Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: (debunked) Rumor: Froling Dismissed from Team  (Read 35876 times)

BallBoy

• All American
Re: (debunked) Rumor: Froling Dismissed from Team
« Reply #225 on: March 07, 2018, 09:26:37 AM »

I don't remember compliance, but I remember a post from an individual in the Athletic's Communication group.

MU compliance posted when an MU alumni created a promo video for DJ Newbill and posted it to the site.   The intent was to give the community insight into a committed kid's capabilities but was a impermissible benefit.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #226 on: March 07, 2018, 09:28:25 AM »
If a family member hangs out at a board like this ... that's on them.

And as we saw when some posted what folks were saying on the Creighton board, we're relative mild here!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #227 on: March 07, 2018, 09:45:15 AM »
Count me as one that found the thread unnecessary.  My reasoning was the title.  When someone says dismissed, that implies the kid did something wrong. Words are important, and that word was not needed.  It's a message board, rumors happen, but it would have been much easier to swallow if the thread said RUMOR: Froling may not return next year.   Completely different tone, same outcome.

I hope the young man stays, but it wasn't necessary to imply he was dismissed which implied Wojo or staff were pissed at him, or the kid did something wrong (not a team player, committed a violation, or something else).

And Froling over Merritt?  Did I read that correctly?
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #228 on: March 07, 2018, 10:02:46 AM »
Even though the rumor was that he was dismissed, there was little to no speculation about what it could be. People weren't saying he could be a thief or a cheater or anything along those lines. The original post was just an interesting, possibly believable, story that someone shared with Scoop. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't think there was any ill will in the original post or any of the rest of the thread. This doesn't need to be inflated into something it never was.

By all means, if Harry had been accused of doing something awful that was just a rumor, sure, keep that stuff away. But this is very tame stuff here. No harm, no foul.

I think it's well implied within the rumor that he must have done something pretty bad to be kicked off the team immediately just as the team heads into tournament season (when depth is, you know, kind of important). You don't skip past a benching and/or suspension and go right to booting a kid off the team because he was late for a film session or dogged it during a rebounding drill.

People are free to disagree with me here. I just think it was a sh*tty and unnecessary post.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #229 on: March 07, 2018, 10:39:18 AM »
Wasn't good old Tim Maymon rumored to be on here too?

Common mistake.  That's just 4ever.  He's a dentist.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #230 on: March 07, 2018, 10:51:27 AM »
Common mistake.  That's just 4ever.  He's a dentist.

Now THAT is funny.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #231 on: March 07, 2018, 10:52:52 AM »
Here’s the thing-Harry-if you or any acquaintance or family member, cousins, step aunts and uncles, grandparents are reading this, we want you back dude.  Just relax and play your game!
don't...don't don't don't don't

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #232 on: March 07, 2018, 12:12:18 PM »
Does anyone have any pictures of Dawson's family members posting? i wasn't on here then

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #233 on: March 07, 2018, 01:04:24 PM »
Does anyone have any pictures of Dawson's family members posting? i wasn't on here then
User name was Nevada233 last logged in October 2017
Goal is National Championship

feedback