Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: lockey lock n  (Read 4406 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
lockey lock n
« on: October 27, 2018, 12:16:26 AM »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: lockey lock n
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 12:30:45 AM »
I've been there Herman. I reach a point where I realize that I spend too much time on Scoop but I can't get myself to stop. So I make a few political posts and get myself a forced vacation.  ;D
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Logi4three

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 12:42:08 AM »
Is anyone else sick of how politics have usurped sports?  ESPN was insufferable during the Skipper days.  I can’t stand the Buck’s and some of the MU student sports coverage because of their inability to separate their political opinions from sports coverage.  I do my best to let it be, but have unfollowed most because it really is annoying.  Am I over sensitive or do others feel this way.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 12:58:37 AM »
Is anyone else sick of how politics have usurped sports?  ESPN was insufferable during the Skipper days.  I can’t stand the Buck’s and some of the MU student sports coverage because of their inability to separate their political opinions from sports coverage.  I do my best to let it be, but have unfollowed most because it really is annoying.  Am I over sensitive or do others feel this way.

Yes.  Sports are supposed to be an escape.

vogue65

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 01:27:18 AM »
As I see it most people today root for their team and have no idea about government policy.   The politicians use branding, marketing methods, sports arenas, team colors, clothes, hats, shirts, cheer leaders, bands, you name it to promote their team.

Add to that the obsession with sports in the country.  In NJ we have tens of thousands of soccer coaches for boys, girls, every school, every grade, various levels.  With the country obsessed with sports why would not our politics turn into little more than entertainment?  So next week we have Super Bowl parties to watch the returns, bring your team paraphernalia.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 06:26:46 AM »
Sports have never been just "an escape," or at least not for many, many, many decades.

I mean, the 1936 Olympics WERE politics, as have been most Olympics since.

After that, once black men became a dominant force in sports, and as the Civil Rights Era came into play, sports really stopped being a mere "escape."

And I think that's a good thing. Young men and women athletes are people, too, and I don't want them to "shut up and dribble."

Most of their commentary is more intelligent than what we hear from the title of this thread, but of course that's a very low bar.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

fjm

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2018, 06:52:19 AM »
Ok. Scoop has reached peak weirdness. This season needs to start. ASAP.

But otherwise. Well played Herman. You’re gonna get your clicks on this thread.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2018, 07:48:30 AM »

You’re over sensitive.

Who declared that?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2018, 08:18:31 AM »

The politicians use branding.

A certain politician uses ONLY branding, with no real substance behind it. I won't list names....

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2018, 09:01:08 AM »
Sports are life. Politics are just a structure around life. I think it is natural they intersect.

No one should be told their opinion doesn’t matter because they are “just” an athlete.
We Are Marquette

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2018, 09:15:05 AM »

What do the bucks do that annoys you?
1. Walker funding the stadium
2. Brown being beat on police
3. Clinton showing up at a few games
4. Obama talking about Giannis

Those are literally the only four things I can think of and they are brought up because they are news worthy. All were worth bringing up.

Anything else?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2018, 09:41:29 AM »
You’re over sensitive.

Who declared that?

The mods

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2018, 11:17:45 AM »

You're overly sensitive.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2018, 11:19:18 AM »

Literally, they have never been an escape from cultural/political issues.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2018, 12:06:09 PM »
I've been there Herman. I reach a point where I realize that I spend too much time on Scoop but I can't get myself to stop. So I make a few political posts and get myself a forced vacation.  ;D

what did i (we) miss?  did the edit change something?  only reason i ask is because i see all these comments  about politics, i read the js article and... where's the politics?  no big deal, but just wondering
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2018, 12:23:02 PM »
Rs, the title of the thread was changed.  Herman's original title was 'Trump '.  Pretty simple.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2018, 12:45:37 PM »
Literally, they have never been an escape from cultural/political issues.

Got it.  ESPN = Entertainment, Sports and Piolitcs Network.  Literallly

MU82

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2018, 01:04:14 PM »
Got it.  ESPN = Entertainment, Sports and Piolitcs Network.  Literallly

Don't watch ESPN.

There ... I am SUCH a problem solver!!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2018, 01:09:20 PM »
Don't watch ESPN.

There ... I am SUCH a problem solver!!

Put all you nubs on ignore.  Solved

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2018, 01:55:00 PM »
Rs, the title of the thread was changed.  Herman's original title was 'Trump '.  Pretty simple.

ohhhhhhhh, clickbait then, eyn'er?  naughty naughty...bailiff, slap his pee-pee

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2018, 02:07:54 PM »
Ok. Scoop has reached peak weirdness. This season needs to start. ASAP.

But otherwise. Well played Herman. You’re gonna get your clicks on this thread.
I am surprised no has commented on the substance of the article. It appears Markus has made a concerted effort to build his strength and conditioning. Should pay off big time.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2018, 02:21:08 PM »
Don't watch ESPN.

I don't other than live sports. FS1, CBSSN, BTN, MLBN are other great networks.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2018, 02:32:13 PM »
I am surprised no has commented on the substance of the article. It appears Markus has made a concerted effort to build his strength and conditioning. Should pay off big time.

If you were so concerned with the substance of this article, why did you intentionally mislead people with the thread title?

Is this at all related to your other intentional bad actions? Like intentionally getting young women drunk for the purpose of having unprotected sex with them?

fjm

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2018, 02:38:18 PM »
If you were so concerned with the substance of this article, why did you intentionally mislead people with the thread title?

Is this at all related to your other intentional bad actions? Like intentionally getting young women drunk for the purpose of having unprotected sex with them?

Haha oooooh boy. I did not see this coming.

And MUFNY you can’t seriously be confused why no one commented on the article dude.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2018, 02:42:55 PM »

how about moving on here jesmu-maybe showing us a little more of the jes in the mu.  i don't really think you are expecting to have your questions answered but rather i sense a little trolling here.  maybe you should pm him if you are so concerned