[Today at 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: ANY CHANCE OF NEW UNIFORMS NEXT YEAR?  (Read 11486 times)

Eldon

• All American
Re: ANY CHANCE OF NEW UNIFORMS NEXT YEAR?
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2018, 08:53:17 PM »
The stripes all the way down the sideline would be cool but those have been prohibited since the old Philly Spectrum court.  Sidelines have to be a solid color.

I like the huge MU in the middle but not with the Marquette banner.  I remember that eventually that was supposed to go away.  Having to put the name of the school in your logo is small time.  The MU is recognized now on its own.

I wouldn't mind a return to the 2002 and 2003 unis with the block lettering.  I like Nova and Xavier's simple 80's throwbacks that they've busted out.  Maybe add in the camo from the Doc Rivers days.

Source?

I like the banner on the logo.

El Duderino

• Team Captain
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2018, 02:21:23 AM »
This year's uniforms are hideous, bland and boring.  Kinda match the demeanor of the coach.  Nothing flashy, utilitarian.

My thoughts exactly

For many years, i thought Marquette stuck out as having different and great looking uniforms compared to most other teams.

These current Nike ones are as bland as it gets. Like something you'd see on some random rural high school basketball team trying to pinch pennies.

Yawn
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 02:22:57 AM by El Duderino »

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2018, 06:22:24 AM »
While the PC police most likely wouldn't allow an image of Gesu on the court, wouldn't Marquette Hall look cool at center court? Didn't Tom Crean-era BC have this image on the floor, or am I not remembering correctly? DUKE did this at one time with one of their academic buildings. I know I have a gold Crean-era MU Hoops tee with Marquette Hall positioned prominently.

It was on the “watermark” on the back of the jerseys, right above Al’s victory pose.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2018, 09:32:31 AM »
Source?

It's true - original design guidelines stated it would be dropped for the the MU wordmark. It was originally intended as a bridge to help people understand that the new MU was Marquette and not another university. For one reason or another they moved the banner logo to the primary athletics logo. You can read the full brand guidelines here: https://www.marquette.edu/omc/documents/MU%20Logo%20Standards.pdf
But I like to throw handfuls...

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2018, 09:41:51 AM »
It's true - original design guidelines stated it would be dropped for the the MU wordmark. It was originally intended as a bridge to help people understand that the new MU was Marquette and not another university. For one reason or another they moved the banner logo to the primary athletics logo. You can read the full brand guidelines here: https://www.marquette.edu/omc/documents/MU%20Logo%20Standards.pdf

I'm wondering if they eventually will just adapt the secondary logo.  It seems odd to have both in use.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2018, 11:25:18 AM »
Take 2 for anyone interested.

Threw on the MECCA shading and really like it

Center court is better, but still not convinced it would be an improvement over what we have now

Think the Big East logo pops better as gold instead of white, based off a quick google search the logo is white or blue for everybody, is this a rule? I would think that as long as you have the logo you can make it whatever color you want.

Put Marquette on the baseline per a suggestion, not sold.  Really hard to get letters to show up well on bumblebee

Played around briefly with putting a silhouette of Al somewhere, but it looked extremely cheesy however I set it up.

Keep the suggestions coming. 

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2018, 11:36:03 AM »
Source?

It was part of the initial logo rollout.

We shouldn't have to remind everyone "hey, this 'MU' stands for Marquette."
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”