Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New arena  (Read 13135 times)

Marquette4life

• All American
New arena
« on: March 23, 2018, 10:38:58 AM »
What do you guys think Marquette will do scheduling wise including the opener in the new arena? And also throughout the year. What adjustments do you think they will make if any.

warriorchick

• All American
Re: New arena
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 10:44:23 AM »
What do you guys think Marquette will do scheduling wise including the opener in the new arena? And also throughout the year. What adjustments do you think they will make if any.

Let's hope they don't do the idiotic thing that DePaul did and schedule a team that

a.  would pack the arena with their opponent's fans
b.  likely beat them handily
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 10:46:20 AM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 10:52:36 AM »

I wouldn't expect much more than a run-of-the-mill buy game.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 10:55:18 AM »
Hopefully they at least do the gavitt game to open. A random big 10 team would be better than little sisters of the poor state
Maigh Eo for Sam

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 10:56:57 AM »
Hopefully they at least do the gavitt game to open. A random big 10 team would be better than little sisters of the poor state
MU is due to play the next two on the road in that event.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 10:58:30 AM »
Let's hope they don't do the idiotic thing that DePaul did and schedule a team that

a.  would pack the arena with their opponent's fans
b.  likely beat them handily

Short of the Washington Generals, not many teams adhere to both criteria for DePaul.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 10:59:12 AM »
I'd like to see a ~100-150 RPI team that we can pound but will aslo help the non-con SOS. Thread the needle baby!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 11:02:35 AM »
I'd like to see a ~100-150 RPI team that we can pound but will aslo help the non-con SOS. Thread the needle baby!

Next year's non-conference schedule, with a road Gavitt Game and two of Kansas, Tennessee and Louisville is going to be pretty good as it is.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 11:32:22 AM »
pretty sure it was announced somewhere that they aren't bringing in a big name for the opener.  Game 1, cupcake.  game 2, Home and Home game.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2018, 11:34:36 AM »
I vote for a run of the mill buy game.  No need to open with a big name opponent.  The new arena will be cool enough to check out, without the distraction of a top notch opponent  :o  Gotta walk around and check out all of the food and beer offerings.

On the arena topic.  I want to visit the MU arena web site, but my computer says that that page has malware... I'm on a mac running bitdefender and this has never happened to me for any other site.  Anyone else having this happen? The link below is fine, but when I click to go to the arena page, I get the warning...

http://www.gomarquette.com/tickets/m-baskbl-main.html
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 11:37:58 AM by GOO »

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2018, 11:59:53 AM »
How about an exhibition with the Bucks?

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2018, 12:15:19 PM »
Financially, I think MU is better off with a buy-in cupcake, given that the interest level in the first game in the new arena likely leads to big crowd regardless of the opponent.   

Don't "waste" the opener on a better team likely to draw a decent crowd later in the season; instead, get a better crowd for a game that would draw poorly if scheduled a few games into the season.

Or just schedule ND.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2018, 12:22:27 PM »
Financially, I think MU is better off with a buy-in cupcake, given that the interest level in the first game in the new arena likely leads to big crowd regardless of the opponent.   

Don't "waste" the opener on a better team likely to draw a decent crowd later in the season; instead, get a better crowd for a game that would draw poorly if scheduled a few games into the season.

Or just schedule ND.

+1,000,000,000

You know the drill.....ND sucks!

The Scat

• Walk-On
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2018, 12:22:50 PM »
How about an exhibition with the Bucks?
Good idea - that would allow Marquette to be the best defensive team on the court.

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2018, 12:26:57 PM »
Looking at the new arena website, it appears that MU is not going to base the initial season seating on priority points, but base it on where you currently sit at the BC:

"Marquette Athletics will engage with current 2017-18 season ticket members in the appropriate sequence based on his/her current seat location at the BMO Harris Bradley Center and priority point level"

And also...

"In year one (2018-19), we will reseat the new arena using the same processes that we’ve used in the past. Prior to year two, 2019-20, we will reseat based on priority points, giving season ticket members the opportunity to choose from the best available seats."

I thought the reseating process in every past year was best available seat based on number of points.  So what is this "process we've used in the past" going to be for next season?

So does this mean that if you had a large number of points but chose to sit in the 400 level at the BC, that you will be in the upper level in the new arena, regardless of points?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2018, 12:40:07 PM »
The process in the past is seating based on priorities set by the STH. So Marquette will look at your priority list and give you seats that best match your requests. Starting the second year, fans will pick exact seats, which wasn't previously allowed based on how the system was set up. That's how I read it.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2018, 12:45:12 PM »
Good idea - that would allow Marquette to be the best defensive team on the court.

Winner

Carl Spackler

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2018, 12:47:23 PM »
The process in the past is seating based on priorities set by the STH. So Marquette will look at your priority list and give you seats that best match your requests. Starting the second year, fans will pick exact seats, which wasn't previously allowed based on how the system was set up. That's how I read it.

Key for myself, and people i sit near, will be knowing the student sections and the band section. 

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2018, 12:59:59 PM »
Whomever the opponent is, it will say a great deal about the expectations for next year.  If it's a Notre Dame, the belief is that we will be very good and expect to compete with anyone.  If it's a Georgia Southern, it says we just want the wins and will be content with getting to the tournament.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2018, 01:05:52 PM »
What do you guys think Marquette will do scheduling wise including the opener in the new arena?

Three simple letters that could be the most perfect solution ever proposed on Scoop:

LUC

With half their team graduating, it would be the highest profile cupcake ever, and having Sister Jean courtside for the inaugural game might pay future dividends from a divinity standpoint.

BTW - Broeker might be wise to book them now before they meet Nova in the national championship.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 01:09:12 PM by Benny B »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2018, 01:16:53 PM »
It will be a run of the mill bye game. Hopefully one that didn't hurt our resume. You definitely want to win the first game in the new stadium
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2018, 01:19:43 PM »
Three simple letters that could be the most perfect solution ever proposed on Scoop:

LUC

With half their team graduating, it would be the highest profile cupcake ever, and having Sister Jean courtside for the inaugural game might pay future dividends from a divinity standpoint.

BTW - Broeker might be wise to book them now before they meet Nova in the national championship.

In an ordinary year, that would be perfect. Old rival from just down the road and such. Popular among MU old-timers so there would be interest, but not so popular that it would ordinarily be a sellout. But after the run LUC has had, this upcoming season we might sell that game out on a Tuesday night in mid-December.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2018, 01:50:50 PM »
Anyone hear whether they'll have any tours or open house events before the reseating so one can get a good idea of the site lines/view/feeling of various seating locations?

MUDagwood

• Walk-On
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2018, 03:15:50 PM »
Anyone hear whether they'll have any tours or open house events before the reseating so one can get a good idea of the site lines/view/feeling of various seating locations?

WILL THERE BE TOURS OF THE WESC PRIOR TO THE 2018-19 BASKETBALL SEASON?

We are unable to provide access to the arena prior to seat selection. Our goal is to provide an event this Fall exclusive for Marquette season ticket members. Please check back regularly for more information.

Ridiculous. 

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2018, 03:33:33 PM »
WILL THERE BE TOURS OF THE WESC PRIOR TO THE 2018-19 BASKETBALL SEASON?

We are unable to provide access to the arena prior to seat selection. Our goal is to provide an event this Fall exclusive for Marquette season ticket members. Please check back regularly for more information.

Ridiculous.

+1

Very disappointing.  Basically you'll be picking seats blind.  The online views are never even close to reality.