[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Racial Incident at Marquette  (Read 3787 times)

GGGG

• All American
Racial Incident at Marquette
« on: April 26, 2018, 06:40:40 AM »
http://fox6now.com/2018/04/25/no-place-for-that-racially-charged-photos-spark-backlash-from-marquette-university-students/

Marquette's letter to campus:

https://today.marquette.edu/2018/04/update-from-university-leaders-april-25-2018/

Also apparently there was an open campus meeting of some sort last evening.  Many frustrations expressed by minority students that this just part of a larger problem.

jsglow

• All American
Re: Racial Incident at Marquette
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 09:19:48 AM »
Pleased that the university is taking this issue seriously.  Unacceptable on every level.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 09:48:22 AM »
Pleased that the university is taking this issue seriously.  Unacceptable on every level.

Agreed.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 09:50:47 AM »
To borrow from another esteemed poster... arrest them.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 09:57:29 AM »

i can't imagine what kind of satisfaction this could bring to anyone. when the person or persons are caught, bring on out, front and center for all to see.  people who carry out this kind of cowardly, evil chit is hurtful to everyone of all backgrounds
don't...don't don't don't don't

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 10:35:27 AM »
When I'm dictator for life this will serve as Item 1 on my justification for bringing back parading people through the town square and allowing them to be hit with rotten food.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2018, 10:44:33 AM »

i can't imagine what kind of satisfaction this could bring to anyone. when the person or persons are caught, bring on out, front and center for all to see.  people who carry out this kind of cowardly, evil chit is hurtful to everyone of all backgrounds

Amen to both of these comments. 

chapman

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2018, 11:09:53 AM »
Syracuse just went through the whole thing with the frat.  The line between racist and "satire" is quite clear.  Good to see the administration acting quickly, and hope they follow through and revoke the offender(s) privilege to attend MU.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2018, 11:30:48 AM »
When I'm dictator for life this will serve as Item 1 on my justification for bringing back parading people through the town square and allowing them to be hit with rotten food.

Personally, I prefer tar and feathering people, but the rotten food is a bit more humane.

Important question.  When they are being paraded through the town square, are they clothed, or not (ala Game of Thrones). 

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2018, 11:32:53 AM »

And based on personal observation, also unacceptable to the overwhelming majority of Marquette students.

Have some patience, FFS.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2018, 12:23:34 PM »
What does chuuch mean with the picture?
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2018, 12:53:33 PM »
Doesn't seem like a good use of Arby's, but whatever man, you're the dictator...

/hides
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2018, 01:49:09 PM »
My question is why do they blur their faces in the picture? After doing something like that I personally don't believe that they should be entitled to being protected from public view.

Then again, I'm not a lawyer and maybe there's a legal reason they blur their faces?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2018, 01:50:47 PM »
My question is why do they blur their faces in the picture? After doing something like that I personally don't believe that they should be entitled to being protected from public view.

Then again, I'm not a lawyer and maybe there's a legal reason they blur their faces?

They can't confirm they aren't minors.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2018, 01:53:48 PM »

They can't confirm they aren't minors.

Gotcha, figured it was an issue with being a minor but convinced myself otherwise since they're all college kids.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2018, 02:29:09 PM »
What does chuuch mean with the picture?
Had to google that...wish I had that time of my life back...short version ...Amen

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2018, 02:52:03 PM »

do they know that these were the individuals that posted the picture or were responsible for displaying it? 

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2018, 03:10:41 PM »
do they know that these were the individuals that posted the picture or were responsible for displaying it?

It's snapchat, you know who the picture comes from.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2018, 05:43:39 PM »

Unless there's a new musnaps account. RIP to the one I used to follow, there were some very interesting things that'd show up on that
Maigh Eo for Sam

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2018, 06:21:12 PM »

ok, thank you.   understand some of us grew up with polaroid and kodak.  snapchat sounds like something one needs to take antibiotics for :D  don't know how it works

MU82

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2018, 10:26:41 PM »
Some people ruin the fun for all the racists out there!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2018, 10:05:03 PM »
Doesn't seem like a good use of Arby's, but whatever man, you're the dictator...

/hides
LOL, best 24 hour ban ever Mods! :)
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2018, 12:31:20 AM »
Syracuse just went through the whole thing with the frat.  The line between racist and "satire" is quite clear.  Good to see the administration acting quickly, and hope they follow through and revoke the offender(s) privilege to attend MU.

Except the students have now sued the school for not allowing them to be racists .