[Today at 02:47:50 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by MUbiz
[Today at 12:32:43 PM]

Point guard or big by Jockey
[Today at 11:37:56 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 10:25:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: JFB wants out of Minny  (Read 16519 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: JFB wants out of Minny
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2018, 09:44:16 AM »
I could also be wrong! But Jimmy seems to use the underdog narrative to fuel his fire, and with a list like with that I get the sense that he wants to put himself in a position to be counted out/questioned/overlooked and see how good he can make himself. The upside to a scenario like that is you make yourself an immortal icon to a franchise if you deliver (and cash $190mm worth of paychecks in the process).

Jimmy should appreciate this generous characterization! And hey, it could very well be true.

As others have said, not a single one of us know what his motivation truly is. We're all speculating, and that includes me. I do see how it's easy to perceive him as a diva given all of this.

None of it really matters to me, anyway; he'll always be one of my all-time fave Warriors.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2018, 12:43:00 PM »
Per ESPN owner wants him traded by tomorrow.
Goal is National Championship

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2018, 12:45:16 PM »
Per ESPN owner wants him traded by tomorrow.

Nothing like handcuffing your GM into making the best bad deal you can find on a short timetable.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2018, 12:45:47 PM »
Delly and Henson for JFB. Let’s go Horst.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2018, 02:24:35 PM »
Nothing like handcuffing your GM into making the best bad deal you can find on a short timetable.

If this is the route he's committed to, Glen Taylor should really just pull the plug on Thibs now, too.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2018, 02:28:28 PM »
Hornets will give Biyombo and Batum for Butler right now! Throw in a side of Bacon, too ... and we all know how everybody loves Bacon!!!

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
Re: JB wants out of Minny
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2018, 03:01:43 PM »
I've read he and Karl Anthony Towns don't get along.  Also read a report today on Yardbarker that an NBA GM said Jimmy is "a problem."

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/unnamed_nba_gm_on_jimmy_butler_39he_39s_a_problem_39/s1_12680_27313532?mb_edition=20180922

Seems Jimmy is evolving into that uber-driven, hard working, player - that for whatever reason continues to struggle to get buy-in from his teammates to follow his lead.

Or, perhaps, he's become a selfish malcontent.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2018, 03:06:48 PM »
i don't think so-read a really nice article on him in ?, sports illustrated, i think.  he really is a simple guy, a really rich and talented simple guy.  i think he drives around in a mini-van or something, but the article by no means painted him as anything close to a diva

you mean besides the boom box fish tank, thousands of shoes and $4.95 million dollar, 10,000 square foot mansion for one person to live?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chicagoinc/ct-jimmy-butler-fish-tank-chicago-inc-spt-0713-20170712-story.html

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2018, 03:11:51 PM »
you mean besides the boom box fish tank, thousands of shoes and $4.95 million dollar, 10,000 square foot mansion for one person to live?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chicagoinc/ct-jimmy-butler-fish-tank-chicago-inc-spt-0713-20170712-story.html

To be fair even high schoolers have thousands of dollars worth of shoes now.
Maigh Eo for Sam

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2018, 03:57:43 PM »
Miami could be a good landing place.
Teaming up with D-Wade for his last go around.

They have some nice young pieces including Justise Winslow and Dion Waiters.  Maybe even Whiteside.

I would guess Pat Riley believes once they got Jimmy to South Beach they could convince him to stay.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2018, 04:32:05 PM »
Put him on Phillie and they make the East finals against Boston.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2018, 05:32:55 PM »
This is a pretty good run down of JFB trade possibilities. :
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24753362/zach-lowe-trade-market-minnesota-timberwolves-jimmy-butler

Check out your fav team options.

In Hou....Tomball is a far NW suburb of Houston and we'd be happy to see JFB return here. Then, Melo would come off the bench. The trade described of Eric Gordon ,M Chrisse, and unprotected pick from Hou to Minny is fair...not sure on the other trade described....as it would be nice to try to hang on to PJ Tucker ....to us he is key
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 05:34:41 PM by houwarrior »
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2018, 05:39:22 PM »
How is it not considered an admirable personal challenge to try to take a moribund franchise like the Clippers or Nets to heights their fans have never seen? If I was a player, giving that a shot would be way cooler/more satisfying than joining a super team or storied franchise like the Lakers or Celtics.

JB's specifics aside, I do generally agree with this, and have thought since The (first) Decision that the Knicks are the best mix of market, franchise history, and chance to become sports immortal of any franchise in sports.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2018, 07:10:27 PM »
This is a pretty good run down of JFB trade possibilities. :
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24753362/zach-lowe-trade-market-minnesota-timberwolves-jimmy-butler

Check out your fav team options.

In Hou....Tomball is a far NW suburb of Houston and we'd be happy to see JFB return here. Then, Melo would come off the bench. The trade described of Eric Gordon ,M Chrisse, and unprotected pick from Hou to Minny is fair...not sure on the other trade described....as it would be nice to try to hang on to PJ Tucker ....to us he is key

That's an interesting article, hou, thanks for the link.

This jumped out at me in talking about Butler to Philly:

Butler is a career 34 percent shooter from deep. Is he really the best fit next to Simmons and Embiid?

I think that could be an issue -- and maybe should be an issue -- for some teams. For example, look at Houston. Gordon is a career 38% distance shooter who has been as high as 45% in a season and can get ridiculously hot over long stretches. Would losing his ability to balance the court hurt more than Jimmy's all-around game would help? I'm not saying that would be the case, but it's at least something teams no doubt will be thinking about.

burger

• All American
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2018, 07:50:44 AM »

What evidence is there that they don't care if they win or lose???

Have the NBA package.....Watched probably 20 Wolves games.....They are lazy.....

Also take a look at the record with and without Butler .600 vs .500ish....so average.....

All the Wolves have done with the Wiggins and Townes contract is guarantee mediocrity.....They will never see Top 3 in the west without Butler with Townes and Wiggins.....

And down the road.....No one will touch that Wiggins contract.....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2018, 08:32:20 AM »
Have the NBA package.....Watched probably 20 Wolves games.....They are lazy.....

Also take a look at the record with and without Butler .600 vs .500ish....so average.....

All the Wolves have done with the Wiggins and Townes contract is guarantee mediocrity.....They will never see Top 3 in the west without Butler with Townes and Wiggins.....

I haven't seen enough Wolves games and practices to know about the work habits of Townes and/or Wiggins, so I can't comment about that.

However, I do agree with the rest of your post. Probably not enough talent there even with Jimmy to seriously challenge the Warriors and Rockets. Without Jimmy, no chance. And I totally agree about the Wiggins contract. Terrible.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2018, 10:32:59 AM »
The issue is $$$.....

You gives Townes the "super max" contract......and try to sign Butler on the cheap.....

Jimmy is not gong to play with a player who "may" deserve the SuperMax contract down the road where as Jimmy deserves that SuperMax now.....

That would piss me off too.....

Especially when Townes and Wiggins are pretty lazy and don't care if they win or lose.....

NM
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 10:35:08 AM by Jockey »

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2018, 01:35:03 PM »

.....lol......20 games of your NBA package taught you that....???

It is Towns by the way.......

In all seriousness, the Wolves are a much better team with Jimmy (obviously).  Wiggins contact extension, while only a season old, isn't looking great (obviously).  But KAT is one of the best young players in the league, even though he struggles defensively, like many big men do in their early NBA careers.  Wiggins is immensely talented, but has struggled with consistency - but it is far to early to write him off completely. 

Jimmy banged KAT's girl, which lead to an ugly break up. That is what this is all about.  Its an episode of reality tv right now.  I love Jimmy, and always will.  But he's being a total b*tch about the situation. And KAT, while also kind of a b*tch, somewhat understandably doesn't want Jimmy around.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2018, 02:17:18 PM »

In all seriousness, the Wolves are a much better team with Jimmy (obviously).  Wiggins contact extension, while only a season old, isn't looking great (obviously).  But KAT is one of the best young players in the league, even though he struggles defensively, like many big men do in their early NBA careers.  Wiggins is immensely talented, but has struggled with consistency - but it is far to early to write him off completely. 

Jimmy banged KAT's girl, which lead to an ugly break up. That is what this is all about.  Its an episode of reality tv right now.  I love Jimmy, and always will.  But he's being a total b*tch about the situation. And KAT, while also kind of a b*tch, somewhat understandably doesn't want Jimmy around.
Photos?
Goal is National Championship

burger

• All American
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2018, 04:43:59 PM »

I did not know about Jimmy banging a girlfriend......Depends if it was a serious one or part of NBA "groupie" contingent.....

Probably either way......Would have been good to stay away.....

Just ask Shady McCoy.....

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2018, 05:10:32 PM »
I did not know about Jimmy banging a girlfriend......Depends if it was a serious one or part of NBA "groupie" contingent.....

Probably either way......Would have been good to stay away.....

Just ask Shady McCoy.....

KAT replied to a Tweet about this claim with the following:

😂😂😂 #FakeNews

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2018, 05:23:41 PM »

That seems about as reputable as the Patrick sharp banged Duncan Keith's wife.

Though then again delonte west got Mamma Lebron in the bedroom so I guess anything can happen
Maigh Eo for Sam

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2018, 05:46:56 PM »
That seems about as reputable as the Patrick sharp banged Duncan Keith's wife.

Though then again delonte west got Mamma Lebron in the bedroom so I guess anything can happen

Interesting language about women there, bud.

#TheRighteousHypocrites
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2018, 06:28:01 PM »
How is it not considered an admirable personal challenge to try to take a moribund franchise like the Clippers or Nets to heights their fans have never seen? If I was a player, giving that a shot would be way cooler/more satisfying than joining a super team or storied franchise like the Lakers or Celtics. Jimmy's making another big bet on himself, I hope it pays off again.

Is it about "turning around" those franchises or identifying who has the room for a max contract after next season. I'm going with the latter. He's about the money just as most other pro athletes are regardless of where he went to school.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2018, 07:22:50 PM »

In all fairness to ME, either SI didn’t report about those “extras”,  or my wait time for my docs appointment didn’t allow me to get to that part.  The tribune isn’t bitter about jimmy not having fun in chitown err anything though, eyn’er?   4.95 million for 10 k sq ft is a guest house compared to many.  Thousands of chews?  Imelda Marcos is chuckling.  The chicks dig fish tank boomboxes ;)
don't...don't don't don't don't