[April 22, 2024, 08:17:35 PM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WeAreMarquette96
[April 22, 2024, 01:49:31 PM]

[Paint Touches] Way-Too-Early roundup of MU rankings by tower912
[April 22, 2024, 01:29:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Cord cutting revisited  (Read 92292 times)

MUfan12

• All American
Re: Cord cutting revisited
« Reply #425 on: December 01, 2020, 09:55:17 AM »
Seems everyone must be in the same household and then up to 3 streams are permitted.

My brother is on our account and has never run into an issue. If the people are outside of the home area, I think they'll need to login periodically from where the account originated to reset the clock.

That said, with the NBA three weeks away now, I need FS Wisconsin, and I'm assuming Sinclair won't reach any deals before then. I have ATT internet which takes me out of some Spectrum bundle deals. Has anyone used their streaming services? It's a little pricey, but cheaper than cable.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #426 on: December 01, 2020, 10:21:06 AM »
Is that really legit?  This is all I found on the YouTubeTV site.  Seems everyone must be in the same household and then up to 3 streams are permitted.

-----------------------------

Can I share my membership?

Yes, your YouTube TV membership comes with 6 accounts to share with roommates or family members in your household. (Ages 13 and up.) Everyone gets their own login, personalized content recommendations, and individual DVR library. Up to 3 simultaneous streams are allowed per membership.

Yes, multiple separate accounts are real. I have shared with two daughters who live in different cities. The each get their own separate streams on up to 3 devices, and can set the channel lineup and DVR independently of me.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #427 on: December 01, 2020, 10:58:06 AM »
My brother is on our account and has never run into an issue. If the people are outside of the home area, I think they'll need to login periodically from where the account originated to reset the clock.

That said, with the NBA three weeks away now, I need FS Wisconsin, and I'm assuming Sinclair won't reach any deals before then. I have ATT internet which takes me out of some Spectrum bundle deals. Has anyone used their streaming services? It's a little pricey, but cheaper than cable.

I've been a DirecTVNow into ATTNow customer from the beginning. Still have my grandfathered in account where I get $25 off per month from about 3 years ago.

It's an ok system. Does the job well. Wife who hates using technology finds it easy to use. Has (had) the largest channel offerings.

Have you thought of VPN with streaming NBA Ticket?
But I like to throw handfuls...

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #428 on: December 01, 2020, 12:32:32 PM »

Yes, multiple separate accounts are real. I have shared with two daughters who live in different cities. The each get their own separate streams on up to 3 devices, and can set the channel lineup and DVR independently of me.

That is odd that it works. You get 3 streams per member, not account.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 12:44:18 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #429 on: December 01, 2020, 01:02:07 PM »
I've been a DirecTVNow into ATTNow customer from the beginning. Still have my grandfathered in account where I get $25 off per month from about 3 years ago.

It's an ok system. Does the job well. Wife who hates using technology finds it easy to use. Has (had) the largest channel offerings.

Have you thought of VPN with streaming NBA Ticket?

I have, but honestly I'd just want the ease of being able to flip around in one app.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #430 on: December 02, 2020, 09:21:19 AM »
YouTube TV dropped the Tennis Channel.

WGN America has reached a multi-year carriage deal with YouTube TV, beginning January 19, 2021.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #431 on: December 02, 2020, 10:02:41 AM »
YouTube TV dropped the Tennis Channel.

WGN America has reached a multi-year carriage deal with YouTube TV, beginning January 19, 2021.

It will surprise few that Sinclair owns Tennis Channel.

As posted here before, Sinclair has a new strategy of on screen gambling during sports while people watch them on tv. This will happen early 2021. They will use this revenue to offset subscriber losses, until they roll out their direct to consumer subscriptions later in 2021.

For reference Tennis Channel Plus is an overpriced, difficult add/drop service.

The biggest problem with YouTube TV is their terrible customer service. In the past it was great. Call came immediately after request from California. Problem negotiated and resolved quickly.

The only phone customer service with YTTV right now is International. And, out of country customer service has limited power, and limited flexibility, to problem solve.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 10:50:27 AM by shoothoops »

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #432 on: December 07, 2020, 05:57:01 PM »
I apologize; I’m sure this is answered somewhere, but I can’t find it.

We switched to Hulu Live, which had worked well up to this point, but I want to watch the UCLA game. We have a Roku; is there a free trial I can sign up for to watch Friday’s game? Sling maybe?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #433 on: December 07, 2020, 06:04:21 PM »
I apologize; I’m sure this is answered somewhere, but I can’t find it.

We switched to Hulu Live, which had worked well up to this point, but I want to watch the UCLA game. We have a Roku; is there a free trial I can sign up for to watch Friday’s game? Sling maybe?

I don't know about Sling but YouTube TV has a 7 day free trial - unless, of course, that is what you switched from.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #434 on: December 07, 2020, 06:44:34 PM »
I don't know about Sling but YouTube TV has a 7 day free trial - unless, of course, that is what you switched from.

I believe he wants Pac 12 Network. YouTube TV does not carry Pac 12 Network.

Dish, which owns Sling has Pac 12 Network. I would have to look up Sling but I would guess they have it. And I would imagine one could do a free trial to get the MU v UCLA game.

I looked it up because I need the same thing to see it.

1) Fubo TV Free 7 day trial no questions asked, has Pac 12 Network.

2) Sling has Pac 12 Network in orange or blue package. See if you can get a free trial to see the UCLA game.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 06:50:26 PM by shoothoops »

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #435 on: December 07, 2020, 06:53:10 PM »

Dish, which owns Sling has Pac 12 Network. I would have to look up Sling but I would guess they have it. And I would imagine one could do a free trial to get the MU v UCLA game.

2) Sling has Pac 12 Network in orange or blue package. See if you can get a free trial to see the UCLA game.
Thanks. I’m just looking to watch the UCLA game, YTTV does not seem like an option, so I will explore the orange/blue Sling or Fubo option. I appreciate the advice.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 07:02:56 PM by WI inferiority Complexes »

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #436 on: December 07, 2020, 06:57:37 PM »

OK. I just assumed he wanted fS1 because he has Wisconsin in his name.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #437 on: December 07, 2020, 08:01:01 PM »
Thanks. I’m just looking to watch the UCLA game, YTTV does not seem like an option, so I will explore the orange/blue Sling or Fubo option. I appreciate the advice.

Sure. 👍 I have YTTV, and, you are correct, it is not an option for the UCLA game on Pac 12 Network. I will also be trying one of the two you are doing. Those are the only two I know of to try.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #438 on: December 07, 2020, 08:40:35 PM »
Sure. 👍 I have YTTV, and, you are correct, it is not an option for the UCLA game on Pac 12 Network. I will also be trying one of the two you are doing. Those are the only two I know of to try.

Isn’t the game on FS1 as well on YTTV?

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #439 on: December 07, 2020, 08:44:28 PM »
Isn’t the game on FS1 as well on YTTV?

I thought it was a Pac 12 Network Game only. That is why we were trying to figure out how to get Pac 12 Network, just for this game.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #440 on: December 07, 2020, 09:47:26 PM »
I thought it was a Pac 12 Network Game only.

I'm pretty certain you are correct.  Unless things have changed from Marquette's official schedule:
https://gomarquette.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #441 on: December 07, 2020, 10:20:41 PM »
I'm pretty certain you are correct.  Unless things have changed from Marquette's official schedule:
https://gomarquette.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule

Looks like you're right. I was thinking about tomorrow's game for some reason.

Looks like FUBO or Sling for Ucla.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #442 on: December 07, 2020, 10:40:32 PM »
Looks like you're right. I was thinking about tomorrow's game for some reason.

Looks like FUBO or Sling for Ucla.

Or buffstreams

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #443 on: December 08, 2020, 10:26:44 AM »
I've said it 10k times, it's on the Pac-12 Network. It's in the TV schedule thread. Link in the thread is what provider has the PAC-12 Networks.
https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=60894.msg1278724#msg1278724

« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 10:30:40 AM by Mr. Nielsen »
-Bill Walton

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #444 on: December 08, 2020, 11:09:32 AM »
I've said it 10k times, it's on the Pac-12 Network. It's in the TV schedule thread. Link in the thread is what provider has the PAC-12 Networks.
https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=60894.msg1278724#msg1278724

I think you said it twice. :)

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #445 on: December 28, 2020, 05:16:08 PM »
Mr. Nielsen—
Looking forward to March....assuming Madness is on.....are games scheduled to be on TBS, TNT, etc. as in years past?
My sling deal runs out end of January, so
Looking into all options.
Thank you in advance.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #446 on: December 29, 2020, 09:00:45 PM »
Mr. Nielsen—
Looking forward to March....assuming Madness is on.....are games scheduled to be on TBS, TNT, etc. as in years past?
My sling deal runs out end of January, so
Looking into all options.
Thank you in advance.

Yes! CBS, TBS, TNT and Tru Tv.
-Bill Walton

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #447 on: January 01, 2021, 08:38:22 AM »
Going back to more of the same.  The Discovery family of channels had been hyping Discovery+ Channel for $5.00 month starting Jan 4 and my wife has been waiting for Discovery of Witches Season 2 which seems to be appearing on Jan 9 on the new ap AMC+ first before the broadcast channel.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #448 on: January 05, 2021, 08:53:34 AM »
What are people using to watch Fox Sports Regional Channels? Many services aren't carrying them.

NBA has started.
NHL starts in two weeks.
Tennis has started.

Sinclair owns most of the channels affiliated with these sports. Their direct to consumer product is not expected to be available until later this year.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #449 on: January 05, 2021, 09:15:22 AM »
What are people using to watch Fox Sports Regional Channels? Many services aren't carrying them.

My buddy's login at this point. It's been fine for the most part, despite FS Go being about 90 seconds behind live action.

Spectrum quoted me a first year rate of $30/mo more, no real deals available since I don't use them for internet. I'm going back and forth on ATT TV... with discounts it would be the same as YTTV for the first year, but it's a 2 year contract, and I'm not sure I want that.