[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[April 29, 2024, 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 29, 2024, 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Arena Ticket Update  (Read 192936 times)

Benny B

• All American
Re: New Arena Ticket Update
« Reply #525 on: July 28, 2018, 11:08:46 PM »
When that time comes I'll continue to buy them on his account. Marquette won't know who bought em   ;D

What about his donations?

And universities keep pretty good records... they make it their business to know who’s dead and who’s still kicking.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #526 on: July 29, 2018, 05:26:22 AM »
When that time comes I'll continue to buy them on his account. Marquette won't know who bought em   ;D

I'd set the over/under at 1.5 years before they figure it out. Just saying, between donations and longevity, it's worth having your own account.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #527 on: July 29, 2018, 07:09:08 AM »
Did anyone receive a confirmation email after purchasing tickets?

I got nothing, and when I sign into the portal I don't see anything listed under my account.  I believe I completed all the steps in the checkout process, but I have no confirmation. 

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #528 on: July 29, 2018, 07:15:07 AM »
So reseating is just about done.  It seems everyone is generally happy with their selection.  True?

I'm excited about my pick. Went from the upper deck of the Bradley Center to Section 114, Row 14, aisle seats at the Fiserv.Forum!

Looking at the seating chart, some did move down to the lower bowl. Premium seats that were wide open on Wednesday got filled in many areas by Saturday.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #529 on: July 29, 2018, 07:19:08 AM »
Did you receive confirmation of any kind? 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #530 on: July 29, 2018, 07:21:48 AM »
I'm excited about my pick. Went from the upper deck of the Bradley Center to Section 114, Row 14, aisle seats at the Fiserv.Forum!

Looking at the seating chart, some did move down to the lower bowl. Premium seats that were wide open on Wednesday got filled in many areas by Saturday.

So all of Scoop's kvetching amounted to nothing.  Maybe Marquette knows what they are doing.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #531 on: July 29, 2018, 07:27:30 AM »
Did you receive confirmation of any kind?
I believe that is next week.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #532 on: July 29, 2018, 07:31:21 AM »

Points no longer matter.  Plenty of good seats remained right to the end.  Not sure that was the intention, but that's how it worked out.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #533 on: July 29, 2018, 07:36:28 AM »
Points no longer matter.  Plenty of good seats remained right to the end.  Not sure that was the intention, but that's how it worked out.

I'm sure they still do matter. Just more seats in the lower bowl than the Bradley Center. Even by putting a 2,900 seat student section all in the lower bowl. You still have 1,800 new seats in the lower bowl to sell that wasn't around before.
-Bill Walton

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #534 on: July 29, 2018, 07:42:11 AM »
I'm sure they still do matter. Just more seats in the lower bowl than the Bradley Center. Even by putting a 2,900 seat student section all in the lower bowl. You still have 1,800 new seats in the lower bowl to sell that wasn't around before.
I agree.  Far more good seats available.  This results in the importance of points being far less.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #535 on: July 29, 2018, 09:54:55 AM »
I agree.  Far more good seats available.  This results in the importance of points being far less.

I wrote this earlier, agree.  Points have much less value now. 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #536 on: July 29, 2018, 10:23:45 AM »
I wrote this earlier, agree.  Points have much less value now.

When MU wins the Big East they will matter again.  Brokers will step in.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #537 on: July 29, 2018, 11:07:36 AM »
I wrote this earlier, agree.  Points have much less value now this year.

FIFY
Have some patience, FFS.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #538 on: July 29, 2018, 11:29:48 AM »
So reseating is just about done.  It seems everyone is generally happy with their selection.  True?

Guru, where did you wind up?

Well, i sucked it up and spent the extra coin and went for Section 222 row 6...would have liked to have been a bit lower, and could have been if i wanted section 221 or 223, but they were the same price for the same donation, so why not sit dead center under that scenario. My equivalent seats at the BC, required a seat donation this year...it's the first tome I have paid a seat fee, had to swallow hard to do it, but..without knowing how good views are in other sections I decided for this year at least, I'd bite the bullet, until I get a better idea of the views etc from other sections.

On the seat donation of $115(aisle), do those count towards your points as well?? I am assuming not, but I don't know that.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #539 on: July 29, 2018, 12:57:41 PM »
On the seat donation of $115(aisle), do those count towards your points as well?? I am assuming not, but I don't know that.

As far as I know, the mandatory seat donations DO count toward your point total.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #540 on: July 29, 2018, 12:59:31 PM »

So all of Scoop's kvetching amounted to nothing.  Maybe Marquette knows what they are doing.

It will be a mix.  Some will improve, some won't, people will bitch, others will be excited.  Same old same old, can't please them all.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

TVDirector

• All American
« Reply #541 on: July 29, 2018, 01:16:19 PM »
After years moving closer to the floor, albeit in 101 or 102, we chose first row of 222, dead center. 

Comparable seats to our BC location were not truly available, and to be in the vicinity would have cost several hundreds more.
2 in college and one close, this was a no brainer financially.

So we swap the handslapping of players in the tunnel for a better East/West game view. 

Hopefully it’ll feel more intimate being a lower seeming tier and only 20 something rows back. 

Sure would have made things easier if we could have walked the new building- or maybe harder if the lower bowl is actually THAT good!

Bring on the season!

Shooter Flatch

• Starter
« Reply #542 on: July 29, 2018, 01:40:01 PM »
Did anyone receive a confirmation email after purchasing tickets?

I got nothing, and when I sign into the portal I don't see anything listed under my account.  I believe I completed all the steps in the checkout process, but I have no confirmation.

94- I selected today and immediately received a confirmation email.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 02:14:45 PM by Shooter Flatch »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #543 on: July 29, 2018, 02:43:24 PM »
It will be a mix.  Some will improve, some won't, people will bitch, others will be excited.  Same old same old, can't please them all.

The couch seat watching on HDTV in the OC is sweet, I hear.

As to the bitching, MU is asking fans to pony up thousands of dollars to sublease a piece of property they haven't seen. And the recent results have been leaning more toward speculative swampland versus history, especially compared to the premium asked.  At this point, fans are buying on good faith and good will, so MU should be very thankful (and they have been).  This is a big year for the program.

Thanks to the Scoopers here, especially Nielsen, for sharing their info. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #544 on: July 29, 2018, 03:52:27 PM »
As far as I know, the mandatory seat donations DO count toward your point total.

It's actually up to the fan. You can either have it count toward your point total, but then it cannot be deducted on taxes, or you can have it be a tax deductible donation, but then you do not get points for it. If you want it to be deductible, you likely need to contact Marquette to let them know.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #545 on: July 29, 2018, 08:25:25 PM »
Snagged my seats up in the new grad section. I really wanted to do the $275 section but a lot of the lower seats were gone. Lame I know.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #546 on: July 29, 2018, 08:36:29 PM »
Snagged my seats up in the new grad section. I really wanted to do the $275 section but a lot of the lower seats were gone. Lame I know.
  Even in 212 Or 213?
-Bill Walton

Slim

• All American
« Reply #547 on: July 29, 2018, 09:34:10 PM »
I am thrilled to have the opportunity to move up in a year that I expect great things. I have a low point total -50 - and have had mediocre seats in the lower bowl corners for a few years. These were the best seats available at my time each year. So I got section 116 row 5. I couldn’t believe they were available at such a late date. I hope I get this lucky next year too.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #548 on: July 30, 2018, 08:00:31 AM »
I am thrilled to have the opportunity to move up in a year that I expect great things. I have a low point total -50 - and have had mediocre seats in the lower bowl corners for a few years. These were the best seats available at my time each year. So I got section 116 row 5. I couldn’t believe they were available at such a late date. I hope I get this lucky next year too.

Nice dude congrats!

And Nielsen, if I was going to do $275, I was going to want to be in the closest to center court $275's not in the end zones. If that makes sense.

But I'm still ok with my purchase! Should be a great year!

TheGym

• Starter
« Reply #549 on: July 30, 2018, 08:49:21 AM »
It's actually up to the fan. You can either have it count toward your point total, but then it cannot be deducted on taxes, or you can have it be a tax deductible donation, but then you do not get points for it. If you want it to be deductible, you likely need to contact Marquette to let them know.

I am not exactly sure if that is true.  If your mandatory "scholarship contribution" is a requirement for your basketball ticket purchase I believe they are automatically non-deductible.  However, if you make additional donation to your college you can have the choice of getting points and being non-deductible or forgoing the points and getting the deduction.