collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA Thread 2019-20  (Read 219510 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: NBA Thread 2018-19
« Reply #425 on: April 30, 2019, 09:22:28 AM »
Some are (Porter Moser, TC, some others). Brad Stevens isn't.

Fiserv Forum
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #426 on: April 30, 2019, 11:23:47 AM »
Surprisingly litter chatter on one of MU's finest putting up 30/11/5 on the road

I would love to see Jimmy get a title, this Sixers team is loaded and no one seems to be unbeatable this year. Hope he can turn it on down the stretch and bring another championship to the family

Loved Jimmy responding big-time after playing poorly in Game 1. Two sweet assists down the stretch in addition to his other work.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #427 on: April 30, 2019, 11:55:08 AM »
Surprisingly litter chatter on one of MU's finest putting up 30/11/5 on the road

I would love to see Jimmy get a title, this Sixers team is loaded and no one seems to be unbeatable this year. Hope he can turn it on down the stretch and bring another championship to the family

He'd been inconsistent since Game 1 of the Nets series, but he put them on his back last night.  All the murmurs of dysfunction and such have largely been forgotten.  He's a leader on that team.  They might not win, but they sure as hell need an in-form JFB to have any chance against Toronto

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #428 on: April 30, 2019, 09:44:32 PM »
Well, that was better.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #429 on: April 30, 2019, 11:02:40 PM »

Keep your pissing match out of the NBA topic please.

Tough guy. Who died and made you the boss? LOL "Fluffy".

MU82

• All American
« Reply #430 on: April 30, 2019, 11:15:50 PM »
Harden just penetrated and dished to wide-open shooters on 2 straight possessions, and both Rivers and Gordon threw bricks. No wonder he usually just shoots!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #431 on: May 01, 2019, 03:59:44 AM »
Harden just penetrated and dished to wide-open shooters on 2 straight possessions, and both Rivers and Gordon threw bricks. No wonder he usually just shoots!

Penetrated? Ewe go dude, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #432 on: May 01, 2019, 06:30:26 AM »
Harden just penetrated and dished to wide-open shooters on 2 straight possessions, and both Rivers and Gordon threw bricks. No wonder he usually just shoots grabs a defenders arm, flops around like a fish out of water driving to the hoop, and then falls to the ground like there’s a sniper in the nosebleeds before heading to the line!

FIFY.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 06:32:18 AM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #433 on: May 01, 2019, 12:13:03 PM »
I think Harden is an incredible talent and an incredible player.  The numbers he puts up this year across the board are absurd.  That being said, he really kills that offense.  You have one of the best pure PGs of all time, and a coach who is famous for having a free flowing, fast smooth offense and they allow Harden to clog it up.

Basketball Twitter this past week has been interesting breaking down how the Warriors are choosing to defend Harden.  From getting into his grill and forcing the refs to call fouls instead of playing off and getting touch fouls anyways (like Klay in Game 1) to more nuanced methods like contesting from the side so his attempts to kick his legs out or jump forward don't result in contact.

As for the Bucks, FANTASTIC response.  but then again, SHOCKED they won a game because NOTED BASKETBALL SCHOLAR Paul Pierce told us all on Sunday afternoon that the series was over cause the Celtics just had more talent and the Bucks were hopeless unless Giannis was amazing.  He's so laughably bad in studio.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #434 on: May 01, 2019, 12:58:51 PM »
I think Harden is an incredible talent and an incredible player.  The numbers he puts up this year across the board are absurd.  That being said, he really kills that offense.  You have one of the best pure PGs of all time, and a coach who is famous for having a free flowing, fast smooth offense and they allow Harden to clog it up.

Basketball Twitter this past week has been interesting breaking down how the Warriors are choosing to defend Harden.  From getting into his grill and forcing the refs to call fouls instead of playing off and getting touch fouls anyways (like Klay in Game 1) to more nuanced methods like contesting from the side so his attempts to kick his legs out or jump forward don't result in contact.

As for the Bucks, FANTASTIC response.  but then again, SHOCKED they won a game because NOTED BASKETBALL SCHOLAR Paul Pierce told us all on Sunday afternoon that the series was over cause the Celtics just had more talent and the Bucks were hopeless unless Giannis was amazing.  He's so laughably bad in studio.

Watching Bledsoe defend Harden is fun. Doesn’t try to stay in front of him. Plays on his left side or even behind to guard against the step back. Forces him to the right and into the lane for either a midrange or a layup amongst the shot blockers.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #435 on: May 02, 2019, 09:29:10 PM »
JFB!!!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #436 on: May 06, 2019, 08:28:51 AM »
Interesting observation on Zach Lowe's podcast today.  George Hill was basically a nobody in Cleveland with LBJ and is now a very important player for the Bucks, and on Friday night was their second best player in a huge win at Boston.  Also on Friday night, Rodney Hood, who was even less than a nobody in Cleveland with LBJ, was the key player down the stretch for the Blazers in their 4 overtime win over the Nuggets.  This was an observation that he says "did not go unnoticed throughout the league.  It's not easy being Bron's teammate...there were a lot of eyes opened Friday night."
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 08:31:27 AM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #437 on: May 06, 2019, 10:43:58 AM »
Interesting observation on Zach Lowe's podcast today.  George Hill was basically a nobody in Cleveland with LBJ and is now a very important player for the Bucks, and on Friday night was their second best player in a huge win at Boston.  Also on Friday night, Rodney Hood, who was even less than a nobody in Cleveland with LBJ, was the key player down the stretch for the Blazers in their 4 overtime win over the Nuggets.  This was an observation that he says "did not go unnoticed throughout the league.  It's not easy being Bron's teammate...there were a lot of eyes opened Friday night."

If you need the ball in your hands to initiate offense, to work off the dribble, or you need to get into a rhythm, playing with Lebron just wont work.  The guys that Lebron "makes better" are the ones sitting in the corner waiting for a kick out, a dump off in the lane, or an outlet pass.  Also, if you're not one of his guys that he "trusts" you'll get frozen out, aka Rodney Hood.

He's an insane passer and has otherworldly vision, but the idea that Lebron uniformly makes everyone around him better is an overwrought myth.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #438 on: May 06, 2019, 08:28:00 PM »
I can see why there were some negative comments about Brad Stevens this season. Really poor execution on both sides of the ball.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #439 on: May 06, 2019, 08:28:05 PM »
Paul Pierce...ha, ha, ha ,ha

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #440 on: May 06, 2019, 08:53:40 PM »
One to get. Closing it out on Wednesday would be fun.

Giannis is unbelievable. And the George Hill trade went from a nice move to dump salary for a big offseason to an incredible move to add a really good veteran for a Playoff run.

Let’s see if Brogdon can add something to this team.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #441 on: May 07, 2019, 06:16:05 AM »
Paul Pierce...ha, ha, ha ,ha

maybe he needs to go thru concussion protocol...with a rubber glove ;D
don't...don't don't don't don't

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #442 on: May 07, 2019, 07:05:28 AM »
One to get. Closing it out on Wednesday would be fun.

Giannis is unbelievable. And the George Hill trade went from a nice move to dump salary for a big offseason to an incredible move to add a really good veteran for a Playoff run.

Let’s see if Brogdon can add something to this team.

The chemistry is so good right now that the can ease Brogdon back some.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #443 on: May 07, 2019, 08:13:39 AM »
If I were the Celtics, I would wave goodbye to Kyrie. He's Monta Ellis part 2. Has the talent to make you think he's pretty good, but has no concept of how to fit into a team.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #444 on: May 07, 2019, 08:16:16 AM »
If I were the Celtics, I would wave goodbye to Kyrie. He's Monta Ellis part 2. Has the talent to make you think he's pretty good, but has no concept of how to fit into a team.

I wouldn't want to play with Kyrie. Reminds me of Westbrook, but not as talented all-around. And Russ, as selfishly as he often plays, doesn't routinely throw his teammates under the bus like this guy does. Let him and K.D. go to NY ... and learn to hate each other within a few months.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #445 on: May 07, 2019, 08:27:14 AM »
What has Kyrie done when he isn't playing alongside LeBron?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #446 on: May 07, 2019, 10:10:22 AM »
What has Kyrie done when he isn't playing alongside LeBron?

To be fair.  He was ROY, then a back to back All Star before Lebron arrived.

Monta Ellis isn't fair.  Kyrie is one of the best ball handling/scoring talents the league has seen in a decade plus, not just a gunner.

However, he's not a fit for Stevens system.  I don't think he can't play in a team setting, but he needs something more free flowing.  I think his attitude got messed up by the Lebron situation and he hasn't recovered, which is a maturity issue.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #447 on: May 07, 2019, 10:30:21 AM »
To be fair.  He was ROY, then a back to back All Star before Lebron arrived.

Monta Ellis isn't fair.  Kyrie is one of the best ball handling/scoring talents the league has seen in a decade plus, not just a gunner.

However, he's not a fit for Stevens system.  I don't think he can't play in a team setting, but he needs something more free flowing.  I think his attitude got messed up by the Lebron situation and he hasn't recovered, which is a maturity issue.

Kyrie is a slightly better version of Stephon Marbury. Still a very good player and an all-star, but not a Superstar who can be the big dog on an NBA Champion.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #448 on: May 07, 2019, 10:31:42 AM »
I wouldn't want to play with Kyrie. Reminds me of Westbrook, but not as talented all-around. And Russ, as selfishly as he often plays, doesn't routinely throw his teammates under the bus like this guy does. Let him and K.D. go to NY ... and learn to hate each other within a few months.

Curious why you think it would take that long. 8-)

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #449 on: May 07, 2019, 10:47:47 AM »

But don't forget that Monta Ellis's teammates actually really liked playing with him! That was a big part of Steph wearing his jersey to the last regular season game at the Oracle.

feedback