Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 12:00:10 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Banquet by Skatastrophy
[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Way too early 2018-2019 expectations...  (Read 18675 times)

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
Re: Way too early 2018-2019 expectations...
« Reply #125 on: March 22, 2018, 07:23:08 PM »
You just equated your opinion with the inevitability of the sun rising.

You truly believe your opinion is an honest to god fact. That is terrifying.

BTW, 82 coaches high school basketball now. In your eyes, wouldn't that trump your experience of playing high school basketball?
not unless 82 has a 40 inch vert.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #126 on: March 22, 2018, 07:55:26 PM »
You should really take your act to Dodds board. It is the perfect place for pollyanna.  Seriously.  You would thrive there.  In fact, you and Dodds, are nearly one in the same.

TSmith34 apparently thrives there as well.  No doubt TAMU would as well.  Dodds board is the board made for homers.

And yes - I'll gladly continue to debate opposite points to the "rest of you" (6).  I do appreciate reading your hot takes from your middle school girls basketball team coaching experience, and of course how Kevin O'Neill and Wojo walked into the same program upon arriving at MU. 

I look forward to interjecting this into future posts here:  But, did you coach middle school girls basketball?

And by the way - please re-post where I said I'm the smartest guy in the room?  That's your obsession and preoccupation with me.

Keep listing everybody who can't hang with you, Ners. You will name about 95% Scoop - 95% of whom know more about basketball than you ever will and 100% of whom are less obnoxious.

Work on the next screen name, buddy. It's only a matter of time.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #127 on: March 22, 2018, 07:57:05 PM »
Dan Hurley, Eric Musselman, and Nate Oats are all coaches that we could have had a chance at if we were being proactive.  All of whom I'm CONVINCED are lightyears better head coaches than Wojo.

As for convincing them to come here?  Salary, arena, Chicago pipeline, salary, attendance, Big East, salary?

This is really not that hard.  I also believe MU could have had a better COACH upon Wojo's original hiring, but his and the athletics department's sole objective at that time was to clean up the program so that we could exist in the Catholic 10 alongside Cooley and Wright.  Because, let's face it, Buzz was could coach a basketball team, but he was going to stick out in the C10 like a pig in Church.

URI, Nevada, and Buff cannot touch us in any of those areas.

Looks like y'boy Musselman can't defend a ball screen either...

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #128 on: March 23, 2018, 12:49:54 PM »
You should really take your act to Dodds board. It is the perfect place for pollyanna.  Seriously.  You would thrive there.  In fact, you and Dodds, are nearly one in the same.

TSmith34 apparently thrives there as well.  No doubt TAMU would as well.  Dodds board is the board made for homers.

And yes - I'll gladly continue to debate opposite points to the "rest of you" (6).  I do appreciate reading your hot takes from your middle school girls basketball team coaching experience, and of course how Kevin O'Neill and Wojo walked into the same program upon arriving at MU. 

I look forward to interjecting this into future posts here:  But, did you coach middle school girls basketball?

And by the way - please re-post where I said I'm the smartest guy in the room?  That's your obsession and preoccupation with me.
It isn't a matter of this board or that board, Ners, its you.  You're an argumentative, obnoxious, raging pud no matter the board.  And despite you repeatedly being banished for that behavior  from every single board you participate on, you'll never have the self-awareness to understand that its you, and solely you, that causes that.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2018, 01:06:43 PM »
It isn't a matter of this board or that board, Ners, its you.  You're an argumentative, obnoxious, raging pud no matter the board.  And despite you repeatedly being banished for that behavior  from every single board you participate on, you'll never have the self-awareness to understand that its you, and solely you, that causes that.

Got it.  So, what do you say about yourself and the usual handful of 6 that oppose my viewpoints?  What does that make you?  Argumentative?  Obnoxious?  Raging Puds?  What makes your viewpoints more valid, factual, informed, or right than my own? 

I find it sad that as adult men, who graduated from Marquette,  you and the usual herd (Tower, TAMU, 82, Sultan, Jesu84) get so bent out of shape by opinions that differ from your own. 

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2018, 01:17:45 PM »
Keep listing everybody who can't hang with you, Ners. You will name about 95% Scoop - 95% of whom know more about basketball than you ever will and 100% of whom are less obnoxious.

Work on the next screen name, buddy. It's only a matter of time.

95% of Scoop is great.  You fall into the 5% that, well, offer up hot takes such as Wojo and Kevin O'Neill walking into the same type of program upon taking the reigns at MU. 

Carry on basketball genius. 

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2018, 01:22:32 PM »
I find it sad that as adult men, who graduated from Marquette,  you and the usual herd (Tower, TAMU, 82, Sultan, Jesu84) get so bent out of shape by opinions that differ from your own.

Just an FYI: Your opinions suck just as much as the usual herd's.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #132 on: March 23, 2018, 01:22:47 PM »
Got it.  So, what do you say about yourself and the usual handful of 6 that oppose my viewpoints?  What does that make you?  Argumentative?  Obnoxious?  Raging Puds?  What makes your viewpoints more valid, factual, informed, or right than my own? 

I've gotten bent out of shape by your posts? I wasnt aware. I don't think I've ever attacked you for your opinions. I've disagreed with them. I've called you out when you mistake opinion for fact. But I don't think that's getting bent out of shape.  Even when you've called me an idiot, moron,  clueless,  thick skulled, and dense...that seems more like getting bent out of shape to me
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #133 on: March 23, 2018, 01:30:35 PM »
Just an FYI: Your opinions suck just as much as the usual herd's.

Hey, I herd that!

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #134 on: March 23, 2018, 01:36:10 PM »
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #135 on: March 23, 2018, 01:37:28 PM »
You fall into the 5% that, well, offer up hot takes such as Wojo and Kevin O'Neill walking into the same type of program upon taking the reigns at MU.

I've had many discussions with others on this topic. Goose and I are two who disagree strongly on it.

Goose managed to discuss it with me and others without calling any of us morons or numbskulls. He also managed to avoid dismissing all others as idiots who don't even deserve to share a conversation with him.

Again, it's you. Look in the effen mirror.

Oh, and learn the definition of "fact" and "opinion," too. It will serve you well in life if you let it.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #136 on: March 23, 2018, 08:06:47 PM »

I don't bother to oppose your view points.  I seldom if ever bother to respond to your repeated rants. What would the point be? 

But of course you are right: it is everyone else's fault that you are repeatedly banned from multiple boards.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 08:14:05 PM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #137 on: March 23, 2018, 08:08:31 PM »
Who?  Haven't responded in ages.  Haven't read anything  that wasn't quoted.  Sounds like somebody is obsessed about being ignored.  All Glenn Close.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 08:13:50 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #138 on: March 23, 2018, 08:32:16 PM »

Jesmu84. You forgot the "m"

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #139 on: March 24, 2018, 07:55:02 AM »
Scoop's 1 millionth post should have been:  "This is why we can't have nice things."

feedback