Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Gard Yeeeeesss!!!  (Read 7515 times)

burger

• All American
Re: Gard Yeeeeesss!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 04:10:16 PM »
HAPPY DANCE!

fjm

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 04:11:14 PM »
WOOOOO!!!

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 04:14:30 PM »
How 'bout this double good news this afternoon!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 04:56:21 PM »
Awesome.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 04:59:35 PM »

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 05:01:51 PM »
Your tax dollars at work! Worth it, probably.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2018, 05:29:27 PM »
Epic Friday for Marquette! Not so much for State U and UL.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2018, 06:12:06 PM »
Christmas in April

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2018, 06:41:04 PM »
I hope this thread ages well.  I mean, I certainly agree with the consensus, but...
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2018, 06:43:37 PM »
I hope this thread ages well.  I mean, I certainly agree with the consensus, but...
My thoughts exactly
No Finish Line

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2018, 06:49:58 PM »
Basically they had to extend him to assure recruits he'll be there if they sign.  Gard is a very good coach and he will do well in that mediocre conference. See Nebraska.

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2018, 07:08:13 PM »
Basically they had to extend him to assure recruits he'll be there if they sign.  Gard is a very good coach and he will do well in that mediocre conference. See Nebraska.

Gard does have 4 NCAA tourney wins, two Sweet 16 appearances...in 2.5 years at the helm.  He can coach. 

We finished 53 in Pomeroy with virtually no injuries.  UW finished 70 this past season, losing two key contributors in early December.

Will come down to recruiting for Gard.  Seems Wojo has him on that front so far, but Gard is better on the X's and O's.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2018, 07:16:18 PM »
Gard does have 4 NCAA tourney wins, two Sweet 16 appearances...in 2.5 years at the helm.  He can coach. 

We finished 53 in Pomeroy with virtually no injuries.  UW finished 70 this past season, losing two key contributors in early December.

Will come down to recruiting for Gard.  Seems Wojo has him on that front so far, but Gard is better on the X's and O's.
Gard is better on Xs and Os because he was working with the end of Bo's recruits. Time will tell if he is actually better. I tend to think not...
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2018, 07:36:40 PM »

Lol.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2018, 07:45:03 PM »
Bingo!!
Recruits have been waiting and watching to see if Gard will be there long term. I don’t think that he will be there long term, but when you must give your head coach an extension after a 15-18 season.........

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2018, 08:28:02 PM »

Wow. Anything to bash wojo. Your POV is showing.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2018, 08:53:27 PM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2018, 09:22:16 PM »
When I saw this I assumed MU had gotten a guard. I was pissed off when I realized my perception was wrong. Then I saw the other thread. NM.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2018, 09:41:24 PM »

Gard's predecessor left him a lot more to work with than Wojo's.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2018, 12:06:20 AM »
How 'bout this double good news this afternoon!

Fri 4/20/18:
POINT GARD day!
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2018, 09:00:57 AM »

I don't know what people see in him to suggest he's a "very good coach."  This year was the first that he wasn't blessed with experienced players and they looked really lost at times.  They did get better as the B10 season went on so he obviously did something right, but I think the jury is still out on him.

I think a one year extension is fair, but is hardly a ringing endorsement.  They hand those things out as a matter of course.  (Smart policy BTW.)  They can afford a buy-out if they need one.

Next year will say a lot IMO.  But his recruiting has been pretty mediocre.  I wouldn't trade Wojo for him.  Not even a question.

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2018, 09:25:33 AM »
Lol.

Appreciate your new response when unable to dispute the point...other than through an exercise of extreme excuse making.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2018, 09:27:48 AM »

I don't know what people see in him to suggest he's a "very good coach."  This year was the first that he wasn't blessed with experienced players and they looked really lost at times.  They did get better as the B10 season went on so he obviously did something right, but I think the jury is still out on him.

I think a one year extension is fair, but is hardly a ringing endorsement.  They hand those things out as a matter of course.  (Smart policy BTW.)  They can afford a buy-out if they need one.

Next year will say a lot IMO.  But his recruiting has been pretty mediocre.  I wouldn't trade Wojo for him.  Not even a question.

Yup.

Happy to see the rodents keep him around.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2018, 10:41:59 AM »
Well after how much crap certain people gave Marquette for giving Wojo an extension after two years, I can't wait to see the crap those same people give UW for giving him an extension after turning in the worst season in the past 30 years of UW basketball.  ::)

It's almost like schools give meaningless extensions to coaches as shows of good faith and to help settle any concerns on the recruitment trail.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

feedback