Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Arena Ticket Update  (Read 196270 times)

The Lens

• All American
Re: New Arena Ticket Update
« Reply #800 on: September 20, 2018, 01:25:45 PM »
sucks for scalpers...,

Now you'll have a random text history with some dude out on 4th street.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #801 on: September 20, 2018, 04:14:54 PM »
sucks for scalpers...,
Oh I’m sure they’ll do just fine.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #802 on: September 20, 2018, 06:46:14 PM »
Good Heavens! What will the Sweater Vests do?

Complain tons, but quickly figure it out. Vikings made the switch this year. Lots b1tchin, but went OK... HOWEVER...

sucks for scalpers...,

Great for scam artists, perhaps. Heard a few horror stories from week 1. Need to figure out exactly how the con goes down (for protection (nh))

——

I’ll be at Bills at Vikes Sunday. Medtronic / Valhalla club, so holla. 6 hours of all you can eat or drink might make me sleepier than the game itself a1n@
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #803 on: September 20, 2018, 07:42:39 PM »
Complain tons, but quickly figure it out. Vikings made the switch this year. Lots b1tchin, but went OK... HOWEVER...

Great for scam artists, perhaps. Heard a few horror stories from week 1. Need to figure out exactly how the con goes down (for protection (nh))

——

I’ll be at Bills at Vikes Sunday. Medtronic / Valhalla club, so holla. 6 hours of all you can eat or drink might make me sleepier than the game itself a1n@
Homophobia and crushing insecurity is a bad look. 

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #804 on: September 25, 2018, 12:38:17 PM »

Get Ready for Monster Jam

Monster Jam®, the unexpected, unscripted and unforgettable family-friendly motor sport, is coming to Fiserv Forum from Jan. 18-19, 2019. The 2019 season will bring a new level of high-flying, four-wheel excitement to the entire family with six different competitions. On sale begins today at 10am!

General On Sale: Today, Sept. 25 at 10am CT
Show Dates: Jan. 18-19, 2019

You probably already know that we're playing Providence at 11am that Sunday.  I guess we know where our Saturday timeslot went.  Wonder how often this will happen.  Considering the game is at 11am and on CBSN I doubt its a TV deal.  You probably would only ask for a Sunday for FOX.  Otherwise I'm sure both coaches would much rather have a Saturday game.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #805 on: September 25, 2018, 12:52:26 PM »
Correct on the Saturday. The date was never around to be used. That said, it's always about TV. CBSSN is paying for it's rights to show Big East games as well.

Side note: Monster Jam is nothing new to Milwaukee. Same weekend on the calendar that was at the Bradley Center.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 05:05:18 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #806 on: September 25, 2018, 12:55:23 PM »
Correct on the Saturday. The date was never around to be used. That said, it's always about TV. CBSSN is paying for it's rights to show Big East games as well.

Re: TV, if memory serves CBSSN has a pretty low position on the waiver wire.  If this game was on that Saturday it most likely would have been grabbed by FS1 or FOX.  I can't imagine you'd ever schedule a game on a Sunday at 11am for CBSSN. 

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #807 on: September 25, 2018, 03:47:43 PM »
Re: TV, if memory serves CBSSN has a pretty low position on the waiver wire.  If this game was on that Saturday it most likely would have been grabbed by FS1 or FOX.  I can't imagine you'd ever schedule a game on a Sunday at 11am for CBSSN.
CBSSN sub-license about 25 Big East games from FOX. Do they get top picks? No. Yet, I wouldn't say they are low on the position wire as two games go to CBS and they get conference match up's as well. Some of it is luck of the draw. Heck, who to say MU/PC isn't a top 25 match up. Then, many will say at that time, how is a big game on CBSSN.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 03:50:08 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #808 on: September 25, 2018, 04:32:09 PM »
Personally I think Providence is the 3rd or 4th best team in the Big East and we are 1st or 2nd. That should be a pretty good matchup.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
-Bill Walton

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #810 on: October 22, 2018, 02:13:54 PM »
Can’t be right....we were in the NIT last year.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #811 on: October 22, 2018, 02:38:02 PM »
Single tickets purchased now pushed to individual accounts.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #812 on: October 22, 2018, 09:58:01 PM »
I haven't been paying attention.

Will we receive printed season tickets this year?  Can we request them if not?

BossplayaOtto

• All American
« Reply #813 on: October 22, 2018, 10:47:56 PM »

I received my printed season ticket booklet today.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #814 on: October 23, 2018, 08:06:07 AM »

This will be the last year of getting the printed season tickets. Also, anyone that buys single game tickets online, can't print them. You can go to the Al to have them printed for you.
-Bill Walton

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #815 on: October 23, 2018, 11:06:15 AM »

You needed to make a $5000 printing charge donation ;)

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #816 on: October 23, 2018, 01:10:22 PM »
There have been some complaints (justified), but I have a group of 14 alums going to the Seton Hall game and they gave me the group rate even though I was one short.  So thanks MU ticket office!

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #817 on: October 23, 2018, 01:34:11 PM »
I rec'd my tickets yesterday (WFB, WI).  It's one of my top 5 favorite days of the year.

Additionally, MU looks to save some serious money in future years.  I would imagine they've already made investments in the ticketing software etc but now to offload the printing costs?  Wow, we can finally afford Kansas players.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 01:37:07 PM by The Lens »

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #818 on: October 23, 2018, 02:08:18 PM »
I rec'd my tickets yesterday (WFB, WI).  It's one of my top 5 favorite days of the year.

Additionally, MU looks to save some serious money in future years.  I would imagine they've already made investments in the ticketing software etc but now to offload the printing costs?  Wow, we can finally afford Kansas players.

Despite the nostalgia surrounding them, paper tickets have outlived their original purpose.  At some point they took down the hitching posts on State Street as well.

They will save hundreds of thousands of dollars in design, printing, and distribution costs.  I am fine with the team redirecting those dollars for something that will actually help the team win.
Have some patience, FFS.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #819 on: October 23, 2018, 04:24:25 PM »
Despite the nostalgia surrounding them, paper tickets have outlived their original purpose.  At some point they took down the hitching posts on State Street as well.

They will save hundreds of thousands of dollars in design, printing, and distribution costs.  I am fine with the team redirecting those dollars for something that will actually help the team win.

If that is accurate, those are definitely funds that could be put to a better use.

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #820 on: October 23, 2018, 04:53:41 PM »
If that is accurate, those are definitely funds that could be put to a better use.

You say that now but wait until your phone dies before the game because you were at the bars all morning long and your ticket is basically shredded.

Also I still have my nova ticket from two years ago and plan to keep it for quite some time. Not as cool when its just a bar code on your phone.

If hundreds of thousands of dollars is correct (maybe it is over a 20 year period) then I stand corrected, but it's not like we are being held back in any other aspect of basketball because our fans get tickets. Not sure where that money can be put to "better use"

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #821 on: October 23, 2018, 05:05:00 PM »

Ten thousand season tickets with unique artwork and security features, each group indidually bound together by ticket holder and (likely) triple-checked to make sure each package is complete and accurate, and mailed out via first class mail. You don't think that costs at least ten or twenty bucks apiece?

Have some patience, FFS.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #822 on: October 23, 2018, 05:57:44 PM »
You say that now but wait until your phone dies before the game because you were at the bars all morning long and your ticket is basically shredded.

Also I still have my nova ticket from two years ago and plan to keep it for quite some time. Not as cool when its just a bar code on your phone.

If hundreds of thousands of dollars is correct (maybe it is over a 20 year period) then I stand corrected, but it's not like we are being held back in any other aspect of basketball because our fans get tickets. Not sure where that money can be put to "better use"

Hey hundreds of thousands of dollars can buy a couple of really good players at some of those schools being investigated... oh.  Never mind. Lol.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #823 on: October 23, 2018, 06:08:52 PM »
Orr wee could bye 8 more minutes on dat charter aircraft, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #824 on: October 23, 2018, 07:41:56 PM »
They will save hundreds of thousands of dollars in design, printing, and distribution costs.

Yes, over the course of the next 800 years.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.