[Today at 09:41:46 AM]

NM by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: ANY CHANCE OF NEW UNIFORMS NEXT YEAR?  (Read 11469 times)

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
Re: ANY CHANCE OF NEW UNIFORMS NEXT YEAR?
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2018, 01:49:04 PM »
My favorite ones were the ones we wore during 2013 when we made the Elite 8. Really disappointed they thought these new ones were better than those

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2018, 02:01:31 PM »
Taking a step back, I really love our current MU branding.  It has a classic feel, despite being relatively new, and it incorporates our colors from a variety of periods - no easy feat.  The Golden Eagle alternate logo is very cartoonish, but that is why it is an alternate and not the main logo.  I believe our former set of uniforms perfectly represented that brand, as well as our court design.  Our new uniforms are obviously representative of multiple eras, so it is hard for them to fully be representing of our current branding. 

I came across this court design online (it is not mine and would gladly give credit if I knew who did it), and I think it is very stylish.  It includes a nod to the MECCA court design, while having our colored stripes along the sidelines.  I would get rid of the Golden Eagle in the short corners, as they look out of place.  The MU should still remain on half court. 

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2018, 02:04:04 PM »
I'm a fan of the wood finish look for the lane. I think painting it a solid colour like blue is just a bit too busy.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2018, 02:37:10 PM »
Yep.  I think it is pretty odd that the floor of Xavier's on-campus arena has the outline of the Cincinnati skyline - especially since there is an actual University of Cincinnati.

I love the court-skyline trend thats going around right now.  I think the new and improved Milwaukee skyline has the potential to be really striking on the court. Imagine the Calatrava at one end, then the two skyscrapers, city hall, Marquette Hall and Gesu, then Miller Park on the other end. 

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2018, 02:38:20 PM »
A great marketing promotion would be to have Bo Ellis design our uniforms again. I am sure he would love to do it and it would definitely catch the attention of the media.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2018, 03:03:21 PM »
I love the court-skyline trend thats going around right now.  I think the new and improved Milwaukee skyline has the potential to be really striking on the court. Imagine the Calatrava at one end, then the two skyscrapers, city hall, Marquette Hall and Gesu, then Miller Park on the other end.

No thank you.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2018, 03:05:52 PM »
The level of detail that you can do with this would not do the Calatrava justice.  You would also run into some scaling problems

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2018, 03:26:50 PM »
No thank you.

Agree - the only thing worse than this is the pot-induced court design going on at Oregon

I'm all for a refresh, though.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2018, 03:29:37 PM »
Agree - the only thing worse than this is the pot-induced court design going on at Oregon

Hey, man, sometimes it's cool to just, you know, lie on the roof and stare down at the sky, man, and ponder your place in the universe.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2018, 03:41:34 PM »
Before I get set on fire...

What would folks think about the Jumpman on the court?  Lots of teams are putting ads on their courts, and I couldn't think of a cooler one than the Jordan logo.

Depends on how much Nike is willing to spend to put it there.
Have some patience, FFS.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2018, 03:42:15 PM »

I'm all for a refresh, though.

It someone drop a huge vat of bleach onto center court?
Have some patience, FFS.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2018, 03:44:04 PM »

If anyone should have that, it should be UWM - and only UWM.  Just replace Marquette Hall and Gesu with a couple of their *snicker* architecturally significant buildings.
Have some patience, FFS.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2018, 03:46:53 PM »
WOAT - Northwestern's court from a few years back

Looks like they simply got a bunch of gradeschoolers to fill in the space between the paint and the 3-point circle with magic marker.

Purple happens to be my favorite color, and Northwestern seems hell-bent on ruining it for me.  See also:  their purple football pants.
Have some patience, FFS.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2018, 04:04:34 PM »
WOAT - Northwestern's court from a few years back

Looks like they simply got a bunch of gradeschoolers to fill in the space between the paint and the 3-point circle with magic marker.

Purple happens to be my favorite color, and Northwestern seems hell-bent on ruining it for me.  See also:  their purple football pants.

Speaking of stupid purple uniforms, to say nothing about our friends in Minneapolis:

reinko

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2018, 04:33:06 PM »
Depends on how much Nike is willing to spend to put it there.

Yerp

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2018, 05:05:31 PM »
You guys have inspired me to give it a go at designing a new court (easier than unis because its 2d).

Credit to GoldenWarrior11 for the outside matching to our current unis.

Wanted to see a new logo at center, nothing wrong with the current one, just wanted to see something different and the only other alternative would be the screaming chicken, which I don't like.

Liked the MU logo enough to keep it but moved to replace the AL logo, and give Rowsey a spot to launch from.

Wanted to keep Al somewhere so I moved him to the paint and slid the Big East logo to the baseline.  Obviously couldn't go there because of the arc.

Not sold on the powder blue around the perimeter, but I wanted it on more than just center court, because I like the powder blue.

Also forgive the horrendous wood texture that I used, I threw this together kinda quickly.

Any feedback or ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

EDIT: Tried to incorporate "We are Marquette" somewhere but no color shows up well on the bumblebee.

I like the sidelines, but it should say "MARQUETTE" boldly on the endlines in gold.  Also, at center court, how about a large navy/gold/babyblue rectangle that matches the belt of our current shorts?  Possibly with the MU logo inside it.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2018, 05:14:52 PM »
Taking a step back, I really love our current MU branding.  It has a classic feel, despite being relatively new, and it incorporates our colors from a variety of periods - no easy feat.  The Golden Eagle alternate logo is very cartoonish, but that is why it is an alternate and not the main logo.  I believe our former set of uniforms perfectly represented that brand, as well as our court design.  Our new uniforms are obviously representative of multiple eras, so it is hard for them to fully be representing of our current branding. 

I came across this court design online (it is not mine and would gladly give credit if I knew who did it), and I think it is very stylish.  It includes a nod to the MECCA court design, while having our colored stripes along the sidelines.  I would get rid of the Golden Eagle in the short corners, as they look out of place.  The MU should still remain on half court.

The stripes all the way down the sideline would be cool but those have been prohibited since the old Philly Spectrum court.  Sidelines have to be a solid color.

I like the huge MU in the middle but not with the Marquette banner.  I remember that eventually that was supposed to go away.  Having to put the name of the school in your logo is small time.  The MU is recognized now on its own.

I wouldn't mind a return to the 2002 and 2003 unis with the block lettering.  I like Nova and Xavier's simple 80's throwbacks that they've busted out.  Maybe add in the camo from the Doc Rivers days.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2018, 06:37:54 PM »

I like the nod to the old MECCA floor. Understated, but clearly recognizable.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2018, 06:45:24 PM »
I'm a fan of the wood finish...

Any home floor that ends in a happy ending, i am up for, aina?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2018, 06:52:34 PM »
Calling on bo Ellis!  As long as he ain’t coaching(presently in athletics admin. In Chicago) might as well ask him to reach into his inner creativity for us once again
don't...don't don't don't don't

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2018, 06:52:36 PM »
I'd rather a silhouette of the one time Davante got all the way up for a dunk.

A davante silhouette with a bball in one hand and a beef n cheddar in the other.

Lock it topper.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2018, 06:59:39 PM »
A davante silhouette with a bball in one hand and a beef n cheddar in the other.

Lock it topper.

With a smudge of Horsey Sauce on his silhouette lips to top it off.  I am quite sure that a Season Ticket Holder of the Game can make this happen.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2018, 08:14:31 PM »
A great marketing promotion would be to have Bo Ellis design our uniforms again. I am sure he would love to do it and it would definitely catch the attention of the media.

I like this idea.

Also, how about Bill Scholl and Joe True get on the phone with reps from Untuck It, the makers of custom-tailored untucked casual shirts, for an advertising partnership?
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2018, 08:21:23 PM »
You guys have inspired me to give it a go at designing a new court (easier than unis because its 2d).

Credit to GoldenWarrior11 for the outside matching to our current unis.

Wanted to see a new logo at center, nothing wrong with the current one, just wanted to see something different and the only other alternative would be the screaming chicken, which I don't like.

Liked the MU logo enough to keep it but moved to replace the AL logo, and give Rowsey a spot to launch from.

Wanted to keep Al somewhere so I moved him to the paint and slid the Big East logo to the baseline.  Obviously couldn't go there because of the arc.

Not sold on the powder blue around the perimeter, but I wanted it on more than just center court, because I like the powder blue.

Also forgive the horrendous wood texture that I used, I threw this together kinda quickly.

Any feedback or ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

EDIT: Tried to incorporate "We are Marquette" somewhere but no color shows up well on the bumblebee.

While the PC police most likely wouldn't allow an image of Gesu on the court, wouldn't Marquette Hall look cool at center court? Didn't Tom Crean-era BC have this image on the floor, or am I not remembering correctly? DUKE did this at one time with one of their academic buildings. I know I have a gold Crean-era MU Hoops tee with Marquette Hall positioned prominently.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2018, 08:32:10 PM »
I didn’t know this until recently, but gesu ain’t Marquette

On another note-how’s about the classic silhouette of al in the center or in each lane of both his hands raised in victory-bonus would be of the highs dad in front reinforcing that we are #1 with the double finger salute, enn’a enn’a?  👊
don't...don't don't don't don't

feedback