collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Duck Boat Tours  (Read 5567 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: Duck Boat Tours
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2018, 10:29:56 PM »
I am still trying to get over the image of Hillary Clinton in a housecoat on a Duck.  Some things should not be seen in public.

That said, I am close friends with the WI Dells Ducks owners' daughter.  Hot!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 11:01:11 PM by Dr. Blackheart »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2018, 07:30:22 AM »
I am still trying to get over the image of Hillary Clinton in a housecoat on a Duck.  Some things should not be seen in public.

Photos or B.S.  (The Duck Dynasty, not Housecoat Hillary!)

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2018, 08:16:38 AM »

So you are in the Friend Zone with a hot girl who can get you free Duck Boat rides.  I am sure the other guys on this board are super jealous.   ;)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 08:59:30 AM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2018, 09:16:51 AM »
So you are in the Friend Zone with a hot girl who can get you free Duck Boat rides.  I am sure the other guys on this board are super jealous.   ;)

At this stage of my life, I'm just happy when a hot girl talks to me.  (That includes my wife BTW.)

🏀

• All American
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2018, 09:22:00 AM »
The Dells Duck Boats should have more booze.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2018, 10:18:47 AM »

At this stage of my life, I'm just happy when a hot girl talks to me.  (That includes my wife BTW.)
At this point in my life, I am glad that Emily from card services wants to talk to me.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2018, 01:50:35 PM »
At this point in my life, I am glad that Emily from card services wants to talk to me.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2018, 02:13:13 PM »
Yes, but she is REALLY into me.  She calls me more often than my wife does.  And never because she is angry.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2018, 03:15:04 PM »
Yes, but she is REALLY into me.  She calls me more often than my wife does.  And never because she is angry.

Does she ever ask you for cool ranch doritos?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2018, 11:49:44 PM »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2018, 09:00:20 PM »

Does she have an Indian accent?

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2018, 09:04:35 PM »
we did the Dells duck boat tour last summer.  They are re-purposed military duck boats, so definitely different than what was being operated in MO.  I had no concerns on the Dells tour. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/07/26/self-taught-businessman-with-no-engineering-credentials-designed-missouri-duck-boat-records-say/?noredirect=on

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2018, 10:02:13 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/07/26/self-taught-businessman-with-no-engineering-credentials-designed-missouri-duck-boat-records-say/?noredirect=on

The Branson duck boats were not the vintage 1942-1945 GM manufactured DUKW amphibious landing craft.  They were a modern knockoff.  The duck boats in the Dells are the originals.  As has been discussed the major fatal flaw of the Branson design is they are built similar to a school bus and as soon as it went down, lifejackets or not the passengers were encased inside and in dark deep water had seconds to determine a way out of an unfamilar enclosure.
The dells ducks have a canopy with approx 4 feet of an opening from the gunnel to the canopy making it simple to splil out.
Lastly the air intake and exhaust of the original DUKW military design is very high up on the vehicle, in fact probably the biggest complaint of the boats in the Dells is the belching diesel exhaust.   Intakes and exhaust of the Branson boats was lowered but high waves flooded the engine and most impotantly power to the bilge pumps and we know the rest.  Horrible tragedy.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2018, 10:54:58 PM »
The Branson duck boats were not the vintage 1942-1945 GM manufactured DUKW amphibious landing craft.  They were a modern knockoff.  The duck boats in the Dells are the originals.  As has been discussed the major fatal flaw of the Branson design is they are built similar to a school bus and as soon as it went down, lifejackets or not the passengers were encased inside and in dark deep water had seconds to determine a way out of an unfamilar enclosure.
The dells ducks have a canopy with approx 4 feet of an opening from the gunnel to the canopy making it simple to splil out.
Lastly the air intake and exhaust of the original DUKW military design is very high up on the vehicle, in fact probably the biggest complaint of the boats in the Dells is the belching diesel exhaust.   Intakes and exhaust of the Branson boats was lowered but high waves flooded the engine and most impotantly power to the bilge pumps and we know the rest.  Horrible tragedy.

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/02/c4/8b/19/original-wisconsin-ducks.jpg

It seems the canopy is indeed basically a tarp, not to mention has plenty of escape routes if it sunk.

It would appear that the two companies in the Dells are the only operators using the original design exclusively.  I guess when you’ve been in business since the end of the war without any serious injuries (let alone zero fatalities) there’s no need to fix (or modify) what isn’t broke. 

At the risk of being banned again for mentioning that war that obliterated the 3d reich, I’m not sure if the lesson here is that US Army engineering during WWII was nothing short of genius or that it doesn’t take a genius to know not to modify a WWII engineered vehicle.

Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.