
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2018, 03:11:19 PM »
How has this thread made it this far. Sheesh.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2018, 03:14:10 PM »
How has this thread made it this far. Sheesh.

It's all the newly minted sweatervests on this board.
Have some patience, FFS.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2018, 03:55:24 PM »
The temp is too damn high!

or

The temp is too damn low!

(depending on how we are feeling like complaining today)

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2018, 09:44:12 PM »
Both MC’s were very low energy tonight. Guess they’ve learned to cater to their crowd.

Were they wearing sweater vests?

BTW at what age is it sartorially acceptable to wear a sweater vest to a game? Asking for a friend.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2018, 09:55:25 PM »
I was in 114 for the Bethune Cookman game and we kept it hot, mama. Benny B and a chick (unrelated to Benny) I hadn't seen in a couple of decades were both in the section as well.

I didn't think it was cold at all.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2018, 10:43:42 PM »
I was in 114 for the Bethune Cookman game and we kept it hot, mama. Benny B and a chick (unrelated to Benny) I hadn't seen in a couple of decades were both in the section as well.

I didn't think it was cold at all.

Which is amazing considering JB was wearing his Hulkamania tank top. 
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2018, 07:57:37 AM »
fify

Well, this would probably solve almost all problems of scoop.... Ners/Floorslapper could dream of Dawson dominating and not see the actual game being played in 2018-19.  It would be plenty warm. 

It would be easy for me to take a nap since it is hard to find cold coffee...

But wait, it wouldn't solve the problem of how loud it is in the bowl and the problem with switching mikes on and off, etc... but this head gear would get us all really close to where we all want to be  :)

https://www.vat19.com/item/ostrich-pillow-for-napping?adid=gshopping&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=1o4&scid=scplpostrich-pillow&sc_intid=ostrich-pillow&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3Na9nLn43gIVysDACh2zogAGEAQYBCABEgLkGvD_BwE

fjm

• All American
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2018, 07:59:58 AM »
Ha! To Goo’s point, this Saturday and Wisconsin will be huge games with what I suspect will be likely almost sell out crowds. Should be interesting to hear what comes over the hot mic these games.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2018, 02:10:55 PM »
BTW at what age is it sartorially acceptable to wear a sweater vest to a game? Asking for a friend.

Any age...in fact as a younger dude you your friend should take it as a challenge to wear the sweatervest in a cool way.  Not like the bluehairs wear them over mock turtlenecks. 
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2018, 02:24:42 PM »
Where does one shop for a bright yellow sweater vest?  (Asking for a friend)

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2018, 02:49:51 PM »
Sprit Shop
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Muhoops85

• Team Captain
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2018, 03:10:22 PM »

Love this.

But seriously, a few years back we rec'd one as a gift from MU for our decades of donations.
Class of 1985 & Proud Parents of MU Class of 2007 Graduate

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2018, 03:15:05 PM »
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2018, 03:39:18 PM »

Danny Noonan

• Starter
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2018, 08:18:58 AM »
I went to the Fiserv for the first time for Saturday's game and was overall impressed and was not cold. The sight lines from the seats in the lower rows of section 109 were very good. I thought the arena handled the decent crowd size well as the lines for the concessions and bathroom at halftime were reasonable near section 108-109. There was no cold air blowing, however, there was plenty of hot air coming from two d-bags (30-40 yoa) sitting behind me and my 7 year old child. The referees were brutal, but the constant standing and yelling (included with the occasional F-bomb and BS) after every bad and even some questionable calls or player mistakes, was just awful. Nobody wants to hear constant yelling in their ear or your basketball opinions- leave that for when your watching on your couch at home.

The only other complaint is that the lower seats in 109 (probably movable for concerts / shows) were not as sturdy as the uppers in that section: the seats were not as solid and the drink holder was too shallow as my kid's plastic soda bottle (3/4 full with no top as the servers remove them) fell over when the guy sitting next to us, sat down.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2018, 08:24:22 AM »
I went to the Fiserv for the first time for Saturday's game and was overall impressed and was not cold. The sight lines from the seats in the lower rows of section 109 were very good. I thought the arena handled the decent crowd size well as the lines for the concessions and bathroom at halftime were reasonable near section 108-109. There was no cold air blowing, however, there was plenty of hot air coming from two d-bags (30-40 yoa) sitting behind me and my 7 year old child. The referees were brutal, but the constant standing and yelling (included with the occasional F-bomb and BS) after every bad and even some questionable calls or player mistakes, was just awful. Nobody wants to hear constant yelling in their ear or your basketball opinions- leave that for when your watching on your couch at home.

The only other complaint is that the lower seats in 109 (probably movable for concerts / shows) were not as sturdy as the uppers in that section: the seats were not as solid and the drink holder was too shallow as my kid's plastic soda bottle (3/4 full with no top as the servers remove them) fell over when the guy sitting next to us, sat down.

It's a college game... if you want clean family friendly entertainment the NBA games may be more your speed. What would you reaction have been back when the student section used to chant "bullsh*t" "f*ck the badgers" or "hey! You suck!"
Maigh Eo for Sam

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2018, 08:40:28 AM »
It's a college game... if you want clean family friendly entertainment the NBA games may be more your speed. What would you reaction have been back when the student section used to chant "bullsh*t" "f*ck the badgers" or "hey! You suck!"

Sounds to me that Danny believes the older folks should be a bit more mature than college students.

But you never know...

Have some patience, FFS.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2018, 08:50:03 AM »
Sounds to me that Danny believes the older folks should be a bit more mature than college students.

But you never know...

I'd agree but between the two I'd say you're more likely to get away from that at the pro games
Maigh Eo for Sam

TheREALwrk

• Team Captain
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2018, 09:00:30 AM »
I'd agree but between the two I'd say you're more likely to get away from that at the pro games

I think Danny here needs to grow up himself. You should teach your kid to handle a few cuss words, pops.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2018, 09:07:44 AM »

I have the same in 103.  Those seats are movable for hockey and ice shows.  Those seats are really flimsy and the low cupholders are a joke.  The arm rests are rather weak as well.  Also, the whole section shakes as people move around.  Cheap construction.

Danny Noonan

• Starter
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2018, 09:11:16 AM »
Ha! Good stuff with Judge Smails. I actually don't mind those chants and encourage the students / adults to have their fun. But the constant yelling over and over was a  bit much.  (it didn't help the refs took forever at the replay monitors).  As far as the pop goes, I was just pointing out a possible design flaw. As the guy that sat next us who knocked over the pop was 140 pounds soaking wet.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2018, 09:14:46 AM »
The concourses outside 107 sucked at halftime. I think there's going to some redesign over the summer, no way those corner bars last with the bottlenecking.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2018, 09:16:56 AM »

I was in 109 with my 12 yr old - kids (late 20's) behind us were full of robust language but 95% of it was because they were enthusiastic.  Overall he thought the passion in the section was really cool from the older couple next to us (gentleman gave a really good running commentary on the aspects of the game and the lady absolutely refused to not call them Warriors), to the guy in front of us who yelled "and one" after every foul (even some of KState's that were offensive), to the kids behind us who were cursing but also very liberal with dealing out slaps-o-five.

Great arena and environment - not as loud as i expected - but super glad we made the trip.

feedback