[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Nukem2
[April 19, 2024, 09:24:02 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 19, 2024, 08:17:02 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: "Cold" Serve Forum  (Read 27839 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: "Cold" Serve Forum
« Reply #125 on: December 08, 2018, 11:10:36 AM »
Are der folks hear woo don't enjoy da blowin', hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #126 on: December 09, 2018, 05:17:21 AM »
I was very warm during the Kansas State game. I thought the UTEP game it was fine. I will not be wearing a sweatshirt for today's game.

Yesterday was toasty. I did wear a sweatshirt and was getting a little sweaty by the time overtime got going.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #127 on: December 09, 2018, 07:34:33 AM »
Yesterday was toasty. I did wear a sweatshirt and was getting a little sweaty by the time overtime got going.
Pretty sure everybody was getting a little sweaty. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #128 on: December 09, 2018, 08:12:14 AM »
Pretty sure everybody was getting a little sweaty.
I was getting sweaty while watching in my basement

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #129 on: December 09, 2018, 09:11:14 AM »
Really disappointed with the new arena. There are a lot of bells and whistles that are nice, but the basics seem to be lacking. Traffic flow is a problem in a lot of areas and the line to the men’s room was ten minutes long at halftime. Doesn’t seem to be a $500 million improvement over the BC.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #130 on: December 28, 2018, 09:03:20 AM »
Went to the FF for my second time last night, this time for a Bucks game.  I still can't figure out what the complaining is about.  The place is gorgeous.  What they have done to that entire area is incredible considering what used to be there was an eyesore for the last 30 years. 

I think people can rightfully debate the way these things are funded in this day and age, but complaining about the result?  Yeah I'm not going to do that.

BTW, first Bucks game in about five years.  They put on quite a show.  Very entertaining.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #131 on: December 28, 2018, 09:14:54 AM »
It started as a good experience and has improved as they worked out the kinks. My only gripe at the moment is how the concourses are designed. The way some of the bars kick out & the tables that push into walking spaces slow traffic during busy parts (halftime most notably).

This might be most problematic by my seats, from 115-119, and it doesn't seem as clustered upstairs (200 level fans, please chime in). Also curious if it's as bad on the 104-108 side.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #132 on: December 28, 2018, 09:16:37 AM »
Upstairs concourse is great. Won’t be moving downstairs for a long time after experiencing halftime in the lower bowl during the Kstate and UW games.

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #133 on: December 28, 2018, 09:23:02 AM »
Went to the FF for my second time last night, this time for a Bucks game.  I still can't figure out what the complaining is about.  The place is gorgeous.  What they have done to that entire area is incredible considering what used to be there was an eyesore for the last 30 years. 

I think people can rightfully debate the way these things are funded in this day and age, but complaining about the result?  Yeah I'm not going to do that.

BTW, first Bucks game in about five years.  They put on quite a show.  Very entertaining.

I agree.  Thought Fiserv was awesome.  My seats did not have any draft/cold air impact.  Granted I only have been to the Wisconsin game and they may have improved the HVAC since the season opener.

I was blown away by the city views from the Panorama Club, and the overall feel of the entire arena.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #134 on: December 28, 2018, 09:27:21 AM »
I agree.  Thought Fiserv was awesome.  My seats did not have any draft/cold air impact.  Granted I only have been to the Wisconsin game and they may have improved the HVAC since the season opener.

I was blown away by the city views from the Panorama Club, and the overall feel of the entire arena.
The overhead fans above the corners have been turned off since before the Wisconsin game.  Big difference.  Was quite chilly in 103 before that.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #135 on: December 28, 2018, 09:40:18 AM »
The overhead fans above the corners have been turned off since before the Wisconsin game.  Big difference.  Was quite chilly in 103 before that.

How cluttered is the concourse during halftime over there?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #136 on: December 28, 2018, 09:43:52 AM »

Also looking for opinions on this. Upstairs this year, need to move back down, but that side with the two end bars is absolutely horrible.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #137 on: December 28, 2018, 09:51:28 AM »
More importantly, it looks like the problem of our lads' cold shooting at the Forum has been solved.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #138 on: December 28, 2018, 09:51:48 AM »
My parents' tickets are in 103 and you can go up/down the staircases and they open to a very, very wide part of the concourse (by the main entrance escalator).  Have been to 4 games, 3 of them in those seats and have had no reason to walk anywhere other than between the seats and the staircase and it couldn't be any easier.

I sat in 114 for the Buffalo game and trying to get between those seats and my parents' seats at halftime was a hassle.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #139 on: December 28, 2018, 10:27:33 AM »
Also looking for opinions on this. Upstairs this year, need to move back down, but that side with the two end bars is absolutely horrible.

It's a double-edged sword with a bar on each end and restrooms on each end. If you're quick out of halftime, you can either get a beer or use the restroom easily, but trying to do both is tough, especially if you want to get any food in the process. I've definitely started doing most of that at the 4-minute timeouts.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #140 on: December 28, 2018, 10:29:23 AM »
It's a double-edged sword with a bar on each end and restrooms on each end. If you're quick out of halftime, you can either get a beer or use the restroom easily, but trying to do both is tough, especially if you want to get any food in the process. I've definitely started doing most of that at the 4-minute timeouts.

My solution.  No $11 beer means fewer bathroom breaks.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #141 on: December 28, 2018, 12:29:14 PM »
The problem for fans at all events is not finding the 3 corner stairways to leave Fiserv Forum. My wife and I leave out the southeast stairways to walk south on 4th street. You should see the faces of fans who leave out the main concourse out the east to just walk west when we come out of the doors. They are shocked, in where we came from!

As for the concourses. Both decks are the same size. Difference at halftime. The lower bowl has 10k going in the concourse. The upper deck seats less than 6k going in the same size upper deck concourse.

Fiserv Forum is an outstanding building! I love the scoreboard. Leg room is much better. I enjoy all the tv's. Food choices are also excellent. Bathrooms are nice.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #142 on: December 28, 2018, 12:30:24 PM »
I do not understand the cup holders. It's like they're playing a prank on you, trying to make you spill your drink. The size could hold a baby's little applesauce cup, but not any kind of drink. It's absolutely bizarre.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

DarkWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #143 on: December 28, 2018, 12:36:05 PM »
I was perplexed by the cupholder complaints until I realized that the cupholders we have in Section 116 are quite good and that other locations have ridiculous cupholders.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #144 on: December 28, 2018, 12:40:15 PM »
The temporary seats cup holders in the arm rest are bad. (Which I sit in section 114, row 14.) The permanent seats are much deeper for your cup.

The shelf in the urinal for your drink is an outstanding touch!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #145 on: December 28, 2018, 12:43:16 PM »
The problem for fans at all events is not finding the 3 corner stairways to leave Fiserv Forum. My wife and I leave out the southeast stairways to walk south on 4th street. You should see the faces of fans who leave out the main concourse out the east to just walk west when we come out of the doors. They are shocked, in where we came from!

As for the concourses. Both decks are the same size. Difference at halftime. The lower bowl has 10k going in the concourse. The upper deck seats less than 6k going in the same size upper deck concourse.

Fiserv Forum is an outstanding building! I love the scoreboard. Leg room is much better. I enjoy all the tv's. Food choices are also excellent. Bathrooms are nice.

This.  They are a bit hard to recognize.  I wonder if the fire code prevents ushers from propping the doors open immediately after the game to encourage usage.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #146 on: December 28, 2018, 12:53:06 PM »
This.  They are a bit hard to recognize.  I wonder if the fire code prevents ushers from propping the doors open immediately after the game to encourage usage.
I agree they are hard to find. I learned area's on the website. Also, they do say "exit" above the doors. Other than popping the doors open, not sure what they could do. One idea I have is what the Bradley Center did. The exit sign said to what street that exit was for. UWM Panther Arena has the same signage to what street that exit is for.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 12:55:20 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
-Bill Walton

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #147 on: December 28, 2018, 01:24:27 PM »
It’s crowded and the men’s room outside 103 has long line.

marquettejr

• Starter
« Reply #148 on: December 28, 2018, 01:34:54 PM »
I send them an email telling them about the cold air.  And No Reply.   all That money on the new place and Can't afford the Heat.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #149 on: December 28, 2018, 02:11:04 PM »
I send them an email telling them about the cold air.  And No Reply.   all That money on the new place and Can't afford the Heat.

Are you sure your username shouldn't be marquettesr?
Have some patience, FFS.