[April 30, 2024, 11:37:53 PM]

Shaka interview by Jay Bee
[April 30, 2024, 09:36:41 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[April 30, 2024, 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 30, 2024, 02:09:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Arena Name  (Read 17654 times)

Marcus92

• All American
Re: New Arena Name
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2018, 06:26:28 PM »
The tech association doesn't hurt, either. Milwaukee doesn't just make beer and motorcycles.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2018, 06:38:40 PM »
One more thing: Fiserv gets about twice as much exposure from Bucks games (41-game home schedule) than Marquette games. And that extends their TV reach to corporate/financial audiences in virtually every major market in the U.S.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2018, 06:47:42 PM »
One more thing: Fiserv gets about twice as much exposure from Bucks games (41-game home schedule) than Marquette games. And that extends their TV reach to corporate/financial audiences in virtually every major market in the U.S.
Does any one really pay attention to those  intros at the top of the hour, especially business decision makers?  Its really about  investment in the community and attracting qualified personnel that like the coolness of it.  And, that’s exactly what Jeff Yabuki (sp?) said in the press conference.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2018, 06:49:34 PM »
Does any one really pay attention to those  intros at the top of the hour, especially business decision makers?  Its really about  investment in the community and attracting qualified personnel that like the coolness of it.  And, that’s exactly what Jeff Yabuki (sp?) said in the press conference.

True, but how many Smoothie King posts would there be on this board if they didn’t get naming rights.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2018, 07:04:28 PM »
If your read their CEO’s quotes, a lot of what they are trying to do as a tech company is to recruit people to Milwaukee and they view this as part of that strategy.

mueron

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2018, 07:27:33 PM »

Could have been way worse:

See, I never understood the reaction to guaranteed rate field. How does it sound worse than any other corporate name? Sure some of them roll off the tongue a little better. Certainly doesn't seem worse than the previous name...US Cellular Field. Or Dunkin donutc center or yum center or tropicana field or petco park. Meh.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2018, 08:52:54 PM »
Question: Did anyone here open a bank account at BMO Harris Bank due to the sponsorship?

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2018, 08:57:58 PM »
See, I never understood the reaction to guaranteed rate field. How does it sound worse than any other corporate name? Sure some of them roll off the tongue a little better. Certainly doesn't seem worse than the previous name...US Cellular Field. Or Dunkin donutc center or yum center or tropicana field or petco park. Meh.

It’s the logo.  A downward facing arrow is great for an insurance company, but for a baseball stadium it just looks negative.

I call it “Downvote Field”

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2018, 10:15:06 PM »
The Fist

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2018, 10:59:50 PM »
Re: BMO

I have a much higher opinion of BMO overall than I do US Bank.  I think of US Bank as a big national bank that doesn't do anything here.  That's ironic since US Bank was nee First Wisconsin.  I definitely think these names can build goodwill.

Plus think of the ROI.  How many customers does Fiserv need to convert to make this 150 million dollar deal work?  By my thinking if 2-3 CEOs form favorable opinions of Fiserv due to repeated branding of watching the Bucks in the NBA Finals and MU going 16-2 in the Big East, it'll be worth it.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Smokin' Jae

• Team Captain
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2018, 11:13:39 PM »
If your read their CEO’s quotes, a lot of what they are trying to do as a tech company is to recruit people to Milwaukee and they view this as part of that strategy.
Ding ding ding. This is exactly correct. Fiserv is moving their headquarters downtown to the fifth ward, book it, was told this and the naming rights back in february and posted as much here. A huge part of this is about becoming more of a brand and attracting talent

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2018, 03:03:15 AM »

The official booze sponsor: Effen Vodka.

The guys who came up with this booze label were members at Sunset Ridge CC in Northfield., IL when I worked there. I heard that they came up with the name after a particularly bad round of golf...get me to the clubhouse, "I need an Effen vodka."
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2018, 03:13:49 AM »
The Big F.

When we go undefeated at home this season, after every win we can say, "We F'd 'em again!"

It just Strzok me....(Lisa) PAGE-ing Mr. BUCKY BADGER....you've just been served a Fiserv Court warrant!!
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2018, 03:42:23 AM »
Seems obvious to me that fans will shorten it and call it the

THE FIRV

“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2018, 06:55:13 AM »
The guys who came up with this booze label were members at Sunset Ridge CC in Northfield., IL when I worked there. I heard that they came up with the name after a particularly bad round of golf...get me to the clubhouse, "I need an Effen vodka."

You are either gullible or joking. Effen was started by Chicago guys.
Have some patience, FFS.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2018, 07:17:36 AM »
You are either gullible or joking. Effen was started by Chicago guys.

Isn’t Sunset Ridge CC in the Chicago ‘burbs...specifically Northfield?

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2018, 07:34:31 AM »
Four-One-Forum?

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2018, 07:51:03 AM »
I honestly thought it was a joke the first time I heard Guaranteed Rate Field. It sounds like an SNL skit making fun of stadiums named after companies.  It might have something to do with it being a stupid name for a company to begin with.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2018, 08:16:11 AM »
Isn’t Sunset Ridge CC in the Chicago ‘burbs...specifically Northfield?

You are right...I read that wrong.

Blaming my old eyes...
Have some patience, FFS.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2018, 08:27:21 AM »
F Squared

Bucks walked away months ago from this deel. Peter and his NY posse kame crawlin' back to da table wen no won wood spit out $20 mil/yr four 20 yrs. Da deel is 'bout $6 mil/year four 25 yeers, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2018, 08:33:16 AM »
The Fissure texts are arriving from Kohl Hole fanatics.  Oh boy....

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2018, 09:03:34 AM »
It’s the logo.  A downward facing arrow is great for an insurance company, but for a baseball stadium it just looks negative.

I call it “Downvote Field”

If I remember correctly, the White Sox tried talking them into using a home plate instead of the downward arrow.  GR had none of it though.

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2018, 09:14:02 AM »

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2018, 09:29:36 AM »
Question: Did anyone here open a bank account at BMO Harris Bank due to the sponsorship?

I am not in marketing, nor did I study it, but I suspect the strategy is not that direct. They are trying to build brand awareness, slowly seeping into the minds of people as they encounter the brand over months and years. So when it is time to take out a mortgage or open a bank account, people will think of BMO Harris as one of several well-known, trusted options.

feedback