Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Arena Ticket Update  (Read 196033 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: New Arena Ticket Update
« Reply #900 on: October 24, 2018, 06:12:05 PM »
Aside from petty bickering over cost and perceived convenience, isn't the real issue here tickemaster attempting to make it as difficult as possible for people to print their own tickets so that ticketmaster can act as both a secondary ticket broker and de facto scalper through their online resale system?  Why else would the print at home option become unavailable?

I can print at home off the mobile site.  Can you post a screen shot of what you are seeing?  The app was just updated and there have been problems, granted.

McLintock

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #901 on: October 24, 2018, 06:19:21 PM »
When I log into my Marquette Ticketmaster account, all of this year's games are now listed, but this is the banner that runs across the top of all of them:

Ticket (PRINT AT HOME NO LONGER AVAILABLE)

If you click on a single game, the only options available are to send the tickets to someone electronically or list them in Ticketmaster's resale system (from which they take a huge chunk of the sale price and a service fee). 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #902 on: October 24, 2018, 06:29:22 PM »
Dis thread is a purrfect example of y MU's endowment sucks major ass, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #903 on: October 24, 2018, 06:45:40 PM »
When I log into my Marquette Ticketmaster account, all of this year's games are now listed, but this is the banner that runs across the top of all of them:

Ticket (PRINT AT HOME NO LONGER AVAILABLE)

If you click on a single game, the only options available are to send the tickets to someone electronically or list them in Ticketmaster's resale system (from which they take a huge chunk of the sale price and a service fee).

Weird.  I don't have any of that. I think it must be a desktop thing? From my iPhone here are my screen shots.  I can see some of the angst now of those I was kidding.

I attached these screenshots.  As I pull up the ticket (in this case Carroll) I have the choice to send to Apple Wallet where I can share the ticket to whomever, including emailing it to myself where I can print it.  Or, I can click on "View Barcode" on the Ticketmaster site (circled). The second attachment brings up the ticket with the bar code.  I can then send that view to my printer (circled).

And yes, these teams and ticket agencies are trying to own/defend the grey market.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #904 on: October 24, 2018, 08:13:39 PM »
Weird.  I don't have any of that. I think it must be a desktop thing? From my iPhone here are my screen shots.  I can see some of the angst now of those I was kidding.

I attached these screenshots.  As I pull up the ticket (in this case Carroll) I have the choice to send to Apple Wallet where I can share the ticket to whomever, including emailing it to myself where I can print it.  Or, I can click on "View Barcode" on the Ticketmaster site (circled). The second attachment brings up the ticket with the bar code.  I can then send that view to my printer (circled).

And yes, these teams and ticket agencies are trying to own/defend the grey market.
Don't trust us, hey?
Goal is National Championship

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #905 on: October 24, 2018, 08:38:28 PM »
Don't trust us, hey?

The Scoop Neo-Luddites?  We now know why Scoop has a "Print All" button.  ;)

Slim

• All American
« Reply #906 on: October 24, 2018, 09:32:54 PM »
My plan is to use my phone for entry this year. I’m going to keep my season ticket pack untouched and save it. I think the final year MU printed tickets - the year MU made the FF - will be a nice memory of the season. And hopefully, my future grandson will appreciate it also.

I doubt I will drop my phone, and I will make sure to have adequate brightness. I foresee zero problems.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #907 on: October 24, 2018, 09:47:19 PM »
My plan is to use my phone for entry this year. I’m going to keep my season ticket pack untouched and save it. I think the final year MU printed tickets - the year MU made the FF - will be a nice memory of the season. And hopefully, my future grandson will appreciate it also.

I doubt I will drop my phone, and I will make sure to have adequate brightness. I foresee zero problems.
If ya do,  well 4ever says you be sh*t outa luck.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #908 on: October 24, 2018, 10:20:31 PM »

Well, damn.. you’re going to have major problems if you keep drawing black X’s all over your barcodes. 

This is why we need e-tickets... so the senile sweatervests don’t start playing connect-the-dots with the QR codes. 
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #909 on: October 24, 2018, 10:21:22 PM »
Electronic ticketing sucks and here's why:

Screenshot the ticket and make sure your battery is charged -- Fine, if you want to use an electronic ticket, this is probably the best advice, but, assuming you have a smartphone and want to carry it everywhere, what if you drop your phone in the mass of crowd trying to get in and it breaks?  Now you have no ticket and a huge bill to buy a new phone or get yours fixed - awesome!  Drop a piece of paper, no problem.  The simplest technology, i.e. a piece of paper, is usually the best, and is in this case as well.  I am not an octogenarian or even close, but I will always go through whatever the hassle is to have a piece of paper on me that gives me the right to enter game.  This doesn't mention the additional delays from people trying to get logged into their phones (or find them in their purse), then find the electronic ticket on their phone, make sure their phone doesn't turn off or dim while trying to scan it, etc.  This is technology for the sake of technology and making tickets less easily transferable, and it has very few benefits but a number of downsides.

Two words: OTTER BOX.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #910 on: October 25, 2018, 11:06:39 AM »
Aside from petty bickering over cost and perceived convenience, isn't the real issue here tickemaster attempting to make it as difficult as possible for people to print their own tickets so that ticketmaster can act as both a secondary ticket broker and de facto scalper through their online resale system?  Why else would the print at home option become unavailable?

Yes.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #911 on: October 25, 2018, 04:05:07 PM »
What happens to the guy who buys tickets on StubHub if his phone dies before the turnstile?  How does the ticket office get him into the game?  Or what if I transfer a ticket to a friend's phone and meet him at the game (inside), and his phone dies before getting in?  How do they get in?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #912 on: October 25, 2018, 04:32:03 PM »
What happens to the guy who buys tickets on StubHub if his phone dies before the turnstile?  How does the ticket office get him into the game?  Or what if I transfer a ticket to a friend's phone and meet him at the game (inside), and his phone dies before getting in?  How do they get in?

What if an spacecraft lands on State Street and an alien creature steps out, steals my phone, gets back in, and takes off?   ;)

Keep your phone charged and carry a portable charger. That's what I do.
Have some patience, FFS.

Carl Spackler

• Starter
« Reply #913 on: October 25, 2018, 04:48:22 PM »

Yes

fjm

• All American
« Reply #914 on: October 25, 2018, 04:56:57 PM »

Go to Literally any bar on 3rd street and charge your phone. Then go back into stub hub app. The tickets should still be there. Then go back to stadium and enter.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #915 on: October 25, 2018, 06:28:00 PM »

awww, so halplasz
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #916 on: October 25, 2018, 07:47:51 PM »
I'm late to this discussion, but I don't have a smartphone.  I ran into this issue when buying Cubs tickets off stubhub early in the season.  It sucked.  I'm not expecting people to feel sorry for me, but it kinds bullcrap I need a smartphone to buy tickets to a sporting event.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #917 on: October 25, 2018, 08:08:59 PM »
What if an spacecraft lands on State Street and an alien creature steps out, steals my phone, gets back in, and takes off?   ;)

Keep your phone charged and carry a portable charger. That's what I do.

Den ewe bee chit outta luck, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ducs

• Walk-On
« Reply #918 on: October 25, 2018, 08:39:59 PM »
Got into the private practice tonight with no problem. Moved ticket to apple wallet and used my apple watch to pull up my ticket to get in. Didn’t want to risk dropping my phone.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #919 on: October 25, 2018, 09:01:28 PM »
Got into the private practice tonight with no problem. Moved ticket to apple wallet and used my apple watch to pull up my ticket to get in. Didn’t want to risk dropping my phone.

Here is a bigger issue with the switch and that is with public health. The average mobile phone is 10 times dirtier than a toilet seat.

#toiletseatsnomatta

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/4908654/cell-phone-bacteria
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 09:07:28 PM by Dr. Blackheart »

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #920 on: October 25, 2018, 09:35:06 PM »
Thatsmyticket.com makes nice holders for special events.  They will also create replica tickets if you have a printed one.  I have my Nova ticket in one of their holders.

Those are great, thank you for sharing.  Will check them out.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #921 on: October 25, 2018, 09:38:06 PM »
Here is my worry on e-tickets that has not brought up. Let's say you go with a group of 4. All 4 tickets are on your phone. Some leave to go to the restroom, beer, brat whatever. You come back and the usher asked to see your ticket. What do you do?

Screenshot and text it to the other person.   

Not a major pain, but when you have a 75 year old who is a technophile, it's a potential issue.  Not sure many people care based on what I'm reading.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #922 on: October 26, 2018, 01:04:11 AM »
Get to the games early.

People who don't move the tickets to Apple Wallet or Dropbox, or simply don't know to take a snapshot ahead of time, are going to be logging into their Marquette Account at the turnstiles. 

It's going to be slow, it's going to be frustrating, it's going to be a cluster!

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #923 on: October 26, 2018, 08:55:42 AM »
I'm late to this discussion, but I don't have a smartphone.  I ran into this issue when buying Cubs tickets off stubhub early in the season.  It sucked.  I'm not expecting people to feel sorry for me, but it kinds bullcrap I need a smartphone to buy tickets to a sporting event.

Use your computer print it
Goal is National Championship

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #924 on: October 26, 2018, 10:12:11 AM »
While I sympathized with those who dislike the all electronic ticket setup, I didn't think it was a very big deal.  Until last night... as I entered the FF and had connectivity issues when trying to bring up the tickets.  While I now know that may happen and I will personally be prepared for next time, I can only imagine the cluster it's going to cause on busy game days. It'll end up being a headache for all because a portion of the crowd will have issues.

feedback